Forest Fenn and his treasure start on Canyon road near art gallery.

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone looked into Canyon Road and the art galleries around there. Forrest has a friend who owns an art gallery on that road and it seems many of the artists and paintings in this gallery have meanings in his poem or at the very least have a familiar tone about them. And I also noticed that I have been blocked when looking for maps of an area near there. Maybe be nothing but ya never know. Maybe just one of those things and maybe not. Check out the names along Canyon Road and the art galleries and see for yourself. I am only throwing an idea out there. I have not invested a lot of time in Forrest and only know about the galleries through a friend who noticed it while visiting them himself. And I think it would be all but impossible to figure out his poem if it was based on local art in local galleries unless you explored them all. It wouldn't surprise me it the poem was a painting with everything Forrest described in it. And the painting itself gave the location away. Just a thought. Next time your in an are gallery be sure to look down when your looking at that painting and make sure it's not resting on a treasure chest of sorts.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a whole 20 minutes on the Fenn puzzle and kept coming back to one point. I suspect the Reservoir north and east of Sante Fe is the spot. Anyone else have a idea they gonna share. Im not going after it, good luck to those who do.

OP
OP
A

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's really interesting. I too came up with the reservoir area and I have tried to look for pics of an area around there and was blocked. I really think it's in a drain near an over look or something like that. People stand on top of it every time they look out and dont know it. Lol I have found lots of clues that relate to names of businesses on Canyon road also now that I looked into a little more. And every phrase from "meek to waters high" are terms used in dams and reservoirs. It is very interesting.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone looked into Canyon Road and the art galleries around there. Forrest has a friend who owns an art gallery on that road and it seems many of the artists and paintings in this gallery have meanings in his poem or at the very least have a familiar tone about them. And I also noticed that I have been blocked when looking for maps of an area near there. Maybe be nothing but ya never know. Maybe just one of those things and maybe not. Check out the names along Canyon Road and the art galleries and see for yourself. I am only throwing an idea out there. I have not invested a lot of time in Forrest and only know about the galleries through a friend who noticed it while visiting them himself. And I think it would be all but impossible to figure out his poem if it was based on local art in local galleries unless you explored them all. It wouldn't surprise me it the poem was a painting with everything Forrest described in it. And the painting itself gave the location away. Just a thought. Next time your in an are gallery be sure to look down when your looking at that painting and make sure it's not resting on a treasure chest of sorts.
been checked to death.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get it I am the only one who realizes what an emorous pile of BS the whole Forrest Fenn thing is? If you believe this stuff I can give you a great deal on a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

OP
OP
A

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think when it comes to believing or not I would always choose believe. Because it doesn't cost you anything and it can lead only to a positive experience. Now if you choose to not believe you have no chance to go along for the ride. And the ride is truly awesome most of the time. It's free so why pass it up?

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think when it comes to believing or not I would always choose believe. Because it doesn't cost you anything and it can lead only to a positive experience. Now if you choose to not believe you have no chance to go along for the ride. And the ride is truly awesome most of the time. It's free so why pass it up?

So do want to make me an offer on my bridge?

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get it I am the only one who realizes what an emorous pile of BS the whole Forrest Fenn thing is? If you believe this stuff I can give you a great deal on a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
You don't need to be in the thread.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a while I was thinking this was the location like the above were saying.......north and east......but when measured it was not anywhere close to 8.25 miles north of santa fe.....even from the bottom of the city it was something like 6 miles north so i opted out......

I am going to my first location.....as I think this is Forrest's way of saying 'Hint of Treasures New and Old'....whereas the pervious comment is about how he can keep his secret while luring you to some place he might want you to 'discover'

here is how I broke it down
View attachment 1066241 View attachment 1066242 View attachment 1066243 View attachment 1066244 View attachment 1066245 View attachment 1066246 View attachment 1066247

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need to be in the thread.

Hmmm. I think it is refreshing to see an alternate view, especially when truthful.

Oh....and I have some land in south central Florida for sale if the bridge in Brooklyn doesn't suit you.

:tongue3:

Pipe
No, you're not the only one that realizes what a pile of BS this thing is but most of us that don't follow the shepherd have moved on (but check back once in a while for a good laugh). :laughing7:

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. I think it is refreshing to see an alternate view, especially when truthful. Oh....and I have some land in south central Florida for sale if the bridge in Brooklyn doesn't suit you. :tongue3: Pipe No, you're not the only one that realizes what a pile of BS this thing is but most of us that don't follow the shepherd have moved on (but check back once in a while for a good laugh). :laughing7:
You "don't follow" and have "moved on". Yet...here you are...again

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You "don't follow" and have "moved on". Yet...here you are...again

Unable to comprehend or just a superficial read of the post? :dontknow: Last sentence:

.... (but check back once in a while for a good laugh). :laughing7:

"you don't need to be on the thread" is a pompous statement that shows intolerance to the views of others.

There is no right or wrong on this subject, only opinions and beliefs. And believe it or not, Gpipe's opinion may be superior to yours.

There is absolutely no evidence that your "cache" exist except for the word of the person lining his pocket with its portrayal.

The truth lies within the sig line below: vvvvvv Happy hunting. 8-)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Going along without a hint of reality cost you TIME and that is a limited commodity even if you don't realize it at a young age. But then wasting time is popular with the young generation. Frank five star.png
COOKIE MONSTER.jpg

OP
OP
A

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On the contrary Franklin the younger generation learns more in a single year then someone learned in ten years only 30 years ago. Kids these days use more of their brains then any other generation. I think the word you may have wanted to use was "wisdom" or the lack of it by some. And I see no reason to not believe Mr. Fenn. Can anyone pleas tell me that they have proof of a lie or a cover up? In this day and age it would be extremely difficult to carry on a ruse this long and not be detected. So with no proof and incorrect facts and no hint of any deceit someone wants to throw stones??? If you disagreed that's your opinion but please don't show your ignorance by condescending comments without basis.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay There AppleCrack

If you disagreed with Frankn that's your opinion but please don't show your ignorance by condescending comments and broad generalizations.
Have a good one AppleCrack.

OP
OP
A

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And maybe you should read all the posts before you make general statements my friend. No one is talking about Franklin being condensing. If you read all the posts you may have realized that. And again if you would have read all the posts you would understand the nature of my post and it would "possibly" make sense. To enlighten you, a poster commented on the Fenn treasure as BS and made condescending comments about people believing or trusting people to be honest. I simply pointed out his inaccuracies and his mistaken thought process. But if you weren't so quick to jump on someome y out might have understood that. I dont know Franklin and I most certainly wouldn't make any remarks about him one way or another. But I feel perfectly justified in defending my opinion especially when someone thinks someone is a fool for believing in something. I am arguing in favor of people having a right to believe in whatever they want and not have someone take shots at them.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And maybe you should read all the posts before you make general statements my friend. No one is talking about Franklin being condensing. If you read all the posts you may have realized that. And again if you would have read all the posts you would understand the nature of my post and it would "possibly" make sense. To enlighten you, a poster commented on the Fenn treasure as BS and made condescending comments about people believing or trusting people to be honest. I simply pointed out his inaccuracies and his mistaken thought process. But if you weren't so quick to jump on someome y out might have understood that. I dont know Franklin and I most certainly wouldn't make any remarks about him one way or another. But I feel perfectly justified in defending my opinion especially when someone thinks someone is a fool for believing in something. I am arguing in favor of people having a right to believe in whatever they want and not have someone take shots at them.

I stand guilty as accused AppleCrack. I should have read YOUR complete thread.
Now riddle me the this if wou will. Does you "handle", AppleCrack, suggest that you can hack Apple’s iOS application ecosystem?

OP
OP
A

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Unfortunately no, it comes from a drunk night many moons ago and it stuck with me. As hard as I tried to rid myself of the nickname I could not so I embraced it as best I could. Lol. And I really have no I'll will towards anyone and I am thankful for most everyone on this site for teaching me so much. I truly believe it will lead me to something special.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread