You Found The Treasure Cache - Now What?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You were detecting in the woods behind a well known organized crime member's home, in a wealthy suburb of New York City, when you got a sweet signal and started digging. This is what you found - Lots of One-ounce gold coins. Now what do you do?

If you'd actually dug these I truly hope this is the last place you'd post those coins and ask that question. This idea of yours (to post) hopefully came after 4-5 beers. But to each there own.... TreasureNet is the LAST PLACE I'd ever post a pic and story of finding a bunch of gold coins. Even if I found them under some rocks in 2 old leather bags deep in the woods I wouldn't put them on T-Net. But if I was ever that lucky.....

I'd sell property I don't need, pay off any remaining debts and buy a new vehicle. After that I'd build a new shop and buy a bunch of new machinery. Then go gambling and horseshoe MD'ing. That's all I'd do... but each to there own thoughts.... Brad

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limi, I have posted a picture of a mule load of silver coins in here - course thay were from a robbery in the 1800s in Ole Mexico and the statute of limitations had run out ( I thiink - :laughing7: )

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were detecting in the woods behind a well known organized crime member's home, in a wealthy suburb of New York City, when you got a sweet signal and started digging. This is what you found - Lots of One-ounce gold coins. Now what do you do?

Organized crime member?
Well...make sure a few of those coins end up at the "competing" organized crime families house.
Join the "organization"...
I wouldn't hire Ronda Rousey for protection...she got knocked out by a girl!!
get you butt to a place you know well, like Arizona....hint,hint Terry...
Make sure an archaeologist finds a few coins there....

Last edited:

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to comment, I know none of these posters, or person(s) who may have found the cache. I live on a small UN-named island in the south Pacific and i died last year.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Terry, I have to offer the only neighborly thing to do.....I would be glad to hold it for you for safe keeping.....I could probably make room for 200k in gold if I tried hard enough......LOL

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
what would i do, hmmmm
fig out how to spend it and spend it
where did you say, your greatest find party was again

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
OMERTA --- if you don't know what this means now would be a good time to consult urbandictionary.com
HH
-spyguy

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell them to Stack's & Bowers directly or in one of their auctions, in New York City. I do not work for them. Good luck.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would move to Los Angeles and change my name to Dan Goldman.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. never tell a sole
2. put it in a safe
3. only sell one or 2 at a time

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No self respecting crime member would bury treasure in the woods. So I think you are safe.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No self respecting crime member would bury treasure in the woods. So I think you are safe.

Whew!!! Thank goodness!!!! :hello2: Well this changes everything! :skullflag:

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
If you'd actually dug these I truly hope this is the last place you'd post those coins and ask that question. This idea of yours (to post) hopefully came after 4-5 beers. But to each there own.... TreasureNet is the LAST PLACE I'd ever post a pic and story of finding a bunch of gold coins. Even if I found them under some rocks in 2 old leather bags deep in the woods I wouldn't put them on T-Net. But if I was ever that lucky.....

I'd sell property I don't need, pay off any remaining debts and buy a new vehicle. After that I'd build a new shop and buy a bunch of new machinery. Then go gambling and horseshoe MD'ing. That's all I'd do... but each to there own thoughts.... Brad

That is as sad as 'if a farmer won the lottery' - he'd keep farming till all the money was gone :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread