Forrest Fenn - Dal Neitzel Blog - Chastised Me For Asking Questions?

WHPowell

Apr 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure most of you chasers are familiar with the work and blog of Dal Neitzel. He has a very informative blog located at Thrill Of The Chase | Searching For Forrest Fenn's Treasure and you can find the specific blog page to which I will reference here: Part two?Interpreting the clues? | Thrill Of The Chase

If you go to that page you will see that I asked a question, and was treated pretty rudely about it. I'll post the back-and-forth text here, let me know what you think:

I initially posted:
“Why is everyone so sure that it is is New Mexico? I have never even heard New Mexico mentioned except for the line we all know, “In the Rocky Mountains NORTH of Santa Fe.” Is that all we are going on for the many, many people who believe it is for sure in NM? What about Treasure Falls in Colorado? Since Forrest, “knows it is wet,” is most certainly is in a stream (which I find unlikely because it would be very probably it could get swept away), or tucked neatly at the base of a water fall.“

And Mr. Neitzel responded:
William-
First off…no one is sure of anything until the chest is found. Second, Forrest has limited the chest’s hidey spot to 4 states. There are folks who believe it could be any one of those 4 states. All 4 have their advocates and at this point no one’s guess is any better than anyone else’s. Finally, it’s easy to rationalize looking just about anywhere in those 4 states. Name a place and someone can twist the clues to take them there. It’s all about interpretation, rationalization and personal opinion. I looked in NM when I first started the search 4.5 years ago. I have since moved elsewhere. Read some of what has been posted on this blog in the past 4 years by some very smart people who have done considerable thinking and you would not be asking such a question…you might have your own strong opinions but a person would be foolish to disregard completely what many others consider to be the most logical state for the chest to be resting in."

My response was:
"None of what you just said explains why it is, “considered to be the most logical state for the chest to be resting in.” And, if it is indeed the most logical state for the chest to be resting in, why would a person of your considerable knowledge have, “moved elsewhere,” in their search?”

He responded the following which I thought was a little hurtful:

"Your correct…not my job to explain things to you that are quite well covered on this blog. Do the research and you’ll find out why. I am not here to make life easier for you William. You should consider investing the time to find things out on your own rather than simply asking for an information hand-out.”

My final reply was this, although he will not "approve" the comment for the public to see it. I have tried three times. It seems he will just censor me and only allow his readers to read things from her perspective:

"That so embodies the opposite spirit of what Forrest Fenn holds dear when he wrote the memoirs and poems to lead us outside to nature and share, and enjoy the outdoors in a spirit of peace and quiet reflection. You have jumped to too many conclusions. I have read both “Too Far to Walk” & “Thrill of The Chase” multiple times and simply posed a question, curious as one who has done the research, why it seems a foregone conclusion that the chest resides in NM. I simply offered up an alternative suggested, such as Colorado. I also have no intention of ever searching for the chest. No one asked for a hand out…or even asked a question, other than “Why is that NM is heralded as the most logical searching point?” – I feel sorry for you, sir. You have truly misunderstood what it means to be an outdoorsman, a lover and sharer of the woods, and a respectable person. I recommend some deep reflection. I will not be returning to your site to read your reply, so type away in futility. I am deeply saddened for you and will pray for you, that you are the type of man so easily upset by an internet post. Forrest Fenn would truly be disappointed in you and your demeanor toward others simply discussing what he would want to be discussed. Goodbye, sir.”

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly you are better off to divorce yourself from that treasure. I know a good clearing exercise: Sit with the bottoms of your feet flat together. Put your hands together so the fingertips are touching. Now inhale and press your hands together so the palms are flat together and use some pressure. Then on exhale just have the fingertips touching and more relaxed. make sure your arms do not touch your shirt as this will make a short circuit. Do this for five minutes occasionally putting pressure on the feet also. If you get tired, just hold the relax position but always keep the fingers touching--do not break the circuit. This is a powerful exercise and best not to do it when other people are in the house, or go outside.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Honestly you are better off to divorce yourself from that treasure. I know a good clearing exercise: Sit with the bottoms of your feet flat together. Put your hands together so the fingertips are touching. Now inhale and press your hands together so the palms are flat together and use some pressure. Then on exhale just have the fingertips touching and more relaxed. make sure your arms do not touch your shirt as this will make a short circuit. Do this for five minutes occasionally putting pressure on the feet also. If you get tired, just hold the relax position but always keep the fingers touching--do not break the circuit. This is a powerful exercise and best not to do it when other people are in the house, or go outside.

UMMMMM..... Forrest Fenn Insanity????????????

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think he was rude. All of your answers are in his blog, Except where it is. Also it's better to use the wheel that someone else invented than go out and invent your own.

BitterFingers

Aug 7, 2013
I also don't think he was rude. I think he was saying that there is a very large cache of information out there, and research on your part will get you the answers to your questions. I've been pondering Fenn's poem for about a year now (off and on), but I have also been through all of the posts on both Fenn's and Dal's blogs.

"...no one is sure of anything until the chest is found."
"...things to you that are quite well covered on this blog."

It is polite, and sometimes mandatory, on most blogs/forums to use the Search function and look for the answer to your question before posting a question that has already been answered. Dal has made over 40 trips out into the world to look for Fenn's treasure. He is in direct communication with Fenn, and invests a considerable amount of time and energy helping the general public keep new information organized. What he said was that different people have different opinions about which state the treasure is in, and the information about their reasoning is in the blog. You have to form your own opinion about where you think it is. If you aren't even interested in searching for the treasure, then I (personally) don't blame him for not having a deeper dialog with you about it. Your approach seemed to be for the purpose of picking a fight about a detail that has already been discussed (many, many times - if you read through the blog).

Then you end the dialog by insulting him, and come here and accuse him of being rude:

"You have truly misunderstood what it means to be an outdoorsman, a lover and sharer of the woods, and a respectable person."

To be respectable, one must be respectful.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow this link to my solve:

Home

We keep seeing this link which takes us to a pic of you standing next to a tree. If you solved it show us a pic of the treasure , we all have pics of us standing next to a tree. Show us the money !

into

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a private page on Facebook - which may help you find this treasure. You must be a serious treasure hunter to join.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure has been found per an aquaintance of mine..pictures sent to Forest and he has acknowledged that the treasure was located where the picture taken. Someone contact Forest to see if this is actually true. If it has been found, safe the time and resources for those that will and are still looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions