Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do I find these are they online?

I think if you just searched around on the internet in your area, you should be able to find something.

Have you ever looked at Historical Aerials website? It only goes back to the 20's on the Topo maps, but it may be helpful in the future

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at your property using google earth.It is easier seeing old trails from a height which you cant make out standing on the ground.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never understood the double seater. Who was it that you were suppose to be comfortable setting next to? The wife.....the kids....a friend that dropped by? Wow!

Double-seaters aren't for the company - fun as that might be - but just to make the outhouse hole last longer before you have to move the outhouse. Doesn't take much more work for a two-seater; handles twice the waste.

westKYdigger

Greenie
May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the other threads in the bottle collecting area. A lot of experienced diggers & good advise. If you are in a rural area, look along creeks & ravines for the home dump sites. For farms & plantations, it was easier to haul off un-burnable trash than to dump it in the privy. Urban areas did not have that choice.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking to see if there's any Sanborn maps for your area. If you have a fairly good library or historical society close they can usually point you to them. If they're available they're an excellent tool. Try googling it you might luck out & find a free source.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Never understood the double seater. Who was it that you were suppose to be comfortable setting next to? The wife.....the kids....a friend that dropped by? Wow!

I was just a little thing then. My Uncles were making sure I didn't fall in...

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually live at a place right now that had a 3 hole (one stander) by the shed and a 2 hole back of the barn until the 70's when we put in plumbing :)

Pre 1900 place.

Doesn't matter who else is there when the urge strikes. Get over the idea that RECENT conveniences of the first world have retroactively transformed all of mankind. Consider the rest of the world, who vastly outnumber you. Besides what do you do when up a mountain?

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
You got a point I declare a solved thread! I can't declare a dead thread but please let this thread die out thx
Happy Holidays

Jolteon

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

The few I've known about or seen were more often 2-holers. For kids, probably. Or an emergency sitter. ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions