The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of fluff and absolutely no substance there, Slick. Not even your usual argument by assertion schtick. Most people, when they are sure of their position, welcome challenges to their position because it gives them a chance to reinforce their argument and knock down alternative theories. That's why falsification is so important in fields like science and law. But you run from those challenges, and seem afraid to confront them in any way. The likely reason is that you are so emotionally and intellectually invested in this that even entertaining the possibility that you could be wrong on either point is unfathomable to you. Granted, you did put in a lot of hard work. You invested a significant amount of time in it, you planned, you drove across several states to follow up on your work. And when you got to the end you had bupkis. But that's where pride comes in. You couldn't have been wrong. Not after all that work. And the idea that someone else may have found the treasure just wouldn't cut it. That would mean having to take a "may the best man win" perspective. After all the time and effort you put into this there had to be a villain; someone who thwarted you by cheating. And for you that villain was Forrest Fenn. Now you can't even pursue alternative scenarios--not even hypothetically as intellectual exercises that carry no real consequences.

I’m sorry TN, I’ll stop feeding the Troll.

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ignore function has been activated on MiddenMonster.
First time for everything.

I think at this point in time on Fenn’s Chase, it’s really important to look at the man and his motivations. His previous actions are clearly grounds for consideration when deciding to go look for a box that no one has found in 8 years.

The box itself is fake. He claims he paid $25k. There isn’t one single example of his box on the face of this earth that came from 1150 AD, like Fenn claims that it did.

Now who wants to go chase something that Fenn claims is real, but isn’t, because Fenn claims that it is?

Put this in perspective with everything else Fenn has done, like digging up Indian graves without respect to the dead, and ask yourself if this is the kind of guy you would believe would give something to the whole world, when all he did is whole life was take from dead Indian graves and their ancestors.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, I think you are right its a box of hot air. I did think I had found it and we flew out and spent three days near Eagle lake and also at the place where they raised trout..and did locate a possible different buried treasure we couldn't get to near were the water from the trout farm enters the Rio Grande....but FF's treasure wasn't there...met others looking for FFs too and you were right about creating commerce..I imagine the state of New Mexico loves him!

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The ignore function has been activated on MiddenMonster.
First time for everything.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is surprised to see you turn tail and run. Over 29 pages you have refused to defend your theses, and have employed one logical fallacy after another to deflect from doing so. But it is interesting that you went from, "But I do enjoy your kind of crazy! Its refreshing and fun! What else do you have?" to "Ignore" in exactly 1 post. That says a lot right there...

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, I think you are right its a box of hot air. I did think I had found it and we flew out and spent three days near Eagle lake and also at the place where they raised trout..and did locate a possible different buried treasure we couldn't get to near were the water from the trout farm enters the Rio Grande....but FF's treasure wasn't there...met others looking for FFs too and you were right about creating commerce..I imagine the state of New Mexico loves him!
After the loss of life and all of the money spent on looking for lost/dead searchers, I think New Mexico is having second thoughts.
Sad that anyone had to loose their life over something that was never real.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I hate to say this, but you have wasted a lot of time on a myth. Everything in the poem is a generality. It has many different meanings.
There is no starting point. One is required to set the stage so to speak. The area mentioned is to great to search. This should be labeled the FF folly. owl-2.jpg

BingFa9

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Www.bingfa9.com has the solution to Fenn’s poem

I hate to say this, but you have wasted a lot of time on a myth. Everything in the poem is a generality. It has many different meanings.
There is no starting point. One is required to set the stage so to speak. The area mentioned is to great to search. This should be labeled the FF folly. View attachment 1683188

The lead poster is flat out wrong!

I posted the solution to the poem on my website www.bingfa9.com that went live yesterday

The Blaze is the summit of Aspen Peak New Mexico and the longitudinal line from the peak points straight to where fenn hid the treasure chest.

The clues for begin it where warm waters halt and heavy loads and water high are both marked and identified on my map posted at www.bingfa9.com

I was BOTG in the Sangre de Christo Mountains in early June 2019 and I found where fenn hid the treasure chest by lining up the blaze to the hiding spot.

The treasure chest was found a few days before I arrived and the guy that won the Thrill of The Chase is a Caucasian in his mid forties who is heavy set and nearly bald. He will announce his discovery when it suits him and it is in his best interest to do so.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The Blaze is the summit of Aspen Peak New Mexico and the longitudinal line from the peak points straight to where fenn hid the treasure chest.

"Mr. Fenn was reported to have said the treasure chest was hidden at least 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Interestingly enough, the Santa Fe Ski Basin and the trailhead to the Upper Rio en Medio trail, is located approximately 16.5 miles north of down town Santa Fe. Go figure."

I've always thought that Fenn hid the treasure close to where he lived, and never bought into the theories that it was in Colorado or any other state. He would have wanted to keep tabs on it with as little effort as possible. Bummer that you didn't get there a couple of weeks earlier...

BingFa9

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“I've always thought that Fenn hid the treasure close to where he lived, and never bought into the theories that it was in Colorado or any other state. . . [/QUOTE]

Yes I always thought the same thing also. The further he would have drove from his home, the greater the risk that he could have been in a car accident or his car could have broken down, or it could have been stolen at a roadside bathroom break, etc

The Santa Fe Ski Basin parking lot is at the end of Hyde Park park road. It is a 15 minute walk down the Upper Rio en Medio trail. Look for the tree marked in black magic marker with. G2.

Turn left off the trail and go about 200 feet into a area that is wet and has lots of rivulets. This is where he hid it.

The solutions to the fenn clues are posted at www.bingfa9.com in my blog posts

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
So if someone finds it, can Fenn claim ownership and retain the treasure regardless of the clues he provided. Remember the laws vary in different states in regards to treasure trove.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
So if someone finds it, can Fenn claim ownership and retain the treasure regardless of the clues he provided. Remember the laws vary in different states in regards to treasure trove.

Not likely. It would no doubt result in serious legal consequences for Fenn. He set up a contest, i.e. a treasure hunt, promised a reward for whoever finds it and invited the public to participate. Had he retrieved the treasure himself and said, "Game over", I think he would be on solid ground. But since the treasure was allegedly found by a balding, heavy set middle-aged White dude who presumably has possession of it, Fenn would not be in a good legal position to demand it back. It would be similar to putting a couch out at the curb with a sign that says, "Free couch. Take it if you want it.", then trying to file theft charges against someone who loaded it into their pickup and drove off with it.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Not likely. It would no doubt result in serious legal consequences for Fenn. He set up a contest, i.e. a treasure hunt, promised a reward for whoever finds it and invited the public to participate. Had he retrieved the treasure himself and said, "Game over", I think he would be on solid ground. But since the treasure was allegedly found by a balding, heavy set middle-aged White dude who presumably has possession of it, Fenn would not be in a good legal position to demand it back. It would be similar to putting a couch out at the curb with a sign that says, "Free couch. Take it if you want it.", then trying to file theft charges against someone who loaded it into their pickup and drove off with it.

Well, I do hope it is found, it well destroy some facebook group's pages. I dont consider this a true treasure since it was planted to be found. There was a treasure hunt like this in England back in the 70's and it was found, but by the person who wrote the book with the clues under a pen name. I believe it was the hunt for a sterling silver Hare.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Clever solve and true to Fenn’s statements that the first few clues put you close to the treasure.

BingFa9 - since the chest wasn’t there, how did you confirm your solution was correct ?

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BingFa9 - since the chest wasn’t there, how did you confirm your solution was correct ?

If I had a nickel for every time I saw this “My solve was correct,but someone beat me to it “. I would not need to search for the Treasure.

I will agree it is New Mexico.

No one has claimed ownership yet. So............game on!

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Never real?

That would be a twist on your "If I had a nickel for every time..." statement. In this case, it would be, "If I had a SlickNickel for every time I saw this 'My solve was correct, but the treasure hunt was a hoax'...". There seems to be more teeth in BingFa9's information, as he appears to know who found the treasure. So now we wait to see how it pans out. If I found the treasure I wouldn't immediately come forward. I'd consult an attorney and map out the best strategy as to when--and if I go public. You just know that there are a gaggle of IRS agents ready to pounce and value the treasure significantly higher than what it really is.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill announce my findings when it suits me and when I buy a suit

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a twist on your "If I had a nickel for every time..." statement. In this case, it would be, "If I had a SlickNickel for every time I saw this 'My solve was correct, but the treasure hunt was a hoax'...". There seems to be more teeth in BingFa9's information, as he appears to know who found the treasure. So now we wait to see how it pans out. If I found the treasure I wouldn't immediately come forward. I'd consult an attorney and map out the best strategy as to when--and if I go public. You just know that there are a gaggle of IRS agents ready to pounce and value the treasure significantly higher than what it really is.

Yawn

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For something that Fenn said was much easier then he initially thought, it sure is taking a long time to find something that doesn’t exist. But, this solution still holds a tried and true undisputed status.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
For something that Fenn said was much easier then he initially thought, it sure is taking a long time to find something that doesn’t exist. But, this solution still holds a tried and true undisputed status.

We obviously have a serious dichotomy here. You say the treasure wasn't where you thought it would be because it doesn't exist. BingFa9 says that the treasure wasn't where he thought it would be because a bald, heavy set Caucasian guy in his mid forties found it just before he did. Both of you have produced your solves, yours in this thread and BingFa9 on his website: BingFa9 solve site. At least one of you is on the short end of the stick here. At worst, you could be wrong. On the other hand, at worst, BingFa9 would be a liar since in addition to his solve he has provided specific information regarding the person he says found it. So who has more on the line here? You've always shied away from the DDX process, but it would be interesting to see you and BingFa9 go line by line through your solves in an effort to resolve this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread