Is There any interest??

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was just curious. If i started a business to take people interested in looking for lost treasure in New Mexico is there an interest? i have read most of the stories, been to most of the locations and have searched myself. Are there people interested in doing the same? i would enjoy the opportunity to be with other treasure hunters, but i would also enjoy the opportunity to take people to places we might be able to enjoy the opportunity to look together. Let me know. We could start this spring, April, and run until October. i would be glad to provide lunch and then we could spend the night in a motel or if you are really a treasure hunter I could provide tents.

Let me know what treasure you are looking for and I will determine what we need to make it work, including where we spend the nights. If there is a real interest I will set up a web site.

This opportunity is for treasure legends, caches, deepseeking, panning, or whatever, and what ever you can think of!!! Tell me where you want to go and I will try to devise a plan.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting idea if your Hunters don't show up like this :laughing7:

images.jpg images2.jpg images3.jpg images4.jpg images.jpg vault.jpg imagesf.jpg

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make SURE you have a Liability Waiver, and Liability Insurance (at least $500,000.00) BEFORE you book your first client. This is NO joke. I've been booking treasure hunts since 2007, and if you do not incorporate and protect your personal assets, you are begging to be sued by the first person that sprains an ankle, breaks and arm, cuts their hand on a shovel, gets bit by a snake, or just has a bad day. When you move into charging people for your services you may also be required to have permits or licensure from your state, county, town. If you provide lunch you may need a catering permit from the health department - DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Sorry if I sound like a "Debbie Downer," but the business you are talking about is a HARD one if you don't cover all your bases. Here is my site Arizona gold prospecting, gold prospecting, gold panning

buffalobud

Feb 20, 2012
Taos NM
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug 2 Garrett Infinium Garrett GTI 2500 w/ Eagle Eye Coil Falcon MD 20 Gold Cube Bazooka Sniper Sloice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ran across your proposal. Are you looking for clients or a partner?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was just curious. If i started a business to take people interested in looking for lost treasure in New Mexico is there an interest? i have read most of the stories, been to most of the locations and have searched myself. Are there people interested in doing the same? i would enjoy the opportunity to be with other treasure hunters, but i would also enjoy the opportunity to take people to places we might be able to enjoy the opportunity to look together. Let me know. We could start this spring, April, and run until October. i would be glad to provide lunch and then we could spend the night in a motel or if you are really a treasure hunter I could provide tents.

Let me know what treasure you are looking for and I will determine what we need to make it work, including where we spend the nights. If there is a real interest I will set up a web site.

This opportunity is for treasure legends, caches, deepseeking, panning, or whatever, and what ever you can think of!!! Tell me where you want to go and I will try to devise a plan.

I'm your huckleberry! Let me know if you still want to do some searching in NM!

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Make SURE you have a Liability Waiver, and Liability Insurance (at least $500,000.00) BEFORE you book your first client. This is NO joke. I've been booking treasure hunts since 2007, and if you do not incorporate and protect your personal assets, you are begging to be sued by the first person that sprains an ankle, breaks and arm, cuts their hand on a shovel, gets bit by a snake, or just has a bad day. When you move into charging people for your services you may also be required to have permits or licensure from your state, county, town. If you provide lunch you may need a catering permit from the health department - DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Sorry if I sound like a "Debbie Downer," but the business you are talking about is a HARD one if you don't cover all your bases. Here is my site Arizona gold prospecting, gold prospecting, gold panning

Ecominer, Terry Solomon is 100% correct: Once you print his list, just do yourself a favor and add 3 times that much to it.
dealing with the public can really rip you up and down, BUT, of course it depends on the quality of customers you have. It only takes one sorry rascal to cause trubbbbllleeeee.

O

Old Silver

This might be a problem. I wouldn't think people would want to pay you if you were going to treasure hunt with them.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ecominer, Terry Solomon is 100% correct: Once you print his list, just do yourself a favor and add 3 times that much to it.
dealing with the public can really rip you up and down, BUT, of course it depends on the quality of customers you have. It only takes one sorry rascal to cause trubbbbllleeeee.

That is serious *^&%$!! I work with the public, and you are headed in the right direction for trouble if there is ANY loophole... SOMEONE will find it! You do have a great idea, but it will take a lot of planning and keep your sights on protecting your own #ss...

OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input! You are right about the public and watching your backside. Everyone wants a treasure, whether they work for it or use a lawyer to get it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would anyone "sign up" to be led around by someone else.
And what if all this is up and up... and someone does actually stumble upon something...
Love to see how that works out...
This is a pipe dream...
OR
A scam waiting to happen.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Asking for a lot of problems, need to go big to protect yourself as advised here. Or, hire yourself out as a guide. When your a hired hand your liability is limited and easier to protect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread