Forest Fenn and his treasure start on Canyon road near art gallery.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you again everyone. Have seat please.
Ask your self this if you will please.
1) Self, do I believe that f. Finn physically took a treasure chest as he describes and secreted
that chest filled with physical items (as described by Fenn) in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa
Fe, NM?
2) What are the odds of that in your opinion?
3) Is that just theory?
4) How important to you is your belief in that, and why?

The concept I am touching on now folks is the theory of "Cognitive Dissonance",
and, in my judgement, it is the "Smoke and Mirrors" used to manipulate groups of people or
individuals as well as the means by which individuals manipulate (thru their thinking) themselves.
Some of the things that are very important to us...and positive/ empowering to us are unprovable,
thus they ARE OPINIONS/ BELIEFS.
Those types of things require FAITH.......I am not judging religion here fellows.
I am talking more about ...faith in your self....faith in that a good idea to you will
succeed....faith in family ,faith in friends, faith in human nature, etc. And in the chase
before you, faith that you fully understand what the hay f. Fenn is up to with his Thrill.
THINK ABOUT PLEASE.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are
afraid of the light."
Quote: Plato

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beentheredonethat, cease with the Frankn/Eldo comments now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT2, stay on topic...

Loner

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched hot and heavy for the treasure up until about 1.5 years ago. I made a total of 7 trips, most of them many miles away from my home.

Six of those searches were to the very same wrong location in Utah, I really believed it was the right location. Then he announced it was not in Utah. Not daunted by this, and still believing the treasure exists I looked elsewhere. One more very long trip to another state yielded what I believed to be very good results. Upon my return home I emailed Forrest with my ideas and a proposal, I was very excited.

Forrest must be a very busy man, I was hoping for a simple yes or no, but got no replies. Not wanting to press him or impose on his busy life, I just shelved the idea in the back of my mind.

Sometime around the first of this year I landed on this site, and have been trying to digest all the FF treasure trove information since. This site has given me new hope and inspiration. I believe that treasure is out there somewhere and I hope someone, someday finds it just to prove all them naysayers they are wrong. I THINK Forrest is a lot smarter and craftier than most people THINK. Also I believe he is telling the truth about the treasure or I would not have spent so much time and energy looking.

Working full time, and around 400 hours of OT a year doesn't give me much time for my orchard or my beekeeping, but I have already got some new insights and ideas from this trove, and I have renewed interest and hope on my next journey and search. KEEP LOOKING, ITS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LONER

Thanks for sharing Loner, and welcome to Tnet. By the way Loner, do you know what the topic of this thread is? I recently returned from a trip thru a wormhole and my have landed on wrong thread.

Loner

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand, and I am seated.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT2, stay on topic...

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us try this and see if it has wings.

Consider this:
Some of you may recall that f. Fenn has suggested that ttotc searchers maybe should get a child's
opinion on the poem map. Well, as I see it, a young child (say 9 or 10 years old) is less likely to have as many fixed opinions and beliefs as an adult. Therefore the child would be more open minded about options. Remember, indecision leads to flexibility. Flexability leads to thinking outside the box. Flexability leads to imagination. Fixed opinions and beliefs lead to limited and fixed thinking regarding anything new/different that is in conflict with the fixed opinions or beliefs of an individual thinker. "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

Loner

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five different people are required.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thor willing, this too shall pass. Loner, consider this. You come off like a Canadian Goose

being sucked into a jet airplane engine at 15,000 feet. Tell me about it, Loner.

Loner

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got to know when to hold em
Know when to fold em
Know when to walk away

Loner

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the tone of your post, is it time for me to walk away and fold them forever?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thor willing, this too shall pass. Loner, consider this. You come off like a Canadian Goose

being sucked into a jet airplane engine at 15,000 feet. Tell me about it, Loner.
BTDT2 End the mocking and talking down to Loner and all other members now.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the tone of your post, is it time for me to walk away and fold them forever?

That Loner is your choice and your choice alone. You are neither are reqired by anyone but yourself

to read or reply to my posts. Check with yourself Loner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread