jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bridgeport evening farmer. (Bridgeport, Conn.), 14 July 1911.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...=&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=22

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently reading Karl von Mueller's "The Treasure Hunter's Manual - 7th Edition" published in 1966 by The Gold Bug of Alamo, California. I've read the first 5 chapters so far. In it, he names a lot of possible treasure hiding places that I and most treasure hunters have never thought of looking. He also shares many treasure recovery stories that were told to him by his readers, fellow treasure hunters, and friends. I highly recommend this book.
~Texas Jay

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently reading Karl von Mueller's "The Treasure Hunter's Manual - 7th Edition" published in 1966 by The Gold Bug of Alamo, California. I've read the first 5 chapters so far. In it, he names a lot of possible treasure hiding places that I and most treasure hunters have never thought of looking. He also shares many treasure recovery stories that were told to him by his readers, fellow treasure hunters, and friends. I highly recommend this book.
~Texas Jay

Rule of Thumb :icon_thumleft:

If you can fit some Money in it, you may want to Check it :laughing7:

From pages of Books to Toes of old Shoes.
[I've detected Coins through an Old Sneaker in the woods once.
was unfortunately Clad, But fun Find]

From Holes under Boulders, To the Y Branch in a large old Tree,
they all work in a pinch to stash a cache.

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the Karl von Mueller book that I mentioned above. I'm a little over halfway through it and I'm still finding a lot of helpful and interesting information in it.
Fall 2017 015.JPG

~Texas Jay

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay thank you for sharing the info on Karl von Mueller . I never heard of him until your post. I did a quick search on Amazon and found this listing:
67720814-AD92-4997-9FD6-EF1A0CA5AD99.jpeg

I think is a newer reprint then the book you have it’s a 1974 revised 7th edition just curious what your book is. I love the simple design on your book cover of a leather pouch with coins..

Again thank you for sharing the info

A488F362-1B7B-498E-86B1-581BC6911E38.jpeg

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in the early 70's I thought I would become a funeral director, so I became an apprentice mortician. After working at it full time for a few months, I moved and found part time employment in a small town at a locally owned mortuary. The owner had bought it a couple of years before I went to work for him, and he told me a most interesting story. After the previous owner had died, the heirs had put the business up for sale and the new owner decided to update and remodel the building. When in the basement he was checking out the old coal fired furnace and found around the backside of the old burner, in a rather narrow and dim area, several large old coffee cans. When he pulled the lid off one he was surprised to find it full of gold teeth, gold partials and bridges. Several of the old cans were filled the same way, it appears the previous owner had been robbing the deceased of their dental gold. The new owner took the cans and had the gold melted down and then he sold the bars, netting enough to nearly pay back what he had paid for the business.
Some time back a person whom I had known casually for many years passed away. This individual was a good business person, tight as an over stretched rubber band, and appeared not to have believed in banks. Among many other items found in his home after he died was a large white plastic mayonnaise jar in his kitchen 'fridge that contained nearly $60K in Ben Franklins. It was almost thrown out by the folks cleaning up the place!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay thank you for sharing the info on Karl von Mueller . I never heard of him until your post. I did a quick search on Amazon and found this listing:
View attachment 1522994

I think is a newer reprint then the book you have it’s a 1974 revised 7th edition just curious what your book is. I love the simple design on your book cover of a leather pouch with coins..

Again thank you for sharing the info

View attachment 1522996

It's the same book. Apparently my copy is a rare First Edition but mine also includes a lot of misspelled words that were probably corrected in the newer edition.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread