Where warm waters Halt...

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scouring the whole state of Connecticut for treasure always happy to get leads and buddies to dig with and to learn more about bury treasures and ghost towns in my state.

ovsalazar

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my thoutght

Anyone care to share stories of locations they have already searched and why they were lead to those places? of course these are places you already have decided arent the place. Id love to hear others thoughts on locations and how locations seem to fit the poem.

Hi, I'm Octavio from Mexico, this is the first time I write in this forum, however I have been a reader in here for many years. I was thinking that maybe "thermal waters" could mean "Agua Caliente" in spanish.

Maybe "where thermal waters halts" is where "Agua Caliente" street finish, perhaps in Santa Fe city.

Just my thouths.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this answer, Its the house of Brown that stumps me. Maybe we could share info.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, lets hear it! I have heard the statement," I know the answer", so many times and all with no backup! I think it is a feel good phrase. Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

ovsalazar

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just other thought: "Thermal water halts" = "Cold Water" or "Agua Fria St" in Santa Fe City.
And take it in the canyon down, maybe it's "Upper Canyon Rd", just outside Santa Fe.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Just other thought: "Thermal water halts" = "Cold Water" or "Agua Fria St" in Santa Fe City.
And take it in the canyon down, maybe it's "Upper Canyon Rd", just outside Santa Fe.

Hay you have another approach, good. Are those areas north of Santa Fe and over 5K' ? Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

ovsalazar

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agua Fria St is downtown Santa Fe, and Upper Canyon Rd is to the East, I'll try to attach a google map image where you can see both. I think that if you follow the Agua Fria St. you can go to "Canyon Road Arts" and maybe there is the home of brown.

Captura de pantalla 2013-08-13 a la(s) 18.19.48.png

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warm waters halt

I have a few ideas, I put them in a PP that converted to a .pdf hope it uploads.

Attachments

• The Treasure box of Santa Fe.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 606

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Curtis

The Cimarron River heads at the dam at Eagle Nest. The waters are cold even in summer and I have never
seen no water running down the Cimarron Canyon that leads to Cimarron NM. I have travelled that road many
times. The tourist town of Eagle Nest is over 8000 ft. If you take hwy 64 south you will pass the turnoff to
Angel Fire, the road will now ascend Palo Flechado Pass, 9100 ft which takes you to Taos NM. Hwy 68 follows
the Rio Grande River south to Santa Fe. I have fished at Eagle Nest Lake many times for trout and coconoe
salmon. At the dam the water is so deep that Lake trout have been caught. Lake trout are found in deep
cold waters.

I don't know of any warm waters at that elevation. I enjoyed your presentation. LL

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastleg

I am sorry to differ with you, but we maybe need to clarify things. The point was that the warm water ended at the dam, the water coming out of the bottom is cold, so the warm water ends there at the lake, its also the home of brown trout, suppose to be one of the best brown trout streams....how can you say there is no water going down the canyon? I have walked in it...and I have been there in the summer and spring--- and water is always going to at least to he Boy scout camp. reread it.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Curtis

Reread what I wrote, I thought I said I had never seen water NOT flowing down Cimarron Canyon.

The fly fishing area in the upper canyon if famous for browns but gets fished out and FS has to put
fingerlings in from the hatchery near Questa yearly.

As for warm waters halting it just doesn't fit as the lake is fed from snow melt from surrounding
mountains.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Curtis

Thinking about your posts I remembered getting a good lead while fishing on Eagle Nest about 15 years
ago. We had two guides on the pontoon that day. My hunting buddy for 40 years was also on board.
This guy started talking about an old Hispanic woman who came to Eagle Nest looking for help finding
a cottonwood tree her grandfather hid his high-graded gold nuggets under in a bucket. Miners hid big
specimens they found in the mines and secreted them in or near their cabins during the gold mining
boom north of EN.

My buddy and I forgot the fishing and tried to pry out the details because we knew the camp and had
permission to hunt for coins but not for nuggets. Cottonwoods grow near a water source. We detected
around as many as we could but most were near occupied dwellings.

If you plan to go back to Cimarron Canyon send a PM. The road to the camp will put you close to the
trees. I know your equipment is supposed to find these type caches. This is a second hand lead that
is very likely to be legit. I found a high-grade container there with 2 plus oz myself so I know what
the lady said is reasonable. The one I found was melted inside two brass containers, using a Fisher
VLF. It was crushed and since I save copper/brass I took it back home. Later I went through my
c/b bucket and remembered where I found it. I prized open the container and a melted blob fell out.

The old cabin had burned in one of several fires that swept the camp and who knows if the miner
got out alive. I like to think it belonged to one of the 'soiled doves' who worked the miners for
high-grade.

OP
OP
KGCnewbieseeker

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
my thought is that WWWH is a well known landmark like old faithful its got to be a location that if the treasure is buried in 1000 years people will know...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, I'm Octavio from Mexico, this is the first time I write in this forum, however I have been a reader in here for many years. I was thinking that maybe "thermal waters" could mean "Agua Caliente" in spanish.

Maybe "where thermal waters halts" is where "Agua Caliente" street finish, perhaps in Santa Fe city.

Just my thouths.
Good thought, Octavio.....there's all sorts of possibilities...I hadn't thought of street names.
Jim

OP
OP
KGCnewbieseeker

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
not to crush anyones ideas but i highly doubt the treasure is in a city, long and short of it is he wanted to die beside the treasure and the stink of a rotting body would alert people to its location pretty quickly in a city or town and second his partial motivation for hiding the thing he said was to encourage people to get out of the house and away from electronics and to enjoy the beauty of nature. so yeh. Not likely its in a city or town.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have a few ideas, I put them in a PP that converted to a .pdf hope it uploads.
Curtis, thanks for sharing. If I were you I would get up there as soon as possible. Looks like you did your homework. I was looking at a place near there, on maps, and saw the lake with dam neat Indian land that looked like that. It does look promising. If I was in the area, I would definitely look there. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions