How to get Funding for Treasure Projects in the Digital Age

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Hey I'm an old guy who doesn't know diddly about raising money for treasure projects / recovery in today's digital environment. However I know there is a demand. I am certain many have wondered how......There must be someone with croudfunding or other experience that could establish a fund, or help raise funds for specific projects. Perhaps you guys have workable ideas, or know of services that could assist in obtaining funding thru
the high tech arena. I'm told people are successfully raising money for all kinds of stuff, Why not raise money for Treasure Projects? Does anyone know how to get funding for treasure projects in the digital age?

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Is there NO ONE who knows about raising money for treasure sites, or land acquisition? Are you guys are truly wealthy and have no need to access funds.?
Have you ever found anything really big and needed to purchase the land to dig it up? What if there was a fund you could apply to? I wonder how many Treasure hunters would donate a few bucks and start one?
I may need money for a site in the "signs" forum. The post is titled "Hand Arrastra" Come on guys, stop HOARDING the financing ideas!
If you are shy about posting, give me a PM
Clueman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there NO ONE who knows about raising money for treasure sites, or land acquisition? Are you guys are truly wealthy and have no need to access funds.?
Have you ever found anything really big and needed to purchase the land to dig it up? What if there was a fund you could apply to? I wonder how many Treasure hunters would donate a few bucks and start one?
I may need money for a site in the "signs" forum. The post is titled "Hand Arrastra" Come on guys, stop HOARDING the financing ideas!
If you are shy about posting, give me a PM
Clueman
It violates our rules to try to raise the funds here, but not to talk about different ways to raise funds.. Maybe members thought you were trying to raise funds here.

One way is there is a website for raising funds called "gofundme"

http://www.gofundme.com/

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out Kickstarter, I did a quick search for treasure hunts and came up empty, I'm not sure if this is allowed or not there.

It seems if your story is engaging enough and people feel like they can get something back from their investment in you they just might invest. Check out some of the other projects and what they offer. Perhaps you can offer a % of the take for different donation levels? It would take a lot of work to really lay out the plan and videos seem to help a lot too. Obviously you wouldn't give away the exact location or anything, but you'd need to be engaging, believable and personal. You never know, it could go viral and you'll get the money you need.

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover?ref=nav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Wow! Go fund me, Kickstarter and the private funding company..............ASK, and ye shall receive!
I will explore these and hope others will as well. Thanks for the information.
Clueman

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Clueman,

If you find something please share it with us...Some of us have a project too big for our pocket books! I understand why they don't allow it here, if you have investors you probably are into securities issues.

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Hello Curtis...............I already found something. I'm trying to acquire the parcel where it is so legalities are not an issue.
I have already been dealing with lawyers , less than flexible owners, and a real estate agent. It has been, and continues to be a problem.
I am now afraid my cash availability will be inadequate. I am pretty sure a lawyer is also trying to buy it. I simply want to complete
a treasure site that has been the torment of my soul. The other post that describes this particular site is in the SIGNS forum titled Hand Arrastra.

The previous reply from chlsbrns seems like it may be a viable option for those with verifiable sites and inadequate pocketbooks. I don't know
yet. I may simply mortgage the house and collateralize my existing portfolio.

Check out Hand Arrastra.............I should have titled it "Hand Arrastra in Cave with Vault of Gold, Copper, and Silver"
Thanks for the reply.....Clueman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread