You Found The Treasure Cache - Now What?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is as sad as 'if a farmer won the lottery' - he'd keep farming till all the money was gone :D

Not... your statement is like comparing apples to oranges. The lottery is something all would know about (even Govt.). Finding a treasure trove of wealth (which nobody knows about) no matter if it's worth only $250.000 thousand (or close) or a horde of gold or silver bars worth much more you'd have to be REAL SMART!

Winning a big lottery is something entirely different... :thumbsup:

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lonestar, Fisher F2, Fisher F4, Whites Coinmaster GT. WTB XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You were detecting in the woods behind a well known organized crime member's home, in a wealthy suburb of New York City, when you got a sweet signal and started digging. This is what you found - Lots of One-ounce gold coins. Now what do you do?

1.) Make sure nobody knows about it.

2.) Sell 1-2 coins at different coin shops across the country so that I can quit my job and pursue a life of treasure hunting.

3.) Hide small cache's all over the country and use it to promote my book sales and open an online business selling treasure hunting equipment so that I have other sources of income in order to never work my real job again.

4.) Leave it the rest for my daughter's future, use it to help her pay for some college and let her decide what to do with the rest in 20 years.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No self respecting crime member would bury treasure in the woods. So I think you are safe.
Are you willing bet Terry life on it? Terry should tell us if he did research that the coins were there, or he just found them.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the coins, 1977 South African Krugerrands ( 1977 South Africa 1 oz Gold Krugerrand | 1 oz Gold Krugerrands | APMEX ) in the early 1980s Honest Samuel. I traded them for a large shipment of guns and ammunition, which I sold to a Central American for a substantial profit. I laundered the money through my gold prospecting school in Congress, Arizona, "Arizona Gold Adventures," in the 1990s through 2011, and now I live a life of travel and treasure hunting around the globe.

I hope that clears it up for you HS. :skullflag:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for annominaty! :D:sly:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No self respecting crime member would bury treasure in the woods. So I think you are safe.

Are you willing to bet Terry life on it? I do.

$ 46, Now all of us know that the FBI and the CIA is looking for Terry, and their reward is 100 Millions dollars, dead or alive. Where are you Terry? I need the money.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
are they dated?

send a couple to me for verification

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take them home put them in my safe, & keep my trap shut !! To many people want to brag about what they find just to prove to themselves & the world that they are good treasure hunters. My hunting partner is like that. If someone comes along & asks what we are finding, he feels the need to tell them every last item. I, on the other hand will just say " not finding much today". I do like to share some of my finds on Treasurenet, but its just that, Its sharing. Most of my finds have little or no monetary value. I could dig up a 5 million dollar cache of gold bars, & you would never see it in the paper, on T.V. or online anywhere.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Seriously? Get a passport, drive to Texas/Arizona/New Mexico/California and cross over into Mexico. Sell the coins in Mexico and then come back across into the US after getting a bank draft/Certified check. Make a business deal while in Mexico to buy something to sell in the US and then make the check be part of the "Business Deal". That's if you are going to stay in the US. Otherwise "take the money and run" I always wanted to go to New Zeland or Down Under. LOL

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Naw, he's been brain dead for years. :skullflag:

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? Get a passport, drive to Texas/Arizona/New Mexico/California and cross over into Mexico. Sell the coins in Mexico and then come back across into the US after getting a bank draft/Certified check. Make a business deal while in Mexico to buy something to sell in the US and then make the check be part of the "Business Deal". That's if you are going to stay in the US. Otherwise "take the money and run" I always wanted to go to New Zeland or Down Under. LOL

Better hope they don't .check u going into Mexico. I would never wander around the country with a 1,000,000 $ s also I would never keep it in my home. If the Feds ever got a hint you had it they would coma knockin with a search warrant. IMO I would bury most of it in the flat desert about 10 miles from my home near NO landmarks, use a gps and keep the coords in my memory.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used a welding torch to melt the coins, and poured them into Troy-pound ingots. I also tried my hand at pouring some man-made "gold nuggets." I used our gold claims to launder the gold, and sold it through cash deals and on-the-books sales to refineries.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still want to buy that ocean front property in Arizona?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been holding mine for almost 30-years now. :dontknow:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a welding torch to melt the coins, and poured them into Troy-pound ingots. I also tried my hand at pouring some man-made "gold nuggets." I used our gold claims to launder the gold, and sold it through cash deals and on-the-books sales to refineries.
I will forward this information to the FBI. Off to jail you will go. Run Terry Run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions