NEED HELP FAST!!!!

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is interesting that Marion county has a township called "Omega". Might be within section 5 of Omega township?

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forbes.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah maybe it hints it is in the water hanging under the bridge or off the side of or under one of the boat docks. I don't get the phrase "but this invention, is not a toy". It might be referring to the name of something that is or was the name of a popular toy? Bridge name, boat name, machinery name, trail name, the boat house on the dock?

"Where the bells toll" probably refers to a bridge which is from the movie "from whom the bell tolls" in which the movie revolves around a steel bridge.

The river in that movie/book by Hemingway was based on story about the bridge built across the " Rio Guadalevin" river. There's possibly your "Rio" part on the map, along with the bridge reference tie in again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L
Sep 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the key was found. I had walked over it on at least three occasions. It was found at Forbes Lake, as I had thought it would be. You walked over a footbridge and walked 40 steps up a hill. The key was buried in soft ground at the 40th step, thus the clue "40 steps is all it takes".
Thanks for all of the help. We have another hunt starting up in about two weeks. I will be picking brains yet again.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other clues include: The Book of Revelation will help you with your questions. 2. If you get the key wet it will be easier to find. 3. The key is sheltered from the weather.

The part "If you get the key wet it will be easier to find"- Is the key referred to a physical metal key or could it be an symbol identification key like a legend on a map or some other clue?

Maybe there is some type of watermark clue out there that cannot be seen unless it gets wet. Just this summer I saw a few videos online where water made a picture appear. Someone had a car with a paint job that turned into a comic book character(the Hulk if I remember correctly) when he threw water on it, another was on a sidewalk where it looked like a normal sidewalk until it was wet, then the art appeared. I guess if I was going to be tricky about hiding a clue, I would maybe do that too - make it so the key can only be seen when wet. If you do a search for "Sidewalk art that only appears when it rains" then you will see what I am trying to say here.

Edit - one last thing. The clues state it is sheltered from the weather. Well you need to take a spray bottle and start wetting the surfaces of where the key is suppose to be and also if it is sheltered from the weather, like under a building awning or something.

Nevermind lol. As soon as I posted this I saw the message above.

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why dont you provide the clues that have been given?

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this hunt? obviously a recently made one right? I want to follow along and research it. Don't worry, I'm all the way in GA. Is the hunt over now that the key was found or is there more to it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread