Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree23Likes
  • 8 Post By signal_line
  • 3 Post By Tpmetal
  • 4 Post By Honest Samuel
  • 2 Post By releventchair
  • 2 Post By audigger53
  • 1 Post By Ryano
  • 1 Post By Chiltepin
  • 1 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By Honest Samuel

Thread: Fenn hunters beware of he two attacks this past week wTs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    289 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Fenn hunters beware of he two attacks this past week wTs

I have to say I am plenty burned about one of the Fenn treasure forums. I made a post warning people about bears and it was deleted. I realize the big money these guys are making with their forum and they don't want to lose one cent. That is disgusting.

There have been two bear attacks in the past week. One group was three women in a hot Fenn area, I understand if someone gets attacked by a bear they don't want other people to know they are Fenn hunters.

The two attacks in the past week were both due to a bear feeding on a carcass. One attack the guy tried to scare the bear away. Bad mistake.

Another attack a few weeks ago the guy got off a shot of his pepper spray but the bear was charging so fast it went right through the cloud and then started to chew him up. Then the bear made a grunt sound and ran back to check on its cubs. The guy thought he was safe and slowly started to walk away. The bear came charging back and the guy did not have time to use his spray or gun.

Right now, day and night the bears are feeding for Winter. Use extreme care.
    Honest Samuel, T.C., davin and 5 others like this.
    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    1671 times
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    I have to say I am plenty burned about one of the Fenn treasure forums. I made a post warning people about bears and it was deleted. I realize the big money these guys are making with their forum and they don't want to lose one cent. That is disgusting.

There have been two bear attacks in the past week. One group was three women in a hot Fenn area, I understand if someone gets attacked by a bear they don't want other people to know they are Fenn hunters.

The two attacks in the past week were both due to a bear feeding on a carcass. One attack the guy tried to scare the bear away. Bad mistake.

Another attack a few weeks ago the guy got off a shot of his pepper spray but the bear was charging so fast it went right through the cloud and then started to chew him up. Then the bear made a grunt sound and ran back to check on its cubs. The guy thought he was safe and slowly started to walk away. The bear came charging back and the guy did not have time to use his spray or gun.

Right now, day and night the bears are feeding for Winter. Use extreme care.
    Yes sir, animals are trying yup pack on the lbs for winter. Just got chased off by coyotes last night. Be careful all.
    miboje, audigger53 and davin like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1966 times
    My mommy did not give me birth, just to be eaten by big animals.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    11042 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    My mommy did not give me birth, just to be eaten by big animals.
    Good thing you are not a brown or grizzly or your mom would have been scarred up trying to keep you from being eaten/ killed as a cub by a male.
    IF she could defend you without being killed.
    Bears cop attitudes after getting slapped around by other bears and will dominate( including some humans) as best they can.
    We are not the top predators.
    Just fragile eggshells in comparison. Tough as we are.

It's great that you are insulated from large bears.
    Not all are ....regardless of their mothers intent.
    audigger53 and Honest Samuel like this.

us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    2581 times
    Cache Hunting
    When my brother and I went into areas where black bears were we had the first 2 rounds under the hammer as Snake/Rat Shot for snakes and bears. For Bears the idea was to try and shoot them in the face , blinding them and having blood in the face so they couldn't smell us either , and then try and get away. If the bear is close, less than 50 yards you can't out run them. Almost like I have been told about gators, very fast for short distance, 100 yards or less.
    Honest Samuel and miboje like this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    217 times
    Cache Hunting
    When running from an alligator be sure to zigzag because they can only run fast in a straight line.

Is that sound advice or myth ?
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    289 times
    Just read today, bears are everywhere. This is not normal. Fenn ought to put out a statement telling people to stay away from the bear habitat this time of year. Oh well, maybe after a few more attacks people will get street smart and remember where they are on the food chain.
    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.

us
    Nov 2011
    289 times
    Too soon to say if he was a Fenn hunter and they may never say, but sadly, some hiker fell to his death. Witnesses said he hiked off the trail and fell. It took all day to get help to him and he had already passed. For those who don't know, there are no guard rails or safety nets. The mountains got snow and ice on them. A little layer of wind-blown dirt on top of the ice turns to mud and you can't see it and EXTREMELY SLIPPERY. If you are not a seasoned mountaineer with all the ice climbing equipment, stay home.

us
    Sep 2017
    Southwest US
    BH Time Ranger
    282 times
    Prospecting, Treasure hunter, Metel detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    When running from an alligator be sure to zigzag because they can only run fast in a straight line.

Is that sound advice or myth ?
    If your gator country you don't need to run very far. You run and climb the closest tree. Better to be tree'd than eaten after running zig-zag.

We have had 2 bear attacks , One lady was in camp with her gun in her lap after seeing it around earlyer in the day
    and fell asleep, Bear bit her head from behind. Husband and her beat it off she drop the gun during the attack.

Hell, we have had 6 deaths from Bee Attacks this year. Not the way I want to die.

We have too many people that are not aware of their surroundings, Selfie picture stupidity and Stupidity.

You cant fix Stupid!
    Last edited by Chiltepin; Oct 19, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
    Ryano likes this.
    Chile Colorado
    4-5lbs Choice Boneless Chuck Roast -(Trim Fat) Cut into 2 inch cubes
    6 Cloves of Garlic
    1 x 16 ounce can of Chile Colorado sauce (sold as Enchilada sauce)
    Salt
    Pepper

Crock Pot- Cook on High 1 hour ( stir every 2 hours)
    Proceed on Low for 5 hours or until Fork Tender
    (Mix 3 - 4 tablespoons of Cornstarch with cold water)
    Add Cornstarch to Crock pot to thicken

Sever with rice , with side of beans and tortillas
    Serves 6-10 (Freeze left overs in container(s) )

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    6265 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    I am still not going in the woods due to bees.
    Ryano likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1966 times
    Look for bee honey, free food.
    Ryano likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    289 times
    An elk hunter in Montana got attacked in the same general area the group of three women. This time the guy had shot an elk but it wasn't dead so he came back the next day to get it. He was walking very quietly in fresh snow because he didn't know if the elk was dead yet. The bear apparently had claimed the elk and jumped him by surprise. After the initial maulling, the bear left and gave him enough time to get out his bear spray. Next attack he sprayed him right in the face (got his own face, too) and the bear left but not far. He could hear him grunting and the bear came back for the third time. No more bear spray left so he threw the can at him. It was enough to ward him off so he escaped. Make human noise, don't travel alone, as a group hopefully will have more cans of bear spray. They said the sound of a firearm can actually attract the bear to your area. You know, dinner bell. LOL
    Last edited by signal_line; Nov 07, 2017 at 09:38 AM.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links