Important Clue On Mona Islands Treasure Trove

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Important Clue On Mona Island's Treasure Trove

The Following article appeared in a New York City Newspaper Dated March 10, 1894:

Hunting For A Treasure Trove
A Search or a Pirate Hoard On islands Of the Spanish Main.

Minneapolis, Minn. March 10.- A Minneapolis man spent two months last winter searching for a pirate's buried treasure of gold and jewels in one of the West Indies islands. Captain Eric Hector McLeod, who commands a whaleback steamer between Duluth and Buffalo, claims to have learned from an old sea captain just before the latter's death of the exact location of a $5,000,000 treasure on one of the Spanish islands. He doubted the yarn, but finally went with a small party from New York in a steam yacht armed with a chart of the island. He claimed to have found the gold, but is was impracticable to take it away, owing to the fact that Spanish soldiers were working on the island digging guano. A plan was formed to go back after the treasure at a more convenient time. Meanwhile, Captain McLeod came to Minneapolis to visit his sister and told her the story of the treasure. He was carefull, however, to name the wrong island, as in his story he said the treasure was on Mona island whereas the real place was 900 miles away. Among those who heard the story in Minneapolis was Henry Stone. he made the trip to Mona, but, of course failed to find the treasure .

Happy Hunting !!!
Simon.........

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Important Clue On Mona Island's Treasure Trove

HI: So where were the Spanish soldiers digging up Guano within a 900 mile radius in those days? can't be more than 500 locations. hehe. A seach of business records of that period in rhe archives is in line.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
S

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006

I think he found the gold on Mona ,,And then wanted to throw the people off by saying another Island ...

Just my opinion...

Regards Simon

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

=SimonLakeSub
I think he found the gold on Mona ,,And then wanted to throw the people off by saying another Island ... Just my opinion... Regards Simon

HI Simon, your opinion is just as good as mine. maybe even better heheeheh. gogogo.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread