CACHE HUNTING TIP****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Cache hunting is all reading and then thinking about it.
Here's an example.
This was a word of mouth cache hunt. Some elderly person that I was talking to told me about this old widow that had plenty of jewelry and money that had just passed away. The children had torn the old house apart and could find none. I was thinking ,well, the old lady probably didn't go out and bury it. The person then happened to mention that the old lady had a prize winning garden. Something clicked in my head. Perhaps she did bury it. I went over there the day before they were going to tear down the house and ran the detector over the remains of that garden. I found a little metal jewel box that bought me my Benelle shotgun in a swap at the gun & pawn shop. Just one of my adventures. Frank...- five star.png

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's always interesting to discover where people hid items of importance to them. The more we listen and seriously think about a persons life and how they lived can often times lead to a discovery.

O

Old Silver

Yes, it pays to keep your ears open and your thinking cap on. It takes the mind of a cache hunter.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache hunting is all reading and then thinking about it.
Here's an example.
This was a word of mouth cache hunt. Some elderly person that I was talking to told me about this old widow that had plenty of jewelry and money that had just passed away. The children had torn the old house apart and could find none. I was thinking ,well, the old lady probably didn't go out and bury it. The person then happened to mention that the old lady had a prize winning garden. Something clicked in my head. Perhaps she did bury it. I went over there the day before they were going to tear down the house and ran the detector over the remains of that garden. I found a little metal jewel box that bought me my Benelle shotgun in a swap at the gun & pawn shop. Just one of my adventures. Frank...- View attachment 1038521
Excellent job putting the puzzle pieces together!! Looks like you learned to put your mind in their mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread