Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I call BS.. A US Garand short version bayonet puts the date in the 50s or later. There is no rust that I can see on the pistol (Webley?) or the bayonet, only dirt and he's throwing the box around like it's nothing. I can only guess what that much Gold would actually weigh but I imagine it would be a bit harder than that to lift. So what's the real story ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this video a couple weeks ago. Linked to it was a video of the same guy finding another buried stash of gold and silver coins. The way he was handling the coins isn't the way I would have been handling those coins - throwing them around. At the time I felt it was all fake.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Name on the box is Greswell, finder's name is Greswell, detector is a Greswell. I second the BS call, NH Bandit.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BVI Hunter!! Buen Suerte!! EUREKA!! Must be left over from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's Loot!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Name on the box is Greswell, finder's name is Greswell, detector is a Greswell. I second the BS call, NH Bandit.

i saw it a while back too

yea a promotional vid for his co.
Richard Greswell uploaded a video
STUNNING HEAVY DUTY POWDER COATING PRIME EQUIPMENT
2 days ago86 views
Manufactured by GRESWELL ELECTRONICS SANTIAGO CHILE
Richard Greswell - YouTube
his website, use google translate, sells MDs and powder coating equip.
Pagina nueva 1

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was real he has to much money to MD he throws everything around like its garbage. Also another video he has he finds a colt I think. However he handles it waving it around and he doesn't even see if its loaded! He actually didn't check either guns to see if they were loaded or not. Also dumps coins out into the rusty box. Ugh he annoyed me to watch

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
I saw this on youtube a week or two ago and it is a fake. He states it is fake i hi posting below the video. THe detector and probes are real though....or so he claims.
Looks like he disabled comments. Angry people were posting!

!

zurc

Feb 14, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett ProPointer, Treasure Products 580 PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marketing ploy and it's working...

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem of making fake vids, is the line between fake and real is distorted. If the gold is fake, the gun is fake, the finding of the gold is fake, then most likely, the detector is giving fake signals. Would you buy a detector from someone that has to make fake vids to sell his product?

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem of making fake vids, is the line between fake and real is distorted. If the gold is fake, the gun is fake, the finding of the gold is fake, then most likely, the detector is giving fake signals. Would you buy a detector from someone that has to make fake vids to sell his product?

Box is metal

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Luckier than this one guy

karslake

Greenie
Sep 23, 2006
Hi lads !!! I am the guy who faked that burried treasure with the 5 huge gold bars... Sorry to tell you that it is definately fake..That treasure was made for a local movie clip ( in Chle.. that´s where i am from ) then i fixed it up a little for you tube. In the video it is evident that the treasure is fake because i put my name in the top of the box..then obviolusly it coul not be real... however maybe because the audio is in spanish, lots of english people thought i was trying to push a true video... some acused me of being silly trying to promote my detectors with a hoax... I do make these machines since at least 20 years and sales are steady my business is good . matter fact I´m fully busy with my electronics entreprice.. No big but allows me to live without worries.
The vide became viral and it hit the millon visits in thre months but dozens of people voted no like..and anothe bunch assaulted me with foul language...
Now I learned to ban abusers from the channel so I am thinking in loading the video again...I thing people liked the video... and also learned how a PI detector works.
I am putting here a link to where you can see how I made the gold bars and the coins and the morgan dollars and the spanish doubluns.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=j0n4EJezEPA

Pleas I apologise if some of you got pissed with the video , I trulle encourage detectorists , matter fact I enjoy very much treasure hunting.. Unrecorded I have hudresd of outings and maybe tons of recovered metals in the past 30 years... Cheers Richard

karslake

Greenie
Sep 23, 2006
Hi lads !!! I am the guy who faked that burried treasure with the 5 huge gold bars... Sorry to tell you that it is definately fake..That treasure was made for a local movie clip ( in Chile.. that´s where i am from ) then i fixed it up a little for you tube. In the video it is evident that the treasure is fake because i put my name in the top of the box..then obviolusly it could not be real... however maybe because the audio is in spanish, lots of english people thought i was trying to push a true video... some acused me of being silly trying to promote my detectors with a hoax... I do make these machines since at least 20 years and sales are steady my business is good . matter fact I´m fully busy with my electronics entreprice.. No big big deal but allows me to live without worries.
The video became viral and it hit the millon visits in three months but dozens of people voted no like..and anothe bunch assaulted me with foul language...
Now I learned to ban abusers from the channel so I am thinking in loading the video again...I thing people liked the video... and also learned how a PI detector works.
I am putting here a link to where you can see how I made the gold bars and the coins and the morgan dollars and the spanish doubloons.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=j0n4EJezEPA

Please I apologise if some of you got pissed with the video , I trully encourage detectorists , matter fact I enjoy very much treasure hunting.. Unrecorded I have hundreds of outings and maybe tons of recovered metals in the past 30 years... Cheers Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread