supposedly many caches hidden around this one

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
..... OK, so I grew up in WV near Indian Camp in Upshur County, an Indian Camp older than recorded time here in America.. My whole life I have heard tidbits of a supposed Silver Mine at Indian Camp. --- CAN ANYONE FIND REFERENCE TO THIS SILVER MINE.? (Indian record.? Indian Tales.?) ..... throughout my life I have heard enough about this supposed mine to whole heartedly believe that it is there. ..... I was really close to the family that found the strange tools in a cave, and later that family found four silver bars while plowing a field. ..... by reading the McWhorter papers it appears that there was a copy of Jonathan Swift's journal given to Judge Richard Apperson that also describes this silver mine and hidden caches ........... seems logical that this could be a Swift Mine .... It is my personal belief that maps aren't going to help ANYONE with this search (America hadn't even been rightfully surveyed by the time most of these mines were supposedly hidden). ........... The hills of West Virginia (as others have pointed out) would have been a more likely place to hide. ..... and oddly enough, a couple hills over from Indian Camp is French Creek (Indian Camp is actually in French Creek). ............... Jonathan Swift supposedly learned of the Silver mines from the Indians, his guide was supposedly Indian or French/Indian ....... There's Too Much Evidence to point to the fact that this mine is there. ..... I'm looking for a Hunting Partner, anyone interested.? ..... I'm going to Indian Camp tomorrow for a day out with the family to scout arround and take pictures

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since silver bars were found, the story is true. Try tracking down Indians who live near by, and check history books and old newspapers. Good hunting and good luck.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
How do we know silver bars were found? Did you see and test them? Rumors are not grounds for
avoiding research. On a side note the Swift silver came from silver mines in Colorado. This information
has been available for years but people still search the wrong places.

OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Since silver bars were found, the story is true. Try tracking down Indians who live near by, and check history books and old newspapers. Good hunting and good luck.

Indians were drove away from this area long ago ... ive been out there in them woodz, i grew up there (sorry the hillbilly comes outta me sometimez) .... anyway, ive seen every marker referenced here, McW granted, I saw all of these markers, the smeltering cave, the mine, the drill marks on the blue rock (I even found an arrow carved in a rock pointing towardz the smeltering cave) ... It's real eazy to forget where EXACTLY these places are located they are so well covered with trees that after 10 yearz time of being out there I juzt walked past the smelter TWICE yesterday, and couldn't find it. (i'll post photos when I do) ... ive started a personal journal here somewhere

OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
.... and for yall'z knowledge it waz my family that found the strange toolz in a cave and the four barz in a field

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
So you did see the bars and know positively they are silver? What did the family do with them?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im confused. You know where bars and tools were found but you cant find the mine? Have you talked with thefamily member who found the tools and bars? Maybe there is a reason you dont know where the mine is? Pictures of the tools and silver bars please. No pictures, it didnt happen.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, # 10, is not funny, about traded a whole bunch of Chucky Cheese tokens to a immigrant foreigner working behind the counter down at the beer store... told him they were $1 Presidential Hillary coins, but crimes. Shame on you. You belong in jail and not on this forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
well ... it looks like I am off of this site ... I will not me returning ..... EVERYONE KNOWS MY EMAIL, If anyone iz interested in this look me up ......... this is the last summer that treasure will be out in them hillz

OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
# 10, what you did is not funny, but crimes. Shame on you. You belong in jail and not on this forum.

if you are typing in reference to me, then please let me know what you are referencing (although, I will not be here)

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Twiz!

I too have been looking for the Swift mines for years...if you look you will find a whole area dedicated to Legends and one of them is the Lost mines of JS....we have even had meetings where some of us got together and shared info...why would Swift go to Colorado? Tons of Silver right in KY....and there is those who say he was a pirate-all theories without proof..Don't let anyone discourage you ..in Swifts time no one really knew the Colorado area was there except the Spanish. I don't have proof but some do. like the purity of the silver in the coins kept him form being jailed as a counterfeiter, and there is records in Louisiana about his insuring ships thru Lloyd's of London...all kinds of neat stuff out there. Please do post some pictures of the smelter.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well ... it looks like I am off of this site ... I will not me returning ..... EVERYONE KNOWS MY EMAIL, If anyone iz interested in this look me up ......... this is the last summer that treasure will be out in them hillz

So long twitz! wont miss ya!

OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Twiz!

I too have been looking for the Swift mines for years...if you look you will find a whole area dedicated to Legends and one of them is the Lost mines of JS....we have even had meetings where some of us got together and shared info...why would Swift go to Colorado? Tons of Silver right in KY....and there is those who say he was a pirate-all theories without proof..Don't let anyone discourage you ..in Swifts time no one really knew the Colorado area was there except the Spanish. I don't have proof but some do. like the purity of the silver in the coins kept him form being jailed as a counterfeiter, and there is records in Louisiana about his insuring ships thru Lloyd's of London...all kinds of neat stuff out there. Please do post some pictures of the smelter.

please drop me a line at my email, i would luv to chat with you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread