I need a 2 box unit to go find the davis mountain treasure

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
fatpothead:
Yeah!
Where are you?? ???
I, presently have Two, Two Box Detectors!
And! I have lots of time? 8), equipment? :P, experience ? ::) and Etc.. which to search with!
I know of Three (3), :o? Davis Mnt(s) Treasures.
Two in Ariz!
And One in Texas!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I have a Garrett 2 box and not that impressed with it. I set up a Minelab SD2100 with a IJ 12V Mod and a 25" nuggetfinder mono coil. Now there is a deep seeking unit that does work!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Captbill

I just set the minelab up for a gold bar hunt and will keep you posted. I have friends using this set up and they find items as small as a horseshoe at 5 to 6 ft. That is without the Ismael Jones mod. I like it over a 2 box because you get the V mono coil signal into the ground. With the IJ mod you can adjust the voltage to the unit from 6 to 8.5 volt for more depth and it has a built in signal enhancer. I found the larger coil likes more voltage. I attached a photo. The 25" nuggetfinder is one big coil. Ismael Jones site is at http://www.sakina.com Read some of the forum posts. You also need to add a full fiberglass shaft. I use this on a SD2100 with a heavy bungie. Larger coils than 25" can be used with a sled.

Attachments

• enhancer.jpg
    enhancer.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 599
N

Noble Metal

Dear fatpothead, I would fully suggest you follow the last post, or a PI unit with one meter loop for alittle less money, but please from experiance for anything important that is buried alittle deeper you can completely forget about any two box unit; and the above post is something to check into. and friends, Noble Metal.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Fatpothead.
I have had a Garrett 2 box Grand Master and didn't like it. so if you are looking to get one it sounds like Captbill knows what he is talking about.

I only have a Fisher CZ 70 with an 8 and 12 in. coil now but if that would help and the trip sounds good I might be ready to roll 8)

most of the lost treasures I know of in the Texas Davis Mts. are in Big Bend and thats a no way to get to hunt.

Red

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
sgtfda:
::)? The reason I asked the questions,? ???
? :o? You hear so many, "it really is a great Machine"? ::)? or? "It really goes deep"!? ?:P
But!? ?:)? Never hear any figures ? ?>:(? to go with the Tests!
With your results, everyone has an idea? ?8)? ?of what and how deep that you and your machine, were able to go!
Thanks!
If you find more gold bars than you can carry!
Hey! I have a 4x4 and attached equipment trailer!
Plenty of room!? ::)
LOL!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
? ? ? ?RED! ?
It sounds as tho you live or are in West Texas ?
? ?Let me know soon... :P
I have a very unusual cache out your way !
? AND! ?
If it is there, and for real!.
I heard about this from an old timer? :o? who was actually there!
It is in a place that is easy to get to!
? ?:P? I may need some help?? ?:P
If you're interested..
Contact me at my private message (PM) address!

N

Noble Metal

Yes, and when you do it, leave the two box units at home :) ...

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
One problem with the 2 box is all the detector metal between the detector coil plates. It does have a effect on the 2 box. The larger the coils the bigger the effect. This will cut down on your depth. One reason I placed a fiberglass shaft on the 2100. This is one reason a 2 box will only pick up large objects.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I don't understand what is wrong with 2 box detectors? I am looking to buy one more.

I have used one for several years. My targets are usually recovered in 3-6 feet down. Although I look for small caches. I have recovered junk as deep as 12 feet.

True my targets are not rooms filled with goldbars under 30 feet of mountain ,but it does well for cache hunting.

West Texas does have many areas with caches.

Ericwt

Kelley (Texas)

Jul 12, 2003
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher 1225X
Eric, like you, I have had no problem using a two box unit.? I have used a Discovery Electronics 900 for several years with good results.? I see nothing wrong with using a two box unit.? Tejaswrangler :)

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
I never really got to the right places to really put my Garrett GMH II with the 2 box unit on it through the right paces and might have liked it more if I had.

I do hope to get the chance to try a 2 box unit again in the right situation.

Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread