Chimney bases

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Anyone ever found or heard of a cashe found around the BASE of chimneys, under the houses of old places (chimney foundations)? I know of an old place hunted out, but has a chimney that goes through the floor and the place is on old blocks, up about three feet, so access under the house is no problem. It is all dirt around the base. I guess people put stuff everywhere else, I guess I should dig around it? I tried behind the old concrete (one poured big chunk) steps, no luck.
Thanks

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Although I have never found a cache in a Chimney base, I understand it has been used as a place to stash cash.

I have heard of caches being put and found there.

It would not hurt to look.

OP
OP
B

becket

Jun 3, 2007
thanks, dumb Q I guess, I should just get under there and check it. Thinking about my really crappy knees, but it would be worse wondering about it at night ;)!

K

Kentucky Kache

I've never found a cache at the base of a chimney, but I would think it would be an excellent place to hide one. I just wish I had a few old chimneys to search around.

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
you all remember string-bean on the hee-haw show..he cached his money
inside the chimney..it never was found until years after his unfortunate death

the new owner found 200K in scorched bills inside the chimney...

I believe that amt is correct...

M

miser

I also hear that sometimes a coin (sometimes gold) was buried beneath the chimney base when they were built for good luck.

Don't know how true that is, but I heard it from a couple of old timers.

OP
OP
B

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Let y'all know soon as I hit it again,i will look extra close for that one coin, hadn't heard that before, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread