Putnam/Westchester NY

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From the United State Treasure Atlas by Thomas P. Terry... vol. 7 NM., N.Y.,NC.,ND.,OH.

Putnam county # 712 on N.y . map
The Pirate Captain Kidd reportedly buried a cache of treasure at Cold Spring.

#713 The lost Jaspar Mine silver mine is believed to be located in the area of Garrison You can buy the book from one of our venders here.
Westchester county is full of good places and lots of pirates in the Atlas.
# 715B. A number of Caches of treasure were made by Tories who were forced to flee the area of Peekskill during the Revolution
715D.
a lost Spanish silver mine and a large store of mined silver cached on Letterrock Mountain.
Much more
Gary Picture 56.jpg

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know Kellyco sells them check with others too Bigboys,Fort Bedford,Treasure Stuff on here.
I sold them years ago for $ 9.95 or 19.95 can`t remember, lot more now maybe .
Gary

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a little research . I forget where I found it but there is supposed to be a Cache in or near Mount Beacon , BEACON - Dutchess county I used to live up there

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dutchess co.
#698 Ashel Bell a miser hermit until death 1897 vasts amounts of cash through real estate dealings.
Owned land on both sides of Hudson River Bell Buried at least 30,000 in gold coins near Bells cabin located and in caves near village Fishkill NE of Beacon as he romed his property by himself most of the time.
Seen prowling around Crows Nest and Storm King Mountains as well.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ya i`d be willing to sell mine for less that that .4 grand is a lot of money hard to believe !
Gary

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post about the Beacon Cache Local rumor claimed he was found floating in the Hudson River , they thought he was murdered by people seeking the treasure's location I never sought it out
Regarding Beacon there was a COG rail line that ran up the MT. was a tourist site in the 1900's People would go for a lookout point
I now it was long defunct when I used to work the area in the 80 - 90"S

OP
OP
R

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm pretty sure you'd find a buyer. I'd be interested but way less than the link I sent. The one I just bought for CT was around $40.

OP
OP
R

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice infos Citiboy289 and G.A.P.metal ! THANKS ! A little sad you're so much upstate G.A.P.metal, sure it would be fun to go hunting with you.

OP
OP
R

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think the guys posted a hoak or something on Amazon. All the other volumes I saw start at $12 to $15 and never go higher than $40 something. Unless they are new (in that case around $100), but I don't even know how "new" is still possible for this book!

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waitting for the Turkey to cool Just did a quick e bay search look under treasure books New York there is a book ( not the one your talking about ) but is named NY treasure and metal detecting sites guy has 2 cost is 12.95 He is in Brooklyn

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post about the Beacon Cache Local rumor claimed he was found floating in the Hudson River , they thought he was murdered by people seeking the treasure's location I never sought it out
Regarding Beacon there was a COG rail line that ran up the MT. was a tourist site in the 1900's People would go for a lookout point
I now it was long defunct when I used to work the area in the 80 - 90"S

Citi, I rode the cog to the top of the mountain when I was a kid in the 1950s, was a real shame they discontinued it. Hiked up there in my 20s, the tracks were still there. Went there in about 1973 with my BFO but as soon as I got out of my car with the machine a county cop showed up and told me I couldn't go on that property, I would be trespassing. Don't think he even knew what the detector was, just no trespassing. I had thought there might be some artifacts there from the beacon keepers who camped up there during the Rev war.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that supposed to be all backwards?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In the Eastchester area, behind what is now the Middle School, is a woods (where Field End Lane and Whithall Rd. meet). As a kid in the 50s, I'd go into that woods and play on and around a large boulder. I'd also bring a Mason Jar, screwdriver and hammer--and take garnets out of that boulder. Google Earth shows part of that woods still exists. Maybe that same boulder with a few less garnets is also still there.
Don..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions