Heres Why You Need To Keep Your Mouth Shut!!

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok --- So Dimmick was the one to count / verify the coins in the bags each night , So each day he takes one coin from a bag, Bags were stored in the mint, Bags were proberly by year , and uncirculated , Coins are found in sequential order in cans , Now Dimmick goes to prison " Does he die in prison? Also who owned the property before these owners , No it is very possible that the resting place where they were found was NOT the original place -------- since somewhere in all these threads in an interview the finders said " They had always noticed a can hanging from a tree , as if to hold flowers , I am sure a can exposed that long would have rusted in over 110 years also the mention a triangle shaped rock pointing to where the cans were discovered maybe had been hidden during FDR time . If we knew the location where they were found the property and who owned it before would be a great clue-------- Great topic

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumor Mill

Rumor-mill.jpg

Maybe one of you men could explain "JACK TROUT" to us.
When "Jack Trout" thinks there MAY BE a connection between the SF Mint missing gold and the Saddle Ridge find, he calls the SF newspaper. What is up with that? Think maybe it did not cross old Jack's mind that if the found gold coins turned out to be government property the Feds. would have an interest in finding out what was going down? Then when it turns out that the Goverment has no claim to the find, old "Jack Trout" says he is just so releived and happy for the finders of the gold coins. “There is no way the government should come in and take these people’s coins. They dug them up, found them, it’s their property, cut and dry,” Trout said. What's up with that?

I find the media driven internet rumor mill fascinating. Everyone just jumps to their default way of thinking about the unknown. Facts don't matter to most, just the opinions they bring to the subject. There was a time when five cents and your opinion only would buy you a cup of coffie.
Those days seem to be long gone for many if not most in more ways than one.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree 1000% That's why they should have NOT SAID A THING -------- The dealer is marketing the stiff like crazy but he will in the end do far better than the people he will only pay tax on his commission minus his expensed ------- In the final end He will profit more overall that the actual finders

Barring all other outcomes that "could" have occurred and all things considered, the thing to do now from this day forward would be to pay all taxes due immediately. Not doing so would be considered a "statement against interest"....
If the Federal government is paid immediately, then it could be argued that it has backed down on it position on the ownership interest and any future claims that it might present would no longer be valid.
The tax bill would leave far more then a finders fee, and at this point might very well be a blessing......

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, the mint denies these coins were stolen from them, and the government has said it has no grounds to confiscate anything. All the hullabaloo here seems based more on people's fears than what the situation actually is...
:coffee2:8-) If the Govt. doesn't take the coins, and they get their part... Even after taxes, and the sellers fees, they should do very well... Better than selling one at a time, or whatever, at what nominal price? Probably not anywhere near what they will be likely to get, with the publicity, if the sale works out ok, when the rich coin collectors get what they want... Then there's the peace of mind, of not being burdened, with worrying about the IRS... I'll be happy for them, if this works out, and they should be in good enough shape, hopefully with the good benefit of peace also...

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feww Publicity Firestorm

firestorm2.jpg

Yes, BUT. What about "Jack Trout"?? The apparent media source of the apparent RUMOR that set off a firestorm of free renewed media driven free publicity about the "Saddle Ridge" gold coins?

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, BUT. What about "Jack Trout"?? The apparent media source of the apparent RUMOR that set off a firestorm of free renewed media driven free publicity about the "Saddle Ridge" gold coins?
:coffee2:8-)So what do you think his motive was? Notoriety? Free Publicity for himself for some reason that he may profit by?

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse De Sign

questions.jpg

Thanks for attempting to help me out Crosse De Sign, but I am looking for answers from the guys who have such strong opinions on the matter at hand. Care to give your opinion on Jack Trout's motive, if you have one? I have enough questions of my own.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
I was under the impression that govt could only tax the gold at current face value and only when sold.
I,m aware of one prospector receiving a 2% net smelter return on is gold mine.Once a month he would receive an armored truck and he would
bury somewhere on his large private estate and the reason was govt couldn't tax gold if unsold. I my wrong!!!!

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
I was under the impression that govt could only tax the gold at current face value and only when sold.
I,m aware of one prospector receiving a 2% net smelter return on is gold mine.Once a month he would receive an armored truck and he would
bury somewhere on his large private estate and the reason was govt couldn't tax gold if unsold. I my wrong!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions