You Found The Treasure Cache - Now What?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better hope they don't .check u going into Mexico. I would never wander around the country with a 1,000,000 $ s also I would never keep it in my home. If the Feds ever got a hint you had it they would coma knockin with a search warrant. IMO I would bury most of it in the flat desert about 10 miles from my home near NO landmarks, use a gps and keep the coords in my memory.

Maybe better to bury in 3 different locations in the desert on BLM land, that way the govt could own it all, but I could have it whenever I wanted it.:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to FIND it first, then i can worry about liquidation!

Wildlifeliving

Greenie
Feb 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if u want to sell it, how do you proceed in reality, I guess if its something big u cant do it that secretly if u want the best price u go to an auction? For example to what extent does this man who found this big piece have to say who he is or were he found it, I mean he can say he found it on his property or on public land, but does he have to prove it to some authority?
100 ounce gold nugget sells for $400,000 - CNN.com

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell through a coin auction all the coins treasure that you find in your life. Good hunting and good luck.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well played, Terry..........
Make everything as obvious as possible and hide it all out in the open.........well played........:notworthy:

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if u want to sell it, how do you proceed in reality, I guess if its something big u cant do it that secretly if u want the best price u go to an auction? For example to what extent does this man who found this big piece have to say who he is or were he found it, I mean he can say he found it on his property or on public land, but does he have to prove it to some authority?
100 ounce gold nugget sells for $400,000 - CNN.com

I dont sell much but when l do l sell to private collector friends. Cash.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody: always pay your state and federal income taxes on all income. Connecticut has state income taxes which is outrages.

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would only show two of my fifty stacks of coins. The treasure would still be impressive, but would probably dissuade people from showing up at my door with a blowtorch.
Cheers!

giuhalftrack

Jul 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
BFO's (DIY), Tesoro Silver, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to buy my new maserati ...

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What would stop The Mob from finding out the owner of the coins sold via private auction ? Anybody (except maybe James Bond) would willing to talk when their testicles are confronted by a pair of pliers.

Silvertip1958

Mar 8, 2013
1. You count the containers and then only take one.
2. With the gold you buy the identical containers.
3. Have identical weighted coins made and plated gold.
4. Go back and remove the real gold and replace it with the fake.
In all likelyhood, they will leave the gold buried there for years and may only add to it. You sell everything you own and disappear.
You drive around the country and sell the coins one at a time in coin stores. Buy a cabin in the mountains out west with a view of approach for a mile. Dig an escape tunnel under the cabin and leave a dirt bike at the tunnel end. Live nicely for years, but always look over your shoulder and watch your back.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Terry, now you know that in modern times, most people are smart enough to have at least some sort of technology watching their stash. If they have cameras at the house, more than likely they have at least one or two watching the gold. Even if not real tech savvy, a couple of game trail cameras could be set up so in all likelyhood, you were under surveillance the moment you grabbed the loot and ran. The may wait for you to launder it for them and then you just disappear (people do and are never found) and take over your holdings or one day you get a visit (and if you're lucky, just broke legs) and they get their gold back. As beans said, not likely that organized crime boss would bury it. But I'll give the scenario a shot. You find it, spirit it out with no incident, then what do you do? Don't post it, Don't broadcast your find. Don't even share with friends. Keep quiet. Loose lips sink ships and the more that know the more likely to be caught. After that, found what???

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm pretty sure if he really was seen by "The Mob" he would've gotten a friendly visit by now. Money is the only thing they care about.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some very good reasons why, when the miser down street dies people are shocked to discover he was far from poor...practice a few of those.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still dont see whats wrong with sending an anonymous email to nigeria asking for help?

Chub

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some part of me wants to think this is an early April Fools.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread