Buried Military Tank

What does a military tank buried more or less 8 ft deep indicate?

• Total voters

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
Zobex said:
SWR said:
Zobex said:
If it were at the time found, still a fire retarding device, why would the IJA leave two fire retarding devices on the turret top of a tank and then bury the whole mess under 8 feet of dirt. As a signal, marker, code, reminder ??

So far the "Buried Military Tank" is just a fantasy and the figment of somebodies imagination. A recent photograph of the Tank would be helpful, not just a picture of some feet

SWR, what is this, Short Witted Response ? You never seem to contribute anything of value or relevant to your own experiences or activities. You post on many boards of this forum but never a contribution. There is nothing wrong with being an Ignoramus. We are all born --deleted-- at birth. But, normal people strive to learn, to educate themselves and develop in a constrictive, socially appropriate fashion. You act like a disruptive 5 year old at the family dinner table. That type of behavior may be accepted in your early youth but you are far beyond that. Such a character trait must be overcome. Sadly for some few they never grow out of it.

As we grow, we often are measured. This is a way in which not only others but we ourselves are able to understand our growth or lack there of. In school the most common way in which we are “measured” and represented is in the statistical fashion graphically depicted in the traditional “Bell Curve”. By it’s nature the majority of the pool being measured are found statistically in the greater center of the Bell Curve. That is where the majority or average is found. By it’s very nature, the curve is terminated in the few which exceed on one end and those who fall short on the other. You fall short in your contributions. Why that is, is only known to you. ‘MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.’

In the future please exercise self discipline. If you have nothing of value to offer then be still and learn from those who do.

Zobex

Very well said Zobex. I couldn't possibly agree more, and I suspect that others agree as well.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
zobex, that's the best dressing down i've ever heard to slobbermouth. that's all he is good for, just more and more slobber.
do you know what a slimeball is? that's him.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I don't have a dog in this fight. I am a member of both Tnet & TSEATC. I think it's pretty cheesy, zobex, for you to continue to air your "dirty laundry" about SWR on another internet website. Just my humble opinion.

Attachments

• zobex.jpg
    zobex.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,507

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before reading half way down the post the first thing that came to my mind was buried gold or valuables. It could be the case. Think of it that a crew, or a squad of some soldiers hauling/taking a tank, trucks, equipment to include a bulldozer to a location in retreat along with haul of stolen gold/valuables. They get together knowing they are losing the war and maybe they talked with each other to bury some the gold/valuables in the tank that they could come back later and recover.

Maybe they had a dozer with them due to the jungles, etc. I know when I was in training for Combat Engineers, we used blade dozers to dig tank ditches as part of the training. Doesn't take very long especially in soft soil!

Could be possible, maybe during the end of the war some of the soldiers got killed and the few survivors made it back to their homeland and due to the U.S. occupation were affraid to go back and retrieve it. Then many years later some may have forgot about it, died of whatever reason and the lone survivor came back to find the tank and dig for it himself and recover the valuables while claiming he was looking for his relative that was buried there.

Anything is possible. I would certainly dig down all around the turret and look for top and side hatches on it, (most tanks in WW2 not only had top hatches but also side hatches on the turrets and crews would open to let cool air in the tank when not in combat, remember they didn't have air conditioning in those days and in the jungles and deserts tanks get hot inside being they are metal ovens) and I would weld a couple of chains to the hatch, then cut the hinges off and locking hatch handle and get a heavy duty truck or something attach the chain and drive off ripping the hatch off. That way if it was booby trapped no one would be close by if it went off.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
allan said:
Pretty nifty... how did you capture that web page?

It's a secret. Not really. See below!

starsplitter said:
If you use firefox its as easy as pushing a button, awesome screenshot I think its called

I use a different technique, but awesome screenshot would work, too.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joe said:
Hello Zobex,

what would be the meaning for this one found near seaside at 1m depth with 2pcs glass bomb with neck tide with rusted wire and was on top of this tank cover ???lucklly no one hit it by shovel......... :o

Just for kicks, Google up Japanese balloon bombs. Vaguely remember some actually made it here. That'd be really nice if it was one of them.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
SWR said:
I wonder how many folks realize this thread ended over four (4) years ago :icon_scratch:

SWR, you must have made quite an impression on zobex. Look at the date of zobex's post in the tseatc photo- August 2011. 4 years later and zobex is still talking about avoiding you... ;D

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
Arizona Bob said:
I don't have a dog in this fight. I am a member of both Tnet & TSEATC. I think it's pretty cheesy, zobex, for you to continue to air your "dirty laundry" about SWR on another internet website. Just my humble opinion.

Well Bob, one of the reasons TSEATC was created was on account of the shabby way things have turned out on TN. Mostly for the lack of responsible behavior that has been allowed to drag down this once fine forum. When the TN was being put up for sale a time back I even offered to purchase TN to try and clean it up. But that was not a serious offer to sell.

You are welcome to your opinion and so are the many members who USED to post on TN and now have moved over to TSEATC which is, in my opinion, run on a true treasure hunter basis rather than rag chew the same old line again, again and again.

For your singular comment degrading my actions, I have received many more condoning my actions. But then this is not a popularity contest.

I will check in again in about a month, to see if there is any comment on my comment, which is about as often as I now check in on the TN forum.

Z

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
Arizona Bob said:
SWR said:
I wonder how many folks realize this thread ended over four (4) years ago :icon_scratch:

SWR, you must have made quite an impression on zobex. Look at the date of zobex's post in the tseatc photo- August 2011. 4 years later and zobex is still talking about avoiding you... ;D

Bob, as for this topic of a buried tank in the Philippines which started in 2007. This thread was started by Sam Lee of Mindanao. In 2009 we dug up the tank that is the topic. It is in Koronadal City, Mindanao, under the city street. The picture Sam posted on the thread was not of the tank, it was a dummy picture he used to generate interest. We left the tank there and took what we wanted, only after there was considerable confrontation in an attempted XX by Lee. But again that is a topic that should be under cache hunting in the Philippines, not under stories and word of mouth legends. This is why, as I posted, the serious treasure hunters interested in the Philippines went to a forum that covers that topic.

So this thread should be closed as was the IJA tank, I will have no more comment on that.

Z

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 1968 in Vietnam up on the DMZ my unit lost 4 M-60 tanks to NVA 120mm rockets in the Ah Shaw Valley after the battle we called in for a bulldozer to dig deep holes to bury the 4 tanks , before the holes where filled in we made sure everything inside was destroyed so anything is possible back in the 1940,s .

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Japanese did that regularly, On Tarawa, they buried the type 99 tanks to the turrets, turning them into 360 degree pillboxes. Read where it was done on Iwo Jima, Pellilu also. HH

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again! The tank is of course filled with treasure, or it points to treasure. Everything in the Philippines is a marker for treasure, everyone knows that!
Oh, if only someone would bank roll me, I just dont have the money for a backhoe, or even a shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread