Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That country is not safe to visit or search for buried treasure. Be safe then dead.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be a lot to bury.......

A business man friend of mine did some mission work in South America, one day at Church a man he knew approached him, and wondered if he would ride with him to his house that afternoon to discuss some business.

My friend went, and the man took him out back to a barn, my friend said the bard was full of bales of US currency.

He wanted help to launder the money.

It seems some what hard to believe, but I have known this man my whole life, and he does not tell stories.

He declined the offer.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 3. If anybody stole any of that money, the owner, who are drug dealers would kill them and their families. I change my mind and agree with Hobo. I am wondering if he is really a Hobo.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I've never seen a hobo with a laptop but I could be wrong. Before you say I'm pounding
sand I've seen hundreds and worked with a team handing out winter clothing in Santa Fe.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That country is not safe to visit or search for buried treasure. Be safe then dead.

That is a quote from someone that has never visited Columbia! Been there several times (after the military), and I have a buddy there right now, and he goes there every few months. And if you are thinking that he can because he is Columbian, you would be wrong! He is Chinese, and doesn't speak a ton of Spanish. Nothing wrong with visiting Columbia.

Mike

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as looking for Pablo Escobar's cash, ain't no way in the world I'd even whisper it, much less look for it. As Honest Samuel said, they'd kill you and your family. But they'd also kill your dog, cat, gold fish, yard grass, swing set, neighborhood, and anything else in their path.

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
It's not about going out and looking for it. Its about finding the map (it exist, as did his book keeper the nickname blackbeard because he did have a black beard). But if the DEA never got their hands on it then it's out there.

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pablo had an accountant in charge of mapping where he buried mass amounts of cash throughout Columbia. They nicknamed him Blackbeard (true story). Does anyone know of this or know if the government or DEA or anyone else found the map. Has all the cash been recovered?
I'm sure a large part has been found. No doubt.
The question is how much of a fortune he really amassed and stashed?
I won't be surprise if the ELN has in some form gotten some of that loot, if not all. ELN is the Ejercito de Liberacion Nacional -Spanish- or National Liberation Army.
They're basically the top of the Colombian Guerrilla a well financed thru drug trafficking militia organizations.
Right now they're very strong.
They ruthlessly rule from the heart of jungles and mountains alongside the Venezuelan border, and yeah...I wouldn't advice anyone to expose themselves to some bad moments by going there...
You would be attracting some unwanted attention for what you're going after...

Last edited:

DamonDash

Nov 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pablo had an accountant in charge of mapping where he buried mass amounts of cash throughout Columbia. They nicknamed him Blackbeard (true story). Does anyone know of this or know if the government or DEA or anyone else found the map. Has all the cash been recovered?

The CIA still estimates there to be over 100 burial sites each containing 1/2 a Billion to a Billion in cash. Most none have been recovered and still remain buried.

Just today a story ran about a Columbian farmer finding and digging up barrels containing over $600,000,000 in Pablo Escobar's cash while digging an irrigation slot... That's just the tip of it.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not go looking for it, if I was you.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#16, I am wondering what happen to the farmer when word got out about him finding all that cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread