Equipment: As important as detector for cache recovery?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
visual cable photo.jpg

I have added this high quality device to my valued gear and am very pleased with its utility. There is a learning curve to interpreting the clear images on the screen and positioning the light/video lens on a specific target; this takes a bit of fun practice. How many times have we wished we could see what is behind a wall/drawers/structure and had no way to do so without destruction of the barrier? The included LED light next to the camera lens (at tip of cable) is excellent.

Wall & Pipe Inspection Camera with 2.4" Color LCD Monitor - Amazon.com
"The Inspection Camera with Color LCD Monitor is perfect for handymen trying to get to and investigate hard-to-reach places. This inspection camera will help solve problems with ease. Its lightweight, handheld design makes searching and identifying issues a snap even in the dark (night vision capability) and in up to one meter of water. The camera comes with three useful accessories (hook, mirror and magnet) and weighs in at a svelte 140 grams. From handymen to housewives this is technology worth having. Unreachable screws are a thing of the past!
Water-proof mini camera with Lighting LEDs"

Last edited:

catfish6425

Greenie
Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wall & Pipe Inspection Camera with 2.4" Color LCD Monitor
by Solar Eclipse
73 customer reviews | 18 answered questions
Price: $89.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
In Stock.
Sold by Prestige Milano and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Want it tomorrow, Feb. 11? Order within 56 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Pattern Name: Inspection Camera
A Flexible 3-foot cable for easy visual inspection in hard-to-reach areas
Comes with hook, mirror, and magnet
Easy to use, lightweight, handhold design
4 bright LED lights at the tip of the camera
4 AA Batteries included Waterproof Camera head (NOT THE WHOLE UNIT)
› See more product details
2 used from $65.00

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Dewalt version - very good too.

nice addition to your kit!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yea, they are just starting to come down in price. I was looking at one at Home Depot, but the cheapest one was at Harbor Freight. Don't remember the price. They are interesting, but I really don't have much use for one. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Harbor freight one works very good. If you buy from harbor freight, make sure you sign up for their sales email newsletter first! They send out 20% off coupons in each one. Another good tool? Check out my post on using a blacklight to find wall pendants. Sometimes old school works out great. Also when you get your coupons, they are always giving out the little LED flashlights free. Tape one of these to a fishing rod or even a straightened coathanger in a pinch & drop it in the hole and use the mechanics mirror on a stick to see in the hole. An extremely useful tool for under $4.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could throw a lot of money at toys. just make sure its one you use. my type of hunt requires a piece of rope, a long walking stick, black tape.....critters will hurt ya here.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the Rigid SeeSnake. I can use up to 6 five foot extensions for a total of 30 feet.

Mike

O

Old Silver

View attachment 942929

I have added this high quality device to my valued gear and am very pleased with its utility. There is a learning curve to interpreting the clear images on the screen and positioning the light/video lens on a specific target; this takes a bit of fun practice. How many times have we wished we could see what is behind a wall/drawers/structure and had no way to do so without destruction of the barrier? The included LED light next to the camera lens (at tip of cable) is excellent.

Wall & Pipe Inspection Camera with 2.4" Color LCD Monitor - Amazon.com
"The Inspection Camera with Color LCD Monitor is perfect for handymen trying to get to and investigate hard-to-reach places. This inspection camera will help solve problems with ease. Its lightweight, handheld design makes searching and identifying issues a snap even in the dark (night vision capability) and in up to one meter of water. The camera comes with three useful accessories (hook, mirror and magnet) and weighs in at a svelte 140 grams. From handymen to housewives this is technology worth having. Unreachable screws are a thing of the past!
Water-proof mini camera with Lighting LEDs"

I have an older version of this, but that one looks like the tool to have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread