Im hunting a cache of rocks.

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm hunting a cache of rocks.

My grandfather found some rocks and hid them on his property. He doesn't want anyone to find them. He will talk when holes start appearing on his lawn. :laughing7:

Not just any ordinary rocks. Here's a drawing of how one may look like.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Did Grandpa make those or are they his collection? I'd bet if someone down the road finds them it might start a movement. Do you know what they mean or do they mean anything? Looks like the Rosetta Stone.

OP
OP
Reiska

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure about what they are. Could be molds for jewelry etc. If so, They probably date between 800-1000AD.

O

Old Silver

I'm not sure about what they are. Could be molds for jewelry etc. If so, They probably date between 800-1000AD.

Did he give any indication as to why he buried them? Seems strange, unless they have some sort of meaning.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and you think it looks like that why?

OP
OP
Reiska

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and you think it looks like that why?

Many older people around seem to know about them. This was closest to their descriptions. Their stories differ quite a bit though.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless the rocks have metal in them, you will need a metal probe rod and it will be a slow search. If you know anyone with gpr you may be able to seen moved dirt. I believe OKM has a few that would do the job. Your stones could be very valuable, and establish a new connection to our past. But the picture you showed was from a published book. Before you start digging up gramps yard, I would consider a non evasive way to locate the stones. Good luck.

OP
OP
Reiska

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why make a post like this and then not answer questions? That's rude.

My apologies, i answered the other post and completely forgot about yours.

The reason why he hid them is that the museum wouldn't get to know about them. Farmland is quite useless if it can't be touched.

Casca said:
Before you start digging up gramps yard, I would consider a non evasive way to locate the stones. Good luck.

Thanks. It will be hard if not impossible to locate them if he doesn't give any location.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions