Cache Hunting Question

K

Kentucky Kache

If you're on a cache site you don't want to use alot of disc. Caches could be buried in any kind of container.

Big K

May 12, 2007
I have the master hunter manual written by KvM I'd be willing to part w/ for alot of $$$$$$ ;) :D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct with the 2 box it is always in all metal mode and you have to dig everything even the faintest and jumpy signals. There is also really no way to tell how deep either. Even without the 2 box if you are cache hunting go all metal it gives you the deeper signals and you do not want to disc. out anything. The detector will pick up the metal box, lid from a jar, iron pot not so much the coins and if it does happen to pick up a coins it probably would be an iffy signal. Just remeber to research research other wise you are wandering around an area god knows how big without a clue, digging every piece of junk out there from the past 200yrs. Good Luck!

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question; no.. a metal detector will only detect the outer container if it is made of metal.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
A large iron box will usually give such a strong return that it will break through your discriminator
circuit, but it is always better to cache hunt without discrimination. Frank

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
treasuretopsites said:
Just bought a Garrett Master Hunter. Have done a little coinshooting but am going to try my hand at cache hunting. My question is ...... if I'm hunting in discriminate mode, and a cache of coins is buried in a metal box, would the coins inside the box still give a signal?

Thanks,

For Cache hunting, never, ever hunt in discriminate mode, always hunt in "All Metal". Actually, if you're using the Garrett Master Hunter with the two box "Bloodhood" it will never detect in discrimination mode. I had an experience detecting a big Spanish cache of gold coins in a farm with a Garrett Master Hunter CXII attached with the two boxes. When I detect the spot, the sound was very strong.

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread