Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Sink or swim frankn.
I posted this to YOU all the way back in August, 2013 on the thread that WE managed to get locked
by TreasureHunter, the mod.

"Hello Frankn. What it indicated to me (at a certain point in time) was that any place you

selected in the outdoors to call " where the warm waters halt" was just good as any other.
Because in the outdoors was not where a searcher should be searching for the Fenn treasure."
POSTED 8/27/2013

Not really! A starting point is an exact location, not just as good as any other place. Nice side step.
Frank...-
five star.png

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXPECTATIONS

Schrodner-cat.jpg

OH HELL!! Just forgetaboutit Frankn. Just follow me!! I KNOW A SHORTCUT.
I SEE now why Fenn thought it might be one thousand years before anyone sloved his poem map mind game.

Note to Frankn: Consider that starting point does not fit YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

OH HELL!! Just forgetaboutit Frankn. Just follow me!! I KNOW A SHORTCUT.
I SEE now why Fenn thought it might be one thousand years before anyone sloved his poem map mind game.

Note to Frankn: Consider that starting point does not fit YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

OK, Where are we starting from? LOL

Frank...- Looks like you are going for the super position!
five star.png

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE JOURNEY IS WITHIN

nothing-in-Stone.jpg

I posted to you in August, 2013 on the previously mentioned LOCKED Thread that you started:

"But just for you Frankn, before I go. Where you start in the poem map is not "where the warm waters halt. Are you really going to start where the coyote points you to? YOU start with the first four (4) lines of the poem map."
POSTED 8/31/2013 6pm

-------------------------

I view the first four lines in the poem map as an opening statement about what is to follow, not as just some words for filler.

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.
------------------------------------------
FORREST FOR THE TREES********** - Page 4

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
"But just for you Frankn, before I go. Where you start in the poem map is not "where the warm waters halt. Are you really going to start where the coyote points you to? YOU start with the first four (4) lines of the poem map."
POSTED 8/31/2013 6pm

NO, But if you follow HIS trail you see a dropped book or two and way up ahead a multimillion $ movie contract. Hay, maybe they will find the 'cache' in the movie. Perhaps a Jones type series.
Hay just maybe Fenn is the one that winds up with the contents and all the searchers wind up just holding the 'bag'.
Frank...-
cm.png

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DRAWING CONCLUSIONS

oz-the-great-and-powerful-5.jpg

As you know, when you read you use clues in the text to determine what is happening.
A good author will not spell everything out for you, but instead will give you hints.
I found this to be expecially true of Fenn's poem map, his other writing and interviews related to his Chase mind game.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feen Fan Bunker

bunker.jpg

Favorite "bunkers" that Fenn Cult of Personality folks rush to when confronted by a "naysayer"
who questions their "faith/unfettered belief" in a real/physical treasure cache hidden by Fenn.
1) Maybe someone has found the cache and chooses not to report the find to skirt legal issues
and/or whatever.

2) Can't share their information because they are sure of their "solve" but can't make the trip
to recover the cache yet.

You know the drill by now Frankn. Don't let NVradar "bother" you.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Favorite "bunkers" that Fenn Cult of Personality folks rush to when confronted by a "naysayer"
who questions their "faith/unfettered belief" in a real/physical treasure cache hidden by Fenn.
1) Maybe someone has found the cache and chooses not to report the find to skirt legal issues
and/or whatever.

2) Can't share their information because they are sure of their "solve" but can't make the trip
to recover the cache yet.

You know the drill by now Frankn. Don't let NVradar "bother" you.

At my age, there is nothing left to bother me. I am out of the cage, free as a bird.
Frank...-
AA birds fresco.jpg

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attitude

BlindLeadingTheBlind.gif

I suspect that it takes the following kind of positive attitude/understanding to see the TOTC game BLAZE.
Fenn devised the game. Much more is required mentally of the game player to solve the poem map.

"It seems that the more places I see and experience, the bigger I realize the world to be. The

more I become aware of, the more I realize how relatively little I know of it, how many places I

have still to go, how much more there is to learn. Maybe that's enlightenment enough - to know

that there is no final resting place of the mind, no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom, at

least for me, means realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go."

Credit to Anthony Bourdain where credit is due.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLUE VS. HINT

crow_city_of_angels_ver2.jpg

Clue vs. hint as my work found Fenn to use the words in his chase game.

Fenn has stated several times that his hints WOULD NOT help a chase game player (aka as a searcher) find the treasure/chest. Fenn has said that the clues all are in the poem. He has also said that a searcher does not need TOTC book or TFTW book to find his treasure/chest.

In my judgment the hints should be used to help the TOTC game player (aka searcher) find and interpret the clues in the poem map. Fenn also has said that while the books are not required reading, they likely would help since there are hints sprinkled around in TOTC book. Also repeated reading of the poem map and the TOTC book is recommended by Fenn. To aid in Connecting hints with clues in the searcher's mine maybe? I think so.

OK, so now the seeker must consider how Fenn is using the word treasure/chest. There is more than one interpretation as one should know. Also one should become clear on the reason for the repeated reading that Fenn is recommending. Think maybe that just might be a hint? So then what is up with that?

Now where to start? Mind you, the starting point is a "must see or forgetaboutit place" for some.
I'm talking to you now Frankn, so LISTEN GOOD. Fenn responds, AT THE BEGINNING. Think that might be a hint to begin your quest for that fist clue at the beginning of the Poem map?

Now, what about too far to walk? Think that might be part of a clue as well as a hint
when one learns that Fenn titles his next book Too Far To WalK? Recall that Fenn said that he "accidentally" included a clue in the TFTW book?

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parapraxis or Freudian slip?

Slip-of-the-tongue.jpg

Back in March, 2013 Fenn gave what was billed as his first additional clue on the Today Show.
Note the 7,000 feet changed to 5,000 feet.
Caught my attention since Santa Fe, where the interview took place, just happens to be 7,199 feet above sealevel and so was Fenn's brain with the probable treasure illusion.
A new clue points to a golden treasure - YouTube

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A FEW RED FLAGES

red-flags.jpg

So then, remember when Fenn first had to deal with the question of "what if a searcher found the
treasure and did not let Fenn or anyone else know for some reason? In an interview conducted by
Lorene Mills ( Public radio/TV) Lorene asks Fenn who he really was? Fenn responded with "I hope
nobody ever finds out". A BIG RED GARRISON SIZE FLAG (20 feet hoist by 36 feet fly) went up for me.

So then, the first reply Fenn later gave to the subject question was that he would have no way of
knowing of the secret find. This statement by Fenn later morphed into he thought that if anyone
found the treasure, that person would be unable to keep the find secret. Maybe Fenn did not want
TOTC searchers thinking they maybe would not be able to find it because it was not there? Of
course this raised the question with some of-- HOW WOULD FENN KNOW? Details are pesky things . don't you know.
Forrest Fenn, Author, "The Thrill Of The Chase" | Report From Santa Fe

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOUR QUEST BEGINS AND ENDS IN YOUR MIND

TS-Eliot-see -for-first-time.jpg

I pulled just a few words together as an example of how Fenn likely used the word "canyon" in his poem map to indicate something other than what the chase game player expected, and was therefore looking for, in the , with his poem map clue. Linear thinkers just slogging along in the "belly of the beast option" and having all kinds of "fun" in the process. The thrill of the chase (or maybe a bait and switch trick) don't you know. If the reader is serious player rather than a window shopper you may have been there done that 2.

EXAMPLE:

The sands of time slip
through my finger tips

leaving particles
behind.

Memories of someone
who never was.

Memories of some thing
That exists only
In the canyons of my mind.

By:Anonymous

And some may have noted my use of the "warm waters halt" clue in one of my early posts on the now locked Tnet thread (Forrest For The Trees) as poetry and fiction would allow it's use. In that instance, the "poet" could be using warm water halt for death.BUT THERE ARE OTHER POTENTIAL MEANINGS ALSO. Like maybe birth (aka at delivery) or troubled periods of living one's life, like being a target of BLM/FBI investigation maybe? Choices don't you know. All linear thinkers are just ground down and spit out of "the belly of the beast" by Fenn's TOTC game. In my judgement it
is impossibe for a linear thinker to find the starting point in the poem that Fenn devised without the assistance of a non-linear thinker. Let me introduce you to the canyons of time.
When Fenn suggests that a searcher should think outside the box he is advising non-linear thinking rather that being BOXED IN by the linear thinking BOX constructed by many or most linear thinkers.
---------------------------

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang Tight

hang-tight-Hammock-1.jpg

The below quote was taken from an interview with Fenn:
Alex Hannaford, The Telegraph | September 16, 2013

"He says one of the rules he made for himself when he was a teenager was that he never wanted to do anything for more than 15 years — there are, he insists, “so many good things to do and not many 15s”. First there were 15 years of schooling. Then he went into the military, flying fighter planes in Vietnam, something about which he writes a significant amount in The Thrill of the Chase. “That took me 20 years,” he says, “because I needed a couple more years to get retirement.” Then he and his wife moved from Texas to New Mexico, towing a trailer behind their truck to Santa Fe, where they attempted to make it in the art world. His philosophy was to deal solely in luxuries. “I never wanted to do anything where my best client gave me a hundred bucks,” he explains. “When you’re dealing in necessities, they’re labour intensive. I wanted to deal with the top.” Fenn sold to -everyone, he says, “from movie stars and politicians [including former president Ronald Reagan to the rancher and the farmer”. Fourteen years in, he began the process of selling his business, but he says it took a little longer than he anticipated. “I was out after 17-and-a-half years,” he says. Now he’s on his fourth “15”, as a writer and archaeological excavator — a few years ago he bought an entire Indian pueblo outside Santa Fe, and he is in the process of digging for its hidden artefacts." END QUOTE

If a reader is having trouble following me; just hang tight. I actuually do know where I am going. Difficult things are easily explained; while unexplainable things take a little longer to walk thru.
?The Thrill of the Chase': Why Forrest Fenn sparked a treasure hunt for $3-million worth of gold and artifacts | National Post

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A WORD TO THE WISE

catfish-2.jpg

While there is more than one way to skin a cat; I have found that there seems to be only one way

that is the best way.

Some may have read Fenn's recent post titled “The Experienced Skinner…” on Dal's TOTC forum.
I will use that post to illustrate how I see Fenn playing the Skinner role in his chase mind game.

Fenn's post has an attached photo of the old knife Fenn found in an old chest in the back of the
store on a 1957 trip to France and Fenn decided that he had to have that knife. Therefore the reader has the picture of a knife in mind naturally. Of course, knives are used to skin annimals. But then in the story Fenn calls the salesman that sold Fenn the knife a skinner. So why would Fenn, in his story about a knife, choose to refer to the store salesman as a skinner? Well because when used in the contest of the story at hand, skinner is short-hand for the term mule skinner. And what does a mule skinner do? Well a mule skinner drives mules. A mule skinner does not skin mules, he gets mules to executes his commands as desired. So then, why the term mule skinner.? Think maybe because mule skinner is slang for muleteer (French muletier)?
Think maybe that little story about the old knife with the antler handle just might be a hint to be
applied to the chase for Fenn's treasure? If so who or what might the mules represent?
The Experienced Skinner? | Thrill Of The Chase

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THRE BANE OF LINEAR THINKERS

guinea-horse.JPG
'Please tell me those pesky guineas (who are the bane 0f my existence) are not coming home to roost.

Identifying the starting point in Fenn's TOTC is the BANE OF LINEAR THINKERS EXISTENCE.
A linear thinker must be able to ID a starting point or he just can't get going. There's a sense of deja vu all over again. Now a non-linear thinker knows to search for the starting point.

Found this online; sounds like Bane may have been the source of pain for Scots and others.

Donald Bane, also spelled Donaldbane, or Donalbane, Bane also spelled Ban or Bain (born c. 1033—died after 1097), king of Scotland from November 1093 to May 1094 and from November 1094 to October 1097, son of Duncan I.

Upon the death of his brother Malcolm III Canmore (1093) there was a fierce contest for the crown. Donald Bane besieged Edinburgh Castle, took it, and, with the support of the Celtic Scots and the custom of tanistry (the Celtic system of electing kings or chiefs), he was king nominally for at least six months. He was expelled by Duncan II, son of Malcolm, assisted by English and Normans and some Saxons. Duncan’s reign was equally short, for Donald Bane had his nephew slain and again reigned for three years.

These years saw the last attempt of the Celts to maintain a king of their race and a kingdom governed according to their customs. Edgar the Aetheling, who had newly befriended the Norman king of England, led an army into Scotland, dispossessed Donald Bane, and advanced his nephew Edgar, son of Malcolm III, as sole king of the Scots.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flowers From Hell

Hamlit.jpg

To be, or not to be, — that is the question: —
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? — To die, to sleep, —
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, — 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep; —
To sleep, perchance to dream: — ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would these fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death, —
The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, — puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know naught of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought;
And enterprises of great pith and moment,
With this regard, their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.

Hamlet

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well Been, I have seen the conclusion to the 'poem' neatly put together, but not by me, but by another poster. His logic was great and his conclusion could not have been by accident. I must admit you were on the right track. The 'Poem does not tell the location but lead to another 'puzzle'. Fenn has strung this out for what he hopes is eternal publicity. Frank...- five star.png

Attachments

• Z chest.jpg
    Z chest.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Herring

Red-Herring1.jpg

Well Frankn, to quote that well known former court jester, Donald R. Duck;

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

That linear thinking is a hard habit to break. Is it not? The TOTC game board is just chock full of red herrings. What made you think the CE5 or CES is not just another red herring? I detected the scent of a red herring Frankn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread