G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me explain

2 guys that come in the place i work have lost $15,000.they buried someplace on their property and now they can't find it, and they won't let anyone help them look.Neither one of them is the brightest crayon in the box......lol, but If i was going to stash some cash i sure would know where i put it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes indeed its "lost" isn't it---they don't have to be dead---what if a person got hit in the head and lost their memory or mind and thus could not remember where they put their money at---yes indeed its a cache---Ivan

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
gods country girl said:
let me explain

2 guys that come in the place i work have lost $15,000.they buried someplace on their property and now they can't find it, and they won't let anyone help them look.Neither one of them is the brightest crayon in the box......lol, but If i was going to stash some cash i sure would know where i put it.
<Larry the Cable Guy voice> Sounds like they need to recreate the same conditions for when they buried it. Give'em a 12-pack each to jog their memories and they'll make a beeline right to the location. Git-r-done! </Larry the Cable Guy voice>
:D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gods country girl said:
let me explain

Simplest Solution.

Make a Note of it in a safe place with as
many details as you can.

wait till they are both gone.

Get permission from the new owner to search for it.

If they outlive everyone, Maby a Future Detectorist
will read the story in a Treasure Magazine in 2050
& take a Whites DFX27-PRO or
a Minelab Explorer 56-E-I-E-I-O PRO

And go find it ;D

Then post it on TreasureNet for our Grandkids to Enjoy ;)

K

Kentucky Kache

If this can happen today, think of how many times it could have happened when most people hid their money. It gives weight to some of the old cache stories.

OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it's stolen loot. They are 2 older guys that don't trust banks.I guess they don't trust anyone since they won't let anyone help them look for it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
watch out if they "offer" to let only you search for it for $ amount of money (upfront of course) it could be a form of con game --- works great on greedy or dumb folks all the time--- since it the "treasure" doesn't exist in the first place ---(any deals should be based upon the after its found value --with no money from you up front in any way) Ivan

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these the old guys from Second Hand Lions? ;D

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Ok, I'll give this up, I'm new here and wasn't going to, embarrasing as it is. I buried "something" not too valuable years ago, a "for that future rainy day' thing, centered in a triangle of trees. So long ago, at least twenty+ years, but I only recently decided its time to dig it up and check it out at today's price (not gold, sorry!). I went to the place on a friend's family member's large property in the woods, and they had JUST CLEARED IT for a house! Marker trees (and most all others) are now history, and I have dug every old piece of trash and wire around, along with tons of wishful "maybe it was here" holes. So yup, I actually have lost my own cashe! BUT, it really made me think of how many others that are out there that people just plain forgot to check periodically because of the current slight value, or just didn't need the $ until many years later. MAKE YOURSELF SOME PERMANENT TYPE OF MARKER, don't rely on the trees like I did! And another thing; I buried it long before I was into detecting, in a place full of old wire and trash, metal hunks, etc. Find a place WITHOUT any metal around, bury the stash, put a couple of layers of trash metal on top; that way, if it is detected, the person may give up after digging two trash targets, thinking the third (your cashe!) is another piec of crud (Thats why you always check your holes after removing the initial target!). Then you wont have to dig a gazillion holes to find your stash, saving precious time, and new holes dug from prying eyes...
Ok, send the laughing flames now, got my suit on ;)
HH Becket

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens to the best of us. Need I remind everyone that I carefully stashed a baseball card of Honus Wagner that may be worth many $$$$ and can't find it? I am about to tear the house upside sown for the third time in as many months. I remember thinking at the time, "I'll put it here where no burglar is apt to find it and it will be safe form being worn and torn from ill use". Dang if it isn't REALLY safe wherever I put it! M :'( nty

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Re: 'what was it', just a little tube of silver quarters I had many years ago, not worth alot then, but squat now at current face values. I wont be burying any more, tell you that! Glad I learned the easy way...
Sorry it was so mundane, but at least you can sleep now 8)

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long ago was it stashed? $15,000 is probably in paper money and if it is in a mason jar with a plastic lid...good luck.

T

TreasureTales

Land formations change, rivers move, lakes are built, things change. The BEST way to find a cache you buried is to get the GPS coordinates for the site immediately after you bury it. Then tattoo the coordinates on your underarm. Then where ever you go, the secret is always with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread