May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
e
Hi Dave,
I'm certainly not trying to convince anybody of anything. Just havin a little fun by sharing some of the files I've saved over the years. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of people like me that like to read stories like this. I thought that's one of the things forums were created for, to share info with people who have the same interests? No?

You're right, it seem MOST treasure IS found by accident.

Most finds are probably not reported, especially those found by persons hunting for them ,so no one will ever know how many have been found.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've always wondered if it was true that this couple found these coins on their own property? Of course they COULD be telling the truth ........................... but if/when I find a large cache ............................... IT'S GONNA BE ON MY OWN PROPERTY, if you know what I mean? I know, everybody always says "keep your mouth shut about it", but in reality, how do you liquidate them without anybody finding out about it. It looks to me as if that would be nearly impossible. And what good are they if you don't liquidate?

I gotta tell you, I would give the IRS the share that they would want to steal, (and steal it is in my book), and live happily ever after! Would good would it do you if you keep them hidden?

Sell a few off at a time to try to hide it? No siree not me, I'm selling them in all one chunk just like this couple did.

"Finding them on my own property" would avoid most any legal dispute.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the couple did find the gold coins on their land. It is interesting that they did not search their land with their metal detectors. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe the couple did find the gold coins on their land. It is interesting that they did not search their land with their metal detectors. Good hunting and good luck.

Yes they may have found it on their own ground. I don't have any info that could dispute that. It was just a thought of mine ................. did they maybe find it somewhere else and got really smart and claimed it was on their own ground? That's what I would do.

So you're saying that they had metal detectors but didn't use them?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that you all find more caches this year then last year. Good hunting and good luck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find a cache of gold, remember the Feds want a tax on it the year you find it.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find any type of treasures, you have to pay taxes only after you sell it. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions