The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't chimed in on the treasure or search yet though I've kept up with all posts for a while. I find it all pretty exciting and wish I could go search. I would love to solve the clues and put my hands on the chest. But at the same time I can't help but believe that some guy from the F B I or some other agency would walk out from behind a tree, say they've just been waiting for someone to take the chest. I'm thinking they have already solved and found the prize. They have experts who do nothing but solve codes and puzzles. They most likely solved it right after they learned of its existence. I just keep asking my if that's true why wouldn't they have taken it. Forrest says its still out there. I guess one would think I don't trust our government. And when it comes to treasure , gold, money, etc., I don't!!!

Sadly, no one in five years has even come close to solving it because they don't want to do the hard home work. A computer can't do it and nothing that the FBI would even come close, appearently, from today's posts on a different site.
I posted a simple word puzzle. Supposedly, there are several master puzzles solvers on "the other site" and all they come up with are insults but no answers.

This is great!

Ole' Fenn has ya'll chasing your tails in circles!

The following word puzzle solidifies, and "shows" the hidden message that is in the poem. I was saving this for a boring winters night.

The hidden word puzzle.

The following set of words are pulled from FF's poem as they appear in order.

halt
the meek
nigh
the blaze
gaze
the chest

All of these words have JUST ONE, single word in common/association that can be ascertained from the word set.

What is that single word?

Hint: Delve deep into their meaning using two dictionaries, and go "Greek for meek".

This isn't difficult but requires work.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have replicas made, of the "unique" items. Yes sir (IRS) They are all fake! Let the heat die down...sell the "real" treasures in another country! Switzerland, Germany would work.

Hey! Maybe if we get the system all figured out the FBI will hire us! :laughing7: Anyone, have any treasure they want fenced, any racketeering, money laundering, etc....? We need jobs for the FBI and need some skills on our resume! Just like Frank Abagnale,:laughing7:

Ummm, and that was a joke! I'm not really advertising!:laughing7:

Bill Mason(My idol:laughing7: Not really, but was a smart creative man)They actually spent years trying to chase down a band of criminals and it was one guy. I don't care who you are or how honest you are? You have to give this guy credit, not for his thefts, but for being determined and creative with his sales, His wife didn't even know! Kind of on the extreme end of what we are talking about.:laughing7:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Mason_(jewel_thief)

Last edited:

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SlickNickel, it's difficult to know how close anyone has gotten in solving the puzzle. I've seen some of those posts you mentioned where some do nothing more than throw out insults. I'm into to this just recently and I know I'm way behind figuring out anything. Aging brain syndrome!!! Now I'll try the hidden word puzzle you showed even though my mind is blank.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, no one in five years has even come close to solving it because they don't want to do the hard home work. A computer can't do it and nothing that the FBI would even come close, appearently, from today's posts on a different site.
I posted a simple word puzzle. Supposedly, there are several master puzzles solvers on "the other site" and all they come up with are insults but no answers.

This is great!

Ole' Fenn has ya'll chasing your tails in circles!

The following word puzzle solidifies, and "shows" the hidden message that is in the poem. I was saving this for a boring winters night.

The hidden word puzzle.

The following set of words are pulled from FF's poem as they appear in order.

halt
the meek
nigh
the blaze
gaze
the chest

All of these words have JUST ONE, single word in common/association that can be ascertained from the word set.

What is that single word?

Hint: Delve deep into their meaning using two dictionaries, and go "Greek for meek".

This isn't difficult but requires work.

I don't have the patience or mental capacity tonight to look it up!:laughing7: So, I'll take a quick guess for fun. They all refer to an animal? Or could... A horse? :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NITRIC!

Yes! You must have read my article! Good for you. The drawing of a left side of a horse to be exact.

Now would you please go over to ChaseChat.com and answer the question, since the masters of the universe over there don't have a clue?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NITRIC!

Yes! You must have read my article! Good for you. The drawing of a left side of a horse to be exact.

Now would you please go over to ChaseChat.com and answer the question, since the masters of the universe over there don't have a clue?

Ya....To be honest I read the first post! :laughing7: But really by looking at the word list, most people can see that the words could refer to a horse when they are put together. Are there other word sets in the poem that could be taken and refer to something, if someone dug deep enough into meaning? I don't know? I'm just thinking......

I also wonder if we took any location on the planet? If the poem could be twisted(not the right word) and worked to fit?

Not for or against the treasure or it's possible solves or anyone. Just curious! With enough work? That poem could be made to mean anything? Maybe? :dontknow:

Or, you found the location! And have the treasure and don't want anyone to know, overlooked something, the treasure was found already, or maybe never existed! Those are all possible too!:laughing7: If you do have the treasure? Could you spot me a couple of hundred grand! I promise to never pay it back or tell anyone!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya....To be honest I read the first post! :laughing7: But really by looking at the word list, most people can see that the words could refer to a horse when they are put together. Are there other word sets in the poem that could be taken and refer to something, if someone dug deep enough into meaning? I don't know? I'm just thinking......

I also wonder if we took any location on the planet? If the poem could be twisted(not the right word) and worked to fit?

Not for or against the treasure or it's possible solves or anyone. Just curious! With enough work? That poem could be made to mean anything? Maybe? :dontknow:

Or, you found the location! And have the treasure and don't want anyone to know, overlooked something, the treasure was found already, or maybe never existed! Those are all possible too!:laughing7: If you do have the treasure? Could you spot me a couple of hundred grand! I promise to never pay it back or tell anyone!

You're funny!
Nope! Can't have something if it never existed.

This is just like Huckelberry Finn! Real place just like the Folsom Falls solve but the main character Huck and the 10x10 box of farts is fake. Take all of the U.S. and the possibilities and probability becomes mindlessly exponential in finding a location. Now, whittle it down to two square miles, and it all changes. So ask yourself, where else in this world could the puzzle fit exactly like the Folsom Falls solution and the answer is crystal clear. It would be impossible to find another 2 square mile anywhere.
I'm a retired military man, who uses a a grid orientated search pattern with my metal detector, I don't miss a thing. I know where every single piece of metal is, in and around Folsom Falls Search area.
Fenn says he has buried his "bells" so deep a metal detector won't find it. I beg the differ with him. Also, the hole Fenn would need to dig to conceal his treasure would require high explosives due to the fact, that this area is volcanic with a very shallow bedrock. An 80 year old man couldn't dig or axe-pick a hole deep enough to elude an experienced TR hunter.
I have pulled a 5lb lead diving weight from 3' deep in sand. A 10x10 bronze box? Way to easy, especially the way I set my detector. Since the area is not mineralized, I used no discrimination, and tuned the unit for mineralization which was really low. This is all a nonissue, since I solved the puzzle exactly to the spot of UU and it led me to the final picture and FF location of his box of farts.
The metal detector always goes with me, just like all of the other tools I carry. Be prepared. I'm not one for showing up to a gunfight with only a knife. Just the tools of the trade and you never know what can be uncovered. Search everything, all the time, that's my motto.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're funny!
Nope! Can't have something if it never existed.

This is just like Huckelberry Finn! Real place just like the Folsom Falls solve but the main character Huck and the 10x10 box of farts is fake. Take all of the U.S. and the possibilities and probability becomes mindlessly exponential in finding a location. Now, whittle it down to two square miles, and it all changes. So ask yourself, where else in this world could the puzzle fit exactly like the Folsom Falls solution and the answer is crystal clear. It would be impossible to find another 2 square mile anywhere.
I'm a retired military man, who uses a a grid orientated search pattern with my metal detector, I don't miss a thing. I know where every single piece of metal is, in and around Folsom Falls Search area.
Fenn says he has buried his "bells" so deep a metal detector won't find it. I beg the differ with him. Also, the hole Fenn would need to dig to conceal his treasure would require high explosives due to the fact, that this area is volcanic with a very shallow bedrock. An 80 year old man couldn't dig or axe-pick a hole deep enough to elude an experienced TR hunter.
I have pulled a 5lb lead diving weight from 3' deep in sand. A 10x10 bronze box? Way to easy, especially the way I set my detector. Since the area is not mineralized, I used no discrimination, and tuned the unit for mineralization which was really low. This is all a nonissue, since I solved the puzzle exactly to the spot of UU and it led me to the final picture and FF location of his box of farts.
The metal detector always goes with me, just like all of the other tools I carry. Be prepared. I'm not one for showing up to a gunfight with only a knife. Just the tools of the trade and you never know what can be uncovered. Search everything, all the time, that's my motto.

So?........... what you are saying?........... Is.......... that you actually found A fart? That suuuucccckss! :laughing7: You didn't event get a decent box to store it in?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just started releasing my research from my June discovery on the physical 10x10 bronze box that Fenn made. It's a doozie!

Go to Dal's homepage site. Scroll down till you see the box. Look in the lower left hand corner, inside the box, where the gold coins cast a reflection on the back, side of the box. You will see a face of the artistic hoaxter /creator who most likely helped or made, the box. This watermark changes in other pictures. There is so much photoshop that it's not even funny. Lots more here to release. All in due time.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just started releasing my research from my June discovery on the physical 10x10 bronze box that Fenn made. It's a doozie!

Go to Dal's homepage site. Scroll down till you see the box. Look in the lower left hand corner, inside the box, where the gold coins cast a reflection on the back, side of the box. You will see a face of the artistic hoaxter /creator who most likely helped or made, the box. This watermark changes in other pictures. There is so much photoshop that it's not even funny. Lots more here to release. All in due time.

I'll have to check that out! So, you think he made the box? If he purchased it? It may be in an auction listing somewhere.Maybe? You bring up something interesting. Can the box be authenticated or dismissed(?) through the pictures of it? And if it was never hidden by FF? It should be somewhere, and might eventually turn up!

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to check that out! So, you think he made the box? If he purchased it? It may be in an auction listing somewhere.Maybe? You bring up something interesting. Can the box be authenticated or dismissed(?) through the pictures of it? And if it was never hidden by FF? It should be somewhere, and might eventually turn up!
It was purchased from a private owner, lol. No provenance to date. Can't find a shred of evidence that the box was ever sold at auction, or where its origin is from, let alone any previous owners. Remember, bronze is FF forte. He most likely returned the box back to the smelter after his photo shoot. Half of the box content has never been seen. Now there's some blind faith for ya! There is photoshopping to. Point of excess, why? Humm!

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
YES! the contents were seen by several people.

Well you can't disprove ANYTHING either ...can you slick? If you can I'm ALL ears.

ANY AND ALL of the treasures on this site are ALL a leap of faith to believe them. EVERY SINGLE ONE! UNTIL someone stands there holding the PROOF.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was purchased from a private owner, lol. No provenance to date. Can't find a shred of evidence that the box was ever sold at auction, or where its origin is from, let alone any previous owners. Remember, bronze is FF forte. He most likely returned the box back to the smelter after his photo shoot. Half of the box content has never been seen. Now there's some blind faith for ya! There is photoshopping to. Point of excess, why? Humm!

I don't think a guy like that would have sent it to the smelter. If it was never hidden, and was a rare piece? I would bet it's still around somewhere. That's thinking in the direction that it might not have ever been hidden,and rare. And anything is possible or an exception, he may have melted it down. I doubt it. It's hidden somewhere, full of treasure, or an empty box in a closet. :dontknow: Because We know the Fart wasn't in it! You confirmed that for us!:laughing7:

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES! the contents were seen by several people.

Well you can't disprove ANYTHING either ...can you slick? If you can I'm ALL ears.

ANY AND ALL of the treasures on this site are ALL a leap of faith to believe them. EVERY SINGLE ONE! UNTIL someone stands there holding the PROOF.

Show me the provenance of the bronze box. Plain and simple!

Last edited:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Show me the provenance of the bronze box. Plain and simple!

Show me the provenance of any of the treasure tails here in this site. But I bet you believe they are real.

YOU want us to believe your story with NO PROOOOOF! i.e. chest

Do you see the reasoning here? Mr. Fenn says believe me as well as you. I choose to believe his story and not yours... UNTIL you show me the chest in your hands.

Because the chest wasn't where you worked it out to be you deem it a hoax. Man thats some serious bravado!!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me the provenance of any of the treasure tails here in this site. But I bet you believe they are real.

Do you see the reasoning here? Mr. Fenn says believe me as well as you. I choose to believe his story and not yours... UNTIL you show me the chest in your hands.

Because the chest wasn't where you worked it out to be you deem it a hoax. Man thats some serious bravado!!

Hey!! In slicknickels defense, I'd be ticked off too!!! If I did all that work to find a fart!!! I mean......You gotta feel bad! That's almost like getting ***T on!! I know, I know, I need to grow up! I just can't do it yet!

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fenn purchased a $15k box for $25k from an art dealer who recieved the box from someone else. Where's the provenance? Now, three people know about this and everyone is silent about how it came into existence?

The plot thickens. If it looks like a duck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread