The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

feltsoul

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where do you get the FF, or UU? (I know about the colophon in the books) and also- how do you get the Y going to a Y? seems there is only one "why" can you elaborate? your writing is in depth but some of it is unclear where your conclusions come from. I will reread. I know this is old but if you still come on here I would appreciate where ur ideas originated. I am new to this and I don't believe your theory but I must investigate it fully though... it seems this chest should have been found, one would expect...

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where do you get the FF, or UU? (I know about the colophon in the books) and also- how do you get the Y going to a Y? seems there is only one "why" can you elaborate? your writing is in depth but some of it is unclear where your conclusions come from. I will reread. I know this is old but if you still come on here I would appreciate where ur ideas originated. I am new to this and I don't believe your theory but I must investigate it fully though... it seems this chest should have been found, one would expect...
FF is Forrest Fenn & Folsom Falls.
UU is Y= being u in the Greek alphabet, so two "Y" s in Greek is uu. This is how the two are directly derived from the poem:
"Why is it"
"Why is it that I must go"
"Why is it that I must go and leave my trove"
NOTE: this is no messing with the poem in any way. It's simply putting the clues in a sequential order in its relationship with the indicated visual object "clue" that must be found on the map. So, "Why=Y" a physical "Y" that rests on the ground and on a map,, like a Y in a trail, river, lava uplifts.
"Y is it that I must go" to and "Y is it that I must leave my trove" derived from "and leave my trove" in reference to the first "Why" tha Fenn speaks of.
Simply put a Y is it that I must go to and a Y that I must leave from. Now, Y is u in Greek and thus uu.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slick,

I have taken many psychology courses and I know humans are creatures of habit. One has to ask the question, Why is the old man (FF) all of a sudden wanting to give away his money? Does he have a wife and a family to support? what about debts? A tarnished history that needs to be reconciled?

Maybe if I was a rich prince in Nigeria who is looking for a bank account to transfer all my millions in gold to, but I need 10k dollars first so I can verify that it is a true account. Maybe if that was the case, why would I give out this money? Did I meet Jesus and now I feel bad for all that is wrong in the world?

You have to ask the why's. What is the motivation of FF? There is none other reason I can think of than that to make money/fame/popularity. It's actually genius. Because of how the media and society is these days.

Shoot, I might make a grand daddy puzzle and actually put 10 bucks in, just because I personally would feel bad to leave someone hanging like that. I study behaviors of individuals, and I haven't seen anything otherwise that says this man would give out money.

Maybe, just maybe, I could actually see him (after making millions of this chase), then "planting" the chest after the fact. But then again, that would require a non greedy heart.

Have I met him or spoke to him (FF), no I haven't. So my suggestions are just opinions, but I would agree with you slick.

TL:DR Ask the why behind the madness

Immortality, FF being the first to do it on such a grand scale, and as a work of art.

This treasure hunt has its "i"s dotted and its "t"s crossed. It was thought up, implemented, and has grown in stature by leaps and bounds in less than 10 years.

Ok, maybe you've taken many psychology courses, and you've got it all figured out.

But let me ask you this, are you a millionaire? Are you at death's door, age wise? Are you content in life? Have you left more than enough behind, for those you love, to be taken care of?

And, finally, what's wrong with Forrest having a little fun with his wealth? He can't take it with him.

Who knows, maybe The Chase has extended his life by adding another layer of interest for him.

And finally, he has lived an extremely rich life. He could die tomorrow happy. This is his life's coda.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When this cache was first presented with a poem for clues, I spent a bit of time looking for the thing I always start with, the location of the search. When I saw how big the search area actually was, my BS filter sounded off! Also, most of the clues are so vague that they could apply to a million places or things. Where the warm water stops could be his bathroom faucet. Hay, maybe it is still in his safe at his home which has a bathroom next to it! LOL
owl-2.jpg

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wanted to be known
He wanted to be remembered
He wants to stand the test of time
He wants to live forever
He wants to make sure that when someone googles his name in 50-100 years that something comes up.
ITs the same reason he casts/inscribes and then buries bronze bells. He wants them to be found at some point in the distant future and and for the finder to know that Forrest Fenn once existed.
He is very afraid of being forgotten.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, maybe it is still in his safe at his home which has a bathroom next to it!
Hay is for horses. Strike one.

You're in Maryland. Strike two.

Your "BS filter" is set to "sour grapes." Strike three.

:hello: (he he)

Personally, I think the person who finds it will be someone who lives close to where it is hidden. They'll have learned about The Chase while growing up, and they'll have seen a potential location for it to be hidden while hiking and exploring their surroundings, as we all do while growing up, … and one day they'll check that location out, just for the fun of it, and they'll get lucky.

Might not happen in our lifetimes, though. In the past, people have found things that have been hidden for over 100 years. Their tales usually begin with some accidental occurrence, where if not for "such-and-such" they never would have found it. Forrest may have planned The Chase by anticipating that people eventually will be living near it, and it's a nice place to visit, but only if you live nearby.

That's the way it goes. Some coincidental person ends up being the one to find it.

I hope it gets found in my lifetime, just to see how the end result unfolds.

The announcement and the ensuing media buzz, the unveiling of the contents, the story of the find, the TV special, the movie, will the treasure be parceled out, will it be kept together, will there be an auction for items from it for anyone who wants in on a piece of it, will the finder have good luck or will fame and fortune carry a "curse."

It's all good, imho.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm left wondering. If when he (FF) found out he wasn't on deaths door step like he had been told, maybe he retrived his treasure, because now he would not be able to drape his dying body over his treasure. Now his bones would be found with it. If i remember correctly he had stated that was his intention.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm left wondering. If when he (FF) found out he wasn't on deaths door step like he had been told, maybe he retrived his treasure, because now he would not be able to drape his dying body over his treasure. Now his bones would be found with it. If i remember correctly he had stated that was his intention.

Considering that the location of my solution just so happens to be a ceremonial Indian Burial ground, I have had considerable emails to Mr Fenn, 1. Being very displeased by his actions concerning his mentioning of "his special place" that he claimed that no one had stepped foot into this area for possibly 500 years, and when I was there, the place was completely void of any and all artifacts, destroying anything that could have been learned about the ceremonial burial location.
2.This would be the place he would leave his bones. He tried to make it his own. Fenns a "taker" not a giver. He says so himself. Just look at his mind set of "take every banana " analogy that he inherited from his father, and the fact that he robbed Indian graves. He's not likely to give a single thing away without reciprocation. That's Fenn. Understand the man, and you will understand the chase, and what you are chasing. It's not the fake 1150 A.D bronze box with 4 perfect 90 degree angles, interconnected on all axis. If it was real, it would be priceless, since a welding bead can be seen on the lid, making the artist an alien. It's just not feasibly possible in that time period. So how can someone who deals with fakes and frauds be trusted to produce a challenge that is real, and only from "his word"?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with you.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have searched the Internet for sources documenting Fenn's grave looting, yet cannot find any save for what SlickNickel and others have stated on forums. Can someone point me the way please ?

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going on three years since I posted this solution.
It's held up against the test of time and scrutiny.
To date, not one single person has made a successful challenge to my solve. Lots of BS but no factual challenge.

What has changed for me and this solution? Nothing! Noda! Still the same solution, the same hide-hole, still the same lines, same WWWH and still the exact same place.

What has changed, is all of the posts that I have made on another forum. Everything has been completely erased. All of the inner thinkings and study that proved the actual chest is a fake, along with its creator is gone.

I have kept certain things about the chase unpublished. I know exactly what pictures hints, and references in Fenns books that relate to my solution. I have as yet disclosed them to anyone. Only Fenn or myself, or a person who has followed my solution, will know these things.

That being said, I know Mr. Fenn quite well. I know what he is about and what the Chase is to him. He really does want someone to discover the location at Folsom Falls NM, and claim the area as his special place, to forever engrave in history his name, the horse head headdress and Indian and treasure hunt, as his own. But! He wants to do it without having to give up one red cent. Since I have stopped him dead in his tracks, he is now stuck with no way out.
I have several direct clues from his books and scrapbooks that I haven't divulged. One is a "check" to know exactly, if someone has did their due diligence and studied my solution, or its Fenn himself trying to lead everyone to Folsom Fall.
Fenn has done this before. When I first told Fenn that "It's over" he said "You're not even close". He then immediately did several things that only I know about. At that time, most of the search states were revealed and the map mistake was known. Fenn morphed the existing states and location to be in "The Rocky Mountains" and NOT in the mountains north of Santa Fe Nm. Fenn was worried that searchers would believe the Folsom Falls Solution, and his book deal that was launching would fizzle. Now that time has passed, Fenn wants to end TC and claim Folsom Falls as his special place. He wants to show you his masterpiece, while he is still alive and glow in the limelight of the greatest treasure hunt of all times, without having to give away a single thing.
He wants it all! He now thinks that enough time has passed, that he can weasel his way back to Folsom Falls by actually posting as himself, and posting a fact, that up till this time, I was the only one who knew of it.
Fenn is posting. Fenn is trying to reveal Folsom Falls as the place. At least, this post will set the record straight.
I admit that my solution is not easy to follow because of all the inner technical logic that was included. I have been asked to simplify this.
Stay tuned. More to come. SNL

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I never follow this lost treasure. I understand you say it was never planted somewhere. I can accept that.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I haven't commented on here about Forrest Fenn in over 4 years (the other thread). Myself along with my wife and two daughters drove out west on vacation in July-Aug of 2016 to visit relatives in California. On the way back we stopped at the place I thought it was at and spent most the day there. Even though we didn't find it, it turned out to be an amazing day 45 minutes north of Santa Fe.

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn has made several statements about the clues in his books, and that the finder would come to know all of them once they figure out the solution.

I claim that my solution is the correct one.

This means that I know things that others don't. This is a true statement.

There are many things that I have not published, and I will slowly release them as necessary.

Here is a clue that has recently surfaced from the man himself Forrest Fenn at WWW. TTOTC.com

"worth the cold"

How can something be "Cold" in the middle of July?

Hint: It refers to Fenns comments of having "a good map"

It also refers to Fenns most mysterious Scrapbook that for years was posted at TTOTC with not a single poster, until that is, Forrest Fenn himself made the first post!

Logic lends its credibility to the person who can connect the poem clues to a specific place on a map.

What represents "Cold" and how can "Cold" be found on a map in mid July in the mountains north of Santa Fe NM?

Here is the equation:

Cold is considered to be _______, so ________ is a specific place on a map, and is also directly related to the missing SB.

Oh! and remember "worth" means to equally divide, so you must "worth the cold as I have done in my solution.

Good luck!
Confirmation bias my eye! Lol,

Last edited:

oiwon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story short for anyone late to the party that doesn't have 5 hours to read all of this:

Person has idea of where to look for FF's treasure based on poem/FF's original interview alone
Person applies his own logic and goes there, doesn't find treasure
Person claims to have solved FF's poem/puzzle correctly
Person claims FF is a con-artist/shady character and the treasure never existed and furthermore will never be found
Person's logic is questioned several times and there are many holes to be found
Person continues to aggressively defends original claims

Conclusion:
Treasure might be fake, might be real. No proof

FF's treasure hunt is not solved, and there isn't enough data here or in the original post here to validate that it was indeed solved

My 2 cents:
Don't go down this rabbit hole unless you have to. The substance is few and far between.

No offense :)

HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Person's logic is questioned several times and there are many holes to be found

No offense :)

HH

What holes? LMAO

No one can disprove a single thing that I have shown. Everything is logical and correct.

BTW, I have tons of things that I have as yet to release.

I am the only person who has the “Blaze” in Scrapbook 32. I’ve never made this public.

Here’s another one for you, I have a stick man in my solve. Just never mentioned it because it’s not a part of the poem. Neither is SB32.

Everyone out there is so much smarter than me, but why do I have an answer for everything?

I’m not offended, lol nothing has changed.

Hope you find what you’re looking for. It’s not on this thread! Lol

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread