FORREST FOR THE TREES**********

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronzie
Whiterock7 is not the darkling. I am refering to to someone on one of the Fenn's boards, one of his shills, one of the posters
medieval.jpg

Jayackam, you have a good eye for some of the many things that are suspect in this
Thrill Game of Fenn's. However you need to refrain from expressing all that is wrong in
such stark Medieval pre Age of Enlightment terms.

Consider that mankind does not need some supernatural force to make him evil, greedy,
cruel or a worshiper of self or wealth.. Man is perfectly capable of doing all that
using his free choice the brain that God gave him/her.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As already requested by mods once, please keep religion out of thread, if not either thread gets locked or timeouts are issued....

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree totally Treasure Hunter. Rage, rage against the darkness. But let us keep religion out of it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread will end up being closed and members banned with the path a few have chosen to take it on. Mark my words it all will be lost.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
As already requested by mods once, please keep religion out of thread, if not either thread gets locked or timeouts are issued....

Keep it real and about the :tchest:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goat-eats-book.JPG

Well boys, I am going to digest some of this stuff in private and see where things began to spiral out of control. Learn from your mistakes is my motto.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Back to the chase! Did anyone find out how much Fenn made on this chase? It will only keep flowing in as long as nothing is found. I wonder if Fenn is a relative of P T Barnum? Frank... Corvett com.jpg Now there's something for a real chase!

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NVradar

cooking-gas.jpg

NVRadar is finallly "cooking with gas" over on the Dark Wood Chase thread, while Sunny Ronzie is attempting to organize a search party of "keep it simple stupid" cache searchers. Go figure Frankn.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Could there be a cache behind this rock? Frank...
tree rock.jpg

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astronomy.jpg

I am posting the link to an interview that Fenn did with Lorene Mills, Public TV station in Santa Fe, NM, April 2013.. It offers a classic example of how Fenn enjoys sandbagging people who know far less about a subject than he does. IF YOU know nothing about the coriolis effect of the rotation of the earth you will not realize that you are being hosed by Fenn. If you know about the Coriolis effect , you will be stunned or find his explanation hilarious.
Advance video to 25 min. point.

The Coriolis effect (also called the Coriolis force) is defined as the apparent deflection of objects (such as airplanes, wind, missiles, and ocean currents) moving in a straight path relative to the earth's surface. Its strength is proportional to the speed of the earth's rotation at different latitudes but it has an impact on moving objects across the globe.

Forrest Fenn, Author, "The Thrill Of The Chase" | Report From Santa Fe

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silence-lambs.jpg

Becoming more aware of an interesting parodox while "playing" this Thrill Chase game.

ie: The Beware The Naysayers cult are playing the role of the meek, while the Naysayers

to the "in the wood" theory are playing the role of the brave. Fenn has managed to turn

logic on it's head in the minds of the faithfull playing this Thrill game. Think the

lust for the gold plays a role in this parodox?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The question for Fenn is, How many books and book sales can he get out of one theoretical cache.
Frank... AAgreek vase.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Angle

Buffalo-Drive.jpg

Another angle from which to view getting a thrill from a chase. The hunter may be in it just for the thrill of the chase, but some of the quarry will certainly suffer for what a significant segment of society would view as immoral reasons. Life is more than a game or a morality play to much of society.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay how about the Judas Goat theory. Fenn is the goat and he turns off at the last minute before the slaughter with the cache which is not the chest but his profit from the book sales. Frank... COOKIE MONSTER.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JackPalanceCitySlickers.PNG

Frankn, the facts do not support your suspicions that Fenn devised this Thrill in 2010 to make money from selling his book. The facts support the probability that the Thrill morphed into a potentially profitable venture in Feb. of 2013, and Fenn did what he does best. He promoted his book and himself and he got lucky when marketing driven national media picked up the story. An estimated 20,000 copies were sold. @$35 list price for orders filled by CWBS. Orders taken thru Amazon.com sold at $45 per copy, but Amazon.com took a 15% fee for the service. Do the math Frankn. But just as with the Fenn cache, to determine where the money went, one needs facts, not just visions of sugar plumbs dancing in your head. Good luck in interpreting what Fenn says about profits.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Frankn, I like when you post scenic pics with your posts and BTDT I miss your pic and little history stories (Dante Alighieri, Joseph Meek, John Richard Hersey). I do find them interesting.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, I like when you post scenic pics with your posts and BTDT I miss your pic and little history stories (Dante Alighieri, Joseph Meek, John Richard Hersey). I do find them interesting.
shoot-for-the-moon.png

Well now Ronzie, that is very gracious of you. To reciprocate I am posting here the latitude/longitude for the location of the Fenn cache. Just copy and paste the following coordinates into the Google Map search box. No need to thank me Ronzie.
Pleased to do it for your In The Wood search planning phase. 35.670636,-105.927561

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread