Fenn hunters beware of he two attacks this past week wTs

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I am plenty burned about one of the Fenn treasure forums. I made a post warning people about bears and it was deleted. I realize the big money these guys are making with their forum and they don't want to lose one cent. That is disgusting.

There have been two bear attacks in the past week. One group was three women in a hot Fenn area, I understand if someone gets attacked by a bear they don't want other people to know they are Fenn hunters.

The two attacks in the past week were both due to a bear feeding on a carcass. One attack the guy tried to scare the bear away. Bad mistake.

Another attack a few weeks ago the guy got off a shot of his pepper spray but the bear was charging so fast it went right through the cloud and then started to chew him up. Then the bear made a grunt sound and ran back to check on its cubs. The guy thought he was safe and slowly started to walk away. The bear came charging back and the guy did not have time to use his spray or gun.

Right now, day and night the bears are feeding for Winter. Use extreme care.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I am plenty burned about one of the Fenn treasure forums. I made a post warning people about bears and it was deleted. I realize the big money these guys are making with their forum and they don't want to lose one cent. That is disgusting.

There have been two bear attacks in the past week. One group was three women in a hot Fenn area, I understand if someone gets attacked by a bear they don't want other people to know they are Fenn hunters.

The two attacks in the past week were both due to a bear feeding on a carcass. One attack the guy tried to scare the bear away. Bad mistake.

Another attack a few weeks ago the guy got off a shot of his pepper spray but the bear was charging so fast it went right through the cloud and then started to chew him up. Then the bear made a grunt sound and ran back to check on its cubs. The guy thought he was safe and slowly started to walk away. The bear came charging back and the guy did not have time to use his spray or gun.

Right now, day and night the bears are feeding for Winter. Use extreme care.

Yes sir, animals are trying yup pack on the lbs for winter. Just got chased off by coyotes last night. Be careful all.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My mommy did not give me birth, just to be eaten by big animals.
Good thing you are not a brown or grizzly or your mom would have been scarred up trying to keep you from being eaten/ killed as a cub by a male.
IF she could defend you without being killed.
Bears cop attitudes after getting slapped around by other bears and will dominate( including some humans) as best they can.
We are not the top predators.
Just fragile eggshells in comparison. Tough as we are.

It's great that you are insulated from large bears.
Not all are ....regardless of their mothers intent.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When my brother and I went into areas where black bears were we had the first 2 rounds under the hammer as Snake/Rat Shot for snakes and bears. For Bears the idea was to try and shoot them in the face , blinding them and having blood in the face so they couldn't smell us either , and then try and get away. If the bear is close, less than 50 yards you can't out run them. Almost like I have been told about gators, very fast for short distance, 100 yards or less.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When running from an alligator be sure to zigzag because they can only run fast in a straight line.

Is that sound advice or myth ?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read today, bears are everywhere. This is not normal. Fenn ought to put out a statement telling people to stay away from the bear habitat this time of year. Oh well, maybe after a few more attacks people will get street smart and remember where they are on the food chain.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too soon to say if he was a Fenn hunter and they may never say, but sadly, some hiker fell to his death. Witnesses said he hiked off the trail and fell. It took all day to get help to him and he had already passed. For those who don't know, there are no guard rails or safety nets. The mountains got snow and ice on them. A little layer of wind-blown dirt on top of the ice turns to mud and you can't see it and EXTREMELY SLIPPERY. If you are not a seasoned mountaineer with all the ice climbing equipment, stay home.

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
When running from an alligator be sure to zigzag because they can only run fast in a straight line.

Is that sound advice or myth ?

If your gator country you don't need to run very far. You run and climb the closest tree. Better to be tree'd than eaten after running zig-zag.

We have had 2 bear attacks , One lady was in camp with her gun in her lap after seeing it around earlyer in the day
and fell asleep, Bear bit her head from behind. Husband and her beat it off she drop the gun during the attack.

Hell, we have had 6 deaths from Bee Attacks this year. Not the way I want to die.

We have too many people that are not aware of their surroundings, Selfie picture stupidity and Stupidity.

You cant fix Stupid!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still not going in the woods due to bees.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An elk hunter in Montana got attacked in the same general area the group of three women. This time the guy had shot an elk but it wasn't dead so he came back the next day to get it. He was walking very quietly in fresh snow because he didn't know if the elk was dead yet. The bear apparently had claimed the elk and jumped him by surprise. After the initial maulling, the bear left and gave him enough time to get out his bear spray. Next attack he sprayed him right in the face (got his own face, too) and the bear left but not far. He could hear him grunting and the bear came back for the third time. No more bear spray left so he threw the can at him. It was enough to ward him off so he escaped. Make human noise, don't travel alone, as a group hopefully will have more cans of bear spray. They said the sound of a firearm can actually attract the bear to your area. You know, dinner bell. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions