DE-Kidds Treasure

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
Re: DE-Kidd's Treasure

his treasure has been reported in many places but he did need to sail past delaware to get home with his cache. so it is possible.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

pather said:
I heard that there's a treasure from captain Kidd in Millsboro, DE. Any ideas?

They are supposed to be all over the east coast from Florida to Rhode Island. He couldn't have had as much treasure as there are stories. You just have to hope yours is the true one!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

pather said:

do a google search on the subject. im sure you will find info on it as it is a very popular story. as far as it being true.............i really doubt it, but i guess it is possible.

OP
OP
Nick in NEPA

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
pather said:

They are supposed to be all over the east coast from Florida to Rhode Island. He couldn't have had as much treasure as there are stories. You just have to hope yours is the true one!
According to my version, there was a map to go with it.

treasurewarrior

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that story have circulated for years, the problem is it evolves around a single oak tree off of the indian river in Delaware ,reportedly near "ware cove", that area has been developed and is infested with oak trees, so without more precise information, it is hopelessly lost forever. assuming one could get even close to the area, most accounts of captain kidds hidden treasures would have been buried several feet deep, making the average metal detector quite usless. a more effective tool would be a portable ground penetrating radar system, there is a good unit made by a german company but it is in the $17,000 to $20,000 range, but this would be usefull in locating those unusual square shapes underground at considerable depths

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread