local cache stories

captn cupcake

Apr 10, 2005
minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 250
A couple I'll be wasting some time on this summer.

my neighbors sister in law killed herself in my garage (before i owned) before she offed herself she cleaned out her bank account of 60,000. It was never recovered or found according to them. They seem to think it's somewhere on the property. problem for me is making the yard look like swiss cheese as her husband was a backyard mechanic and there are nuts bolts and crap everywhere.

the other one i just found out was a local dope dealer who is now up the river for a while supposedly has a stash of 150,000 buried in a vast area of woods near his old house. this story i heard from his neighbor that i work with.

So Ive got a pretty busy summer of fantasy and cash LOL

Darrin

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Darren, Welcome to the Net! WOW! That 1st Cache sounds VERY interesting! The Drug Cache is a different story! I turned down hunting for a supposed $750K in Drug Money. Those People play for keeps! Let us know with Pics how you do!

HH Joe

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
hmmmmm.......takes 60k out of bank and then shoots herself.....?......who disappeared the same time she did.......seems a little funky to me......But .......if she did shoot herself.....think like a woman on the hiding places......We arent going to dig huge holes....we are going to hide it in a convenient to get place that isnt noticable to others and more than likely indoors or close.Where is her car? Alot of women hide things in their cars when they are thinking of escaping....because then they have it with them.....

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 60K is an interesting (although somewhat morbid) one. I think you need more info as to the "why" part of the story though.
If she was suffering from a mental illness, then I would guess it could be just about anywhere including burned.
If she was dealing with depression, then I would say it goes one of two ways: 1 she put the money someplace to either redeem herself (church donation, to the poor, to a shelter) or 2 she put the money someplace where it would serve some goal (like into a trust fund for a child).
If she was bitter and took the money with the intention off keeping it away from the family...well then I would guess all of the above applies but I think she would have made it hard to find out.

OP
OP
captn cupcake

captn cupcake

Apr 10, 2005
minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 250
first she did not shoot herself started the car and went to sleep. tomato- tomato. husband cheating on her. no kids, donation possible. but i work with her brother in law and we are next door neighbors they don't believe she donated it. now in the house is interesting as there has been alot of paneling put up on different walls so if the ex was looking for it he either found it or ??

still isn't that cache hunting is about rumors and legends it's all good as long as it doesn't consume you.

Darrin

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
to understand why someone would withdraw a large sum of money and then commit suicide, just look at the relationship she had with her husband and you'll understand why she did what she did. She knew she wouldn't be taking it with her, but....

OP
OP
captn cupcake

captn cupcake

Apr 10, 2005
minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 250
in talking to chuck today he told me they didn't believe in banks and the money was in a house safe, that she cleaned out. after kicking him out. and for at least 2 months she was walking around with this money in a bag in her purse. when at the morgue all her husband wanted to know was where her purse was and the keys to the car. evidently it was never found.

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
Not sure why this one bothers me so >:(

My thought from what was written. . husband cheating, no children, lonely, devasted, decides it is better to be dead then alive :'(. . she could have donated the money but if the husband had found out he may have tried to fight it. . so personally if it was me I would destroy the money rather then let him have it

Just my thought

Bogart >:(

Rubicon

Feb 9, 2007
Northeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Pro
What about the rest of her family? She could have put it in a box and shipped it to her Mother, sister, brother etc. I would have given it to anyone so I knew where it went before I went... :P

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Having worked in the mental health field the last few years, I would say that 'most' people who actually do the deed and end their life successfully don't do so with a huge theatrical-like plan in mind (my opinion only - from personal experiences). Sure, some do. But, I'm thinking it isn't a huge majority. No doubt she took the money out to keep it from her husband, I think that is a given. Kind of like a parting shot for his torment of her (by cheating on her I mean). Hard to tell what she did with it. Why hide it if she didn't want anyone to have it? Very hard to tell what her frame of mind was when she did the deed too. She might have just thrown it from her car on the way home from the bank or maybe threw it in a river. Again, from my perspective, those that are truly intent on killing themselves (and are successful) do so on the spur-of-the-moment and don't have a grand plan in mind. I can't back any of this up with studies or anything like that. This is just my personal opinion from people and incidents I've witnessed. I think most telling of all would be a note if she wrote one. Just knowing what her frame of mind was at the end would be the most telling of all. At least that can be interpreted to some extent. If there was a note, find a friend that is familiar with psychology give you his or her take.

Regardless, I say LOOK for it! It's better than sitting around playing Nintendo game cube or whatever people do these days in front of the TV.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
captn cupcake said:
A couple I'll be wasting some time on this summer.

my neighbors sister in law killed herself in my garage (before i owned) before she offed herself she cleaned out her bank account of 60,000. It was never recovered or found according to them. They seem to think it's somewhere on the property. problem for me is making the yard look like swiss cheese as her husband was a backyard mechanic and there are nuts bolts and crap everywhere.

the other one i just found out was a local dope dealer who is now up the river for a while supposedly has a stash of 150,000 buried in a vast area of woods near his old house. this story i heard from his neighbor that i work with.

So Ive got a pretty busy summer of fantasy and cash LOL

Darrin

Stay completely away from the possible drug cache. You can bet the general area is being watched by the dealers friends or even his enemies. If you go snooping around there, they'll know. With all of the "safe" caches in the world, drug money is too tainted--in more ways than one.

Just my never humble opinion.

T

TreasureTales

If she didn't mail it to her relatives, she sure as heck didn't give it to charity, unless she hated all of her sisters, brothers, parents, nieces, nephews, etc. Just my personal opinion.

If I were her and took out the money to hurt the husband, I'd burn it and send him a photo of the cash while it's on fire. That is, if I then intended to kill myself. If I didn't intend to kill myself, I'd hide the money somewhere that would be fairly easy to get to, but not somewhere he'd look. Then once I got really depressed and/or hurt and decided to kill myself, I might have given no more thought to the cash. So, the bottom line is I'd look in the attic, basement, and in the kitchen. I'd only look in the attic or basement if they are easy to access - she wouldn't want to climb through a crawl space most likely. And a kitchen is where a woman usually feels it's her space. Check for false backs in cabinets, or drawers that don't close completely. Also, I'd look in the linen closet and the other closets. Someplace a woman would be more familiar with than a man. She hates her husband, remember, so I'd look where he would be less likely to look. Just my personal views, of course, and this is indeed a sad story - I almost feel like a vulture. NAH!!! She made the decision, not me.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about drugs, you can easily blow $60,000 on drugs. Lots of people who do drugs kill themselves. Just a thought. Find a more happy treasure ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!!

B

bigbtyjudy

Hi, I'm new and usually don't join or reply to forums but this thread was just too interesting to pass up. So here is my two cents worth on this topic. On average most, not all but most, women when scorned are very vindictive we are very much like snakes very cold and calculating, laying in wait for a chance to strike and kill our prey. We gather information about our mates strengths and weakness so we can exploit them when needed. Okay possible outcomes about the missing money:

1. Money was never in the purse, purse is just a red herring. Money was burned, most likely the day she withdrew it from the bank, before she killed herself. Think about it she would know that her husband could overpower her at any time and take to purse thus having the money. So by destroying the money, carrying the purse around for a few months, then get rid of the purse before she kill herself is the perfect revenge. This will keep the husband wondering, stewing and looking for the purse with the missing money for the rest of his life.

2. Money is hidden in plain sight of the husband. Most likely in an object that he would want after she's dead. She would expect him to tear up the house, yard, garage etc. looking for the money. But what would be the chances of him taking apart a TV, lamp, or other type of electronic to look for the money. Again this is another perfect revenge husband packs up the stuff he wants after she's dead and unknowingly takes the money with him never to find it possibly donating it to a value village or putting it in the trash, that would make me giggle as I slipped into the great beyond. For example: she had plently of time to break the money into small chunks taking the back off the TV or other type of item and taping the money inside. You might want to check some of the appliances left with the house or under the carpets laid out in neat rows. Husband would not expect the wife to lift the carpet lay the money out and retack the carpet to the floor.

3. She could have hidden the money along the route she walked or places she went before she died.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah ---maybe she thought no one loves me --so none of them deserve to "get" any of my money when I die--- so I'll do --- with it? sadly burning is one very real possiblity then "leaving" fake cules about hiding it ----in hopes of "tormenting" them for the rest of their lives as they search for it----that'll show them.(exactly the kind of nasty "head" games a woman would play on folks she wanted to hurt even after she was long gone)---that way she can torment the whole family for many many years and even their offspring as the "tale" is passed down thus keeping her "memory" alive for a long,long time (wickedly evil fun using their own greed against them like that)-----just because she went wacko --- doesn't mean she can't be mean and spiteful too--- matter of fact they often go hand in hand together.---- trying to figger out the workings of a madman's or madwomen's mind is tough job ---trying to "think" like them in hopes of finding a clue to the treasure can be scary ---just how deep into their mind can you sink and not be tainted by their darkness? ---but the chance of a cash cache is also a very real chance also---so think carefully and "outside" the box somewhat.---Ivan

maverick4440

Mar 20, 2003
NW Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something else to be considered,
We had an elderly widow pass away from a heart attack in our town.
After her body was removed and the family became involved they realized her deceased husbands gold coin collection valued at approximately $20,000.00 was missing.
The police investigated and found that one of it's officers had been selling gold coins to dealers in a several hundred mile radius.
You have to fill out form when selling over a certain cash amount of gold and his name was on the forms.
He was also the first officer to respond to the call for a possible fatality at the house where the woman died.
They fired him as opposed to prosecuting him.
If he was just your average joe he would be in prison but that's kind of beside the point.
As much as You hate to think it law enforcement officers are not above temptation.
Finding $60,000,00 in cash on a dead body might be a bit too tempting to even an ordinarily honest cop or EMT.
Particularly if the husband was still looking for the purse after her death.
I'm not saying that is what happened, It's just another possibility.
I wouldn't give up the search but you have to look at it from all angles.

Cactus_Cache

May 6, 2007
gypsyheart said:
hmmmmm.......takes 60k out of bank and then shoots herself.....?......who disappeared the same time she did.......seems a little funky to me......But .......if she did shoot herself.....think like a woman on the hiding places......We arent going to dig huge holes....we are going to hide it in a convenient to get place that isnt noticable to others and more than likely indoors or close.Where is her car? Alot of women hide things in their cars when they are thinking of escaping....because then they have it with them.....

She might have hid the loot in the walls of the house too. Or maybe she hid it in her cell phone? ;D

Seriously, I think I would look into her personal life and find out who her friends were. You might stumble onto something there.

Cactus_Cache

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread