TV Show Looking for Treasure Hunters

PRP

Apr 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for a television production company based out of New York that is currently developing a new series that will follow groups of people on modern-day treasure hunts, whether it's for Fenn's treasure or any others. We are looking to talk to any treasure hunters that would be interested in being on-camera for this project. If you're interested, or just curious to find out some more information, please send me an email at hmerdheim [at] gmail [dot] com

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking for a TV show to follow me around while I look for my fourth wife. If anyone is interested please email me at whywontthesetvproducersjustgoaway.com

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your looking for your future 4th ex-wife

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to give up my sites to complete strangers! Where do I sign up?!

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this thread started a couple days before, I would have called BS. ;)

However, I wish to do as I always do, which is, to play devil's advocate.

This could be for real, in a way. Think of all the research and archival power production companies have at their disposal. Think about those show such as Gold Rush, or Deadliest Catch. It's been postulated in the past that the producers of these shows helps the goal and aim of the show, by providing leads and technical assistance when the protagonists have run into a dead end. So long as you stick to the big legends (lost Dutchmen, KGC, et al) you wouldn't really be giving much more than is already publicly known. You might even say, the production company might have some great leads of their own, some bought and paid for, they just need someone to do the footwork because their real payday would be the ad money and sponsorships and the notoriety of being the company that produced the filming of the great finds of 2015. Consider it. It sounds like they're looking for someone to do the leg work and I would think they're not going to rely entirely on any and everything YOU know about a treasure legend...

Just a thought!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pick me -.jpg - NOT!! They are always looking for a fool to do as they say, drama sells!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to all, PRP is a member here........Same rules apply..

golddigger65

Feb 2, 2010
Northern Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold bug/Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember some years ago TV star Chuck Conners, "The Rifleman", was the host of a similar show. Was pretty interesting but did not last very long. Good luck with your show.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh Gates never finds anything. :laughing7:

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that l responded to offered to feed me on the day of the shoot, I declined, dumb me, I coulda gotten a free meal.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should had received your free meal, and find out how much they are paying you to film. I hope that you learn your lesson. Shame on you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh Gates never finds anything. :laughing7:
His luck might've changed! Saw his show a day or two ago. Looking for part of Yama (you know)as treasure in the PIs. He found some nails and three planted coins!:tongue3: Come on give the guy some credit! And, he only yelled STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP once.:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to roll your film to watch me dig Wheat Pennies, I'm all in !

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His luck might've changed! Saw his show a day or two ago. Looking for part of Yama (you know)as treasure in the PIs. He found some nails and three planted coins!:tongue3: Come on give the guy some credit! And, he only yelled STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP once.:laughing7:

I actually like Josh Gates shows. He's not afraid to make fun of himself and the hunt and the hunters some times. He's also not afraid to actually get in there and do the hunt.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually like Josh Gates shows. He's not afraid to make fun of himself and the hunt and the hunters some times. He's also not afraid to actually get in there and do the hunt.
I always felt sorry for the girl sidekick I think her name was Hunter. That little girl was just the right height and every time he'd yell stop stop stop! He'd slam her in the breastages. She should've gotten hazardous pay just for that.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the other hand, if some of these "Production Companies" would come on Tnet not sounding so cryptic and give a little more info, they might get better responses. This sounds more like someone digging for info than a legit offer. How about a link to your other projects might help you get better responses. I'm a SAG member, do you pay scale?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is: No one is going to volunteer GOOD info to someone that may use the same against you in the form of '' back stabbing '' so to speak.
How many on T-Net have had partners who went back to the 'dig' site on the sly? Not trying to down T-NET because they have been on my computer for a while and I love what is posted by good intentioned folks. It happened to me twice, SSooo, be careful of what you show, and to whom. A man in Texas lost enough to make ten men rich. :unhappysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions