Forest Fenn and his treasure start on Canyon road near art gallery.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I smell a movie coming up, quick get Harrison Ford on the phone. Indiana Jones , The Hunt For Forest Fenns Treasure. By the way, I find it funny that Forest was a poet with books and art for sale, what a great publicity stunt he pulled off. I think in most treasue legends there is a motive by claiming a treasure is lost to draw attention for a profit.
He's already said he wants to be remembered. No big secret.

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know most people start the clues at the 2nd stanza but I believe you have to have somehting from the first stanza before you get to the rest of the poem. Has anyone else found this?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a doubter, but if Forest did leave clues he wants people to follow, do you know if he was a Geo-Cacher. Puzzle Caches are routine in Geo-Caching, you take letters decode them to numbers, do math and get numbers to come up with GPS cordinates. It is not always the first place found, they have multi Caches that have many stages that keep getting you closer. Just a thought it would be a modern way of hiding a cache with no maps needed. If he was a Geo-Cacher and you knew his Caching name his Geo-Trail would be on the website if it was on the public setting giving you an idea where he traveled.

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have gone alone in there ~ where? The location of the treasure? NO he went alone somewhere else can you figure it out?
And with my treasures bold ~ what treasures? The ones in the chest? NO do you know why treasures is bold?

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have gone alone in there ~ where? The location of the treasure? NO he went alone somewhere else can you figure it out?
And with my treasures bold ~ what treasures? The ones in the chest? NO do you know why treasures is bold?

My instincts tells me that Fenn appears to be preparing “to make a stand". No place for the meek.
Hide the women and children.

The word 'belief' is a difficult thing for me. I don't believe. I must have a reason for a certain
hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it - I don't need to believe it.
Carl Jung

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a doubter, but if Forest did leave clues he wants people to follow, do you know if he was a Geo-Cacher. Puzzle Caches are routine in Geo-Caching, you take letters decode them to numbers, do math and get numbers to come up with GPS cordinates. It is not always the first place found, they have multi Caches that have many stages that keep getting you closer. Just a thought it would be a modern way of hiding a cache with no maps needed. If he was a Geo-Cacher and you knew his Caching name his Geo-Trail would be on the website if it was on the public setting giving you an idea where he traveled.
He is not a geocacher. Applying GPS coordinates to letters in the poem is greatly over thinking it.

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think no one has found this chest in over 4 years? Lots of smart people working on it right? Could it be because they are getting the first stanza wrong? They are reading it other than the way it was intended?

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold
I can keep my secret where
And hint of riches new and old

Where is the secret? Where has he gone alone? Think about this stanza differently.
If Stephen King wrote this poem where would you think he goes alone? Where would Stephen King keep a secret?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wondered if he was a Geo-Cacher, using letters in puzzle caches to get numbers is standard practice in the Geo-Cache game. A matter of fact I will have my wife decode it, she has a few thousand caches found, and we have went to a few puzzle workshops. I should not have gave up my geo- puzzle tip, even though I am a doubter, he was suppose to be sick, I have no idea where he came up with the energy to hide it well. If her geo puzzle decoding comes up with Forest Fenns area of the supposed hidden cache on the first try, I will be on the first plane to go get it.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wondered if he was a Geo-Cacher, using letters in puzzle caches to get numbers is standard practice in the Geo-Cache game. A matter of fact I will have my wife decode it, she has a few thousand caches found, and we have went to a few puzzle workshops. I should not have gave up my geo- puzzle tip, even though I am a doubter, he was suppose to be sick, I have no idea where he came up with the energy to hide it well. If her geo puzzle decoding comes up with Forest Fenns area of the supposed hidden cache on the first try, I will be on the first plane to go get it.
ok. But forrest has said its not that complicated. Just follow the clues in order.

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly follow the clues in order and searchers are not doing that they are jumping to where warm waters halt. You have to figure out the first stanza in order to understand where warm waters halt. Again I will ask where is it that FF has gone alone and where is it he has a secret? Not the treasure location....

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think no one has found this chest in over 4 years? Lots of smart people working on it right? Could it be because they are getting the first stanza wrong? They are reading it other than the way it was intended?

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold
I can keep my secret where
And hint of riches new and old

Where is the secret? Where has he gone alone? Think about this stanza differently.
If Stephen King wrote this poem where would you think he goes alone? Where would Stephen King keep a secret?

It might help if you were to read more posts here on TN for possible answers to your questions.
For starters, Stephen King did not design this TOTC game. A man named Fenn did that.
Thanks

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help but im well aware who created this hunt Ive worked on it over 3 years. You like all the other majority of searchers are missing the point.

The Stephen King reference was to help you understand what im telling you hence the IF at the beginning of the sentence.

It's in the first stanza you just have to be able to recognize it. Oh and btw im not looking for any answers I'm asking this community the questions to see if you can figure them out. I already have them.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help but im well aware who created this hunt Ive worked on it over 3 years. You like all the other majority of searchers are missing the point.

The Stephen King reference was to help you understand what im telling you hence the IF at the beginning of the sentence.

It's in the first stanza you just have to be able to recognize it. Oh and btw im not looking for any answers I'm asking this community the questions to see if you can figure them out. I already have them.

Thanks Msc777
When you find the time you could take a look at this TNet thread and maybe we could compare notes.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cache-hunting/372006-forrest-trees.html

Last edited:

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ive read it been a lurker for a while now. All im saying is people miss the point of the first stanza. The point is to find the word that is key and to do that you have to understand what "As I have gone alone in there" means. Forrest was alone when he did what?

(BTW this isn't a I know where the chest is thread because I dont.)

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ive read it been a lurker for a while now. All im saying is people miss the point of the first stanza. The point is to find the word that is key and to do that you have to understand what "As I have gone alone in there" means. Forrest was alone when he did what?

(BTW this isn't a I know where the chest is thread because I dont.)

Understood mdc777. A man has to do what a man has to do. And I know you will. But remember this. Fenn is a know trickster/joker/ kyoti, The quote from Fenn is: “Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key.” Fenn did not say beyond any question that the" key" word was in the poem, But the word key is used elsewhere in the TOTC book.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help but im well aware who created this hunt Ive worked on it over 3 years. You like all the other majority of searchers are missing the point. The Stephen King reference was to help you understand what im telling you hence the IF at the beginning of the sentence. It's in the first stanza you just have to be able to recognize it. Oh and btw im not looking for any answers I'm asking this community the questions to see if you can figure them out. I already have them.
Very confident.

Last edited:

mdc777

Aug 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all got our opinions and i'm not saying I know where the treasure is but I do know the word that is key. He spells it out in the first stanza.

You have to read the poem in a different way.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all got our opinions and i'm not saying I know where the treasure is but I do know the word that is key. He spells it out in the first stanza.
You have to read the poem in a different way.

I call upon my old sparring partner Frankn.
==============
So then msc777. Do you think you are in a game of One-Eyed Jacks (aka One=Eyed Royals) ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread