Caches Found And Caches Waiting To Be Found

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This thread is dedicated to all the people who have tried to set those of us who believe money was buried and never recovered by the people who buried it, straight. Thank you for enlightening us to the fact that all stories of buried treasures are nothing more than fairy tales, hoaxes, and lies. We wanted to believe that buried treasures did and still do exist, but thanks to you non-believers, we now know better!Wait just a doggone minute ............................ what are THESE stories below?????????

Ohio mill.jpg

:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Ballew.jpg Ballew 2.jpg Ballew 3.jpg

:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

This one is "edited" because it's still one of my dozens and dozens of "Hot Spots".
happy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:icon_scratch:

Edited (still one of my dozens and dozens of "Hot Spots")
Scan_20151020 (2).jpg

Scan_20151020 (3).jpg

Scan_20151020 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Who was claiming that caches don't exist and no one ever buried their money? That's absurd. However, your news articles do seem to confirm another opinion...that most such caches are recovered because

1. The person burying it left directions, or (more commonly)...
2. It was found by complete accident.

If I had a line on a sure thing, I'd do what I needed to do to get it. If I needed help, I'd recruit it. If I needed equipment, I'd buy it. If I couldn't afford that equipment, I'd borrow and/or sell what was necessary in order to afford it and then I'd go get my damned loot.

That's one of the more common issues that I (and most of the other skeptics) have with many of the treasure tales around here - it's always a sure thing, but there's always some reason why it can't be done. If I was sure that it was there, I would not have excuses. I'd have treasure.

Is there valuable stuff buried out there? Undoubtedly. If you know where it is, quit trying to convince a bunch of strangers on a forum that it exists and go get it. That sort of proof is difficult to argue with. Unattributed, heavily edited blurbs of unknown provenance are less convincing.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Who was claiming that caches don't exist and no one ever buried their money? That's absurd. However, your news articles do seem to confirm another opinion...that most such caches are recovered because

1. The person burying it left directions, or (more commonly)...
2. It was found by complete accident.

If I had a line on a sure thing, I'd do what I needed to do to get it. If I needed help, I'd recruit it. If I needed equipment, I'd buy it. If I couldn't afford that equipment, I'd borrow and/or sell what was necessary in order to afford it and then I'd go get my damned loot.

That's one of the more common issues that I (and most of the other skeptics) have with many of the treasure tales around here - it's always a sure thing, but there's always some reason why it can't be done. If I was sure that it was there, I would not have excuses. I'd have treasure.

Is there valuable stuff buried out there? Undoubtedly. If you know where it is, quit trying to convince a bunch of strangers on a forum that it exists and go get it. That sort of proof is difficult to argue with. Unattributed, heavily edited blurbs of unknown provenance are less convincing.
e
Hi Dave,
I'm certainly not trying to convince anybody of anything. Just havin a little fun by sharing some of the files I've saved over the years. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of people like me that like to read stories like this. I thought that's one of the things forums were created for, to share info with people who have the same interests? No?

You're right, it seem MOST treasure IS found by accident.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Just havin a little fun by sharing some of the files I've saved over the years. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of people like me that like to read stories like this. I thought that's one of the things forums were created for, to share info with people who have the same interests? No?

Indeed. The intro just seemed a bit adversarial is all. But I certainly agree, it's out there.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a small cache once. Didn't realize what it was until day 3. A field where once a colonial town stood. In an area maybe 8' x 8', more or less, you forget the older you get, found 9 colonial and early American coppers which apparently had been buried, next to an old canal near the town. Somebody buried their "stash" ca 1810.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread