$20M gold cache ******
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: $20M gold cache ******

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2989 times

$20M gold cache ******

OK put your thinking cap on. get out the maps and see if we can narrow this down.

Some of us dream of finding a large nugget or a piece of quartz lased with gold, I am one of them, but I also dream of finding a gig cache of gold.
    Here's the condensed version of a $20 Million Gold Cache.
    In 1933 the US Gov. outlawed the private ownership of gold. A Mexican Citizen attempted to sell to the US Gov. $20M in gold cached in NW New Mexico.
    The deal was turned down. The last attempt at a deal was 1952. It was turned down. Oh yes, the Gov. tried to find it, but failed. Here's the info they used to hunt for it. 16 flights of a small plane were required to move the gold. The plane landed at a 7,000' mesa between the landmarks described.
    -the Ute Mountain Indian to the east, the Navajo Indian Reservation, Kirkland and Shiprock Peak to the south. The burial site is described as being 2 to3 miles from the landing site.
    Now some questions: How long would the runway have to be to land a heavily laden small plane.
    : How big would this Mesa be if the cache was buried 2 to 3 miles from the landing spot.
    Note: I suspect the cache was buried closer to the landing site. There were no vehicles on the Mesa and gold is heavy
    also no labor was available.
    Anyone know this area? Frank...- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y gold bars.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	1029777
    Last edited by Frankn; Jul 28, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
    embrym likes this.

us
    Mark

Jun 2014
    NE Ohio
    Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The only way I can get your landmarks to line up correctly, would be to turn the map 90 degrees CCW. Meaning, now North would be West.

us
    Jun 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    Bounty Hunter Lone Star, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher Gemini-3
    79 times
    Native American artifact hunting & metal detecting
    This is the Leon Trabuca gold. There is a story on it in the Treasure Legends forum.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod Buster View Post
    The only way I can get your landmarks to line up correctly, would be to turn the map 90 degrees CCW. Meaning, now North would be West.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 06-1 Yellowstone 054-1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	613.0 KB 
ID:	1029784I picture it as looking like an oversize Devil's Tower. Is there a 7K' mesa in there? Frank...-

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone View Post
    This is the Leon Trabuca gold. There is a story on it in the Treasure Legends forum.
    I didn't see it in there, but I didn't hit all 11 pages either.
    This story is documented, not really a legend. My source lists 5 prominent citicens, one who was a mine owner, one a banker, 2 millionaire cattle ranchers,and an economics advisor in the Mexican Gov. of that time. They all are dead now.

I thought maybe if we got enough brain power together, maybe it could be cracked. Hay, it gets you closer than Fenn does! lol. Frank...-

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	1029788

us
    Jun 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    79 times
    Frank, it is under the title 17 Tons of Gold. Very interesting read.

us
    Jun 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    79 times
    Sorry, it is under 17 Tons of Gold in New Mexico.

th
    Nov 2010
    Thailand/Europe/California
    Excalibur 2 1000
    239 times
    So, how would they haul 17 tons of gold, 2 miles from the plane, if they had no transportation? Why not just bury it where they landed?

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1975 times
    Shipwrecks
    Frankn if you read the 17 tons of gold thread you will see that they did not land on the mesa. They also had a truck to transport the gold. A broken fender was found on the trail that came from this truck. The consensus is that the gold is now gone. F. Lee Bailey was one of the lawyers that tried to negotiate a deal with the govt. The gold was moved from the original hiding spot 2-3 miles from the landing zone. Many have searched for this cache. Many have failed. Also, it's on Indian owned land. Good luck!

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    Well, I read the 17 ton story. The one I read is slightly different. In it they landed on a 7K' mesa elevation and stashed it on top. The negotiations with the Gov. are the same. Maybe the Gov. got it like Noss's find. They have the technology to get it with the GPR sats and IR sats. Frank...-

Name:	111-2 700 head of old man.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	1029984

Dec 2006
    2695 times
    frankn im game, to start the research here is a topo map of the shiprock area, i think it was done in the 50s,60s
    This page contains links to all of the USGS DRG Topographic map TIFF image files for the state of New Mexico. If you are on a slow link go to this page for compressed maps.
    New Mexico USGS DRG Topographic Map Index

Dec 2006
    2695 times
    i remember reading about that gold 1 time, and i thought i read something about leon had bought
    an old sheep camp, but i might not be remembering that right, ill look around

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    932 times
    Hi Frankn,

This is a really good story, I read it years ago and there is enough out there to convince me that it really happened. Someone was there and found a part(generator I think) that probably came off of the truck....along with the fender. It means someone left some physical evidence to the story....there are also people who can tell you exactly where the workers stayed(old houses/shelters) that they stayed in while they did the unloading...I'm all for putting our heads together for this one....like someone said its more likely to find than Fen's!
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    frankn im game, to start the research here is a topo map of the shiprock area, i think it was done in the 50s,60s
    This page contains links to all of the USGS DRG Topographic map TIFF image files for the state of New Mexico. If you are on a slow link go to this page for compressed maps.
    New Mexico USGS DRG Topographic Map Index
    Well, I just spent an hour on that topo and can not find a 7000' mesa in the described area. That is rough territory. Frank...-Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	1031016

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    14567 times
    Metal Detecting
    sheesh I would have taken it to a country that allowed gold ownership
    lastleg and Frankn like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links