Travel Channel Search For Gold

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I got contacted by email and had a few phone calls back and forth, yesterday I got the email that a date was set for filming. One of my Lost Treasure Stories was noticed for a new treasure hunting show. I didn't think there was very high odds that it would happen, and expected it to not. They did send me a link to a trailer of the pilot episode but i never clicked it. It will be in Montana.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
They noticed the story here at this site.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way Cool Brother! Keep us posted!! :icon_thumright:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your opportunity works out well ....I'm still waiting for the guys from Expedition Unknown to get back to me, we were suppose to start filming in June.(legends -Jonathan Swift - Indian Waybill)

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and good luck on this possible new chapter!

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
My boss ain't too pleased, so far doesn't want to give me off for it.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Lucky I work two jobs, fortunately I am in a position of power. If my boss don't want to cover one shift, his choice is covering all of them. I think he is smart enough to realize it.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well dates are set, so afterwards I plan to post the interesting email exchanges.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Couple more emails one is date to meet producer. Another for filming date and what to wear and bring 2 changes of clothes if they don't like something.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I am having my doubts about getting paid for doing this. So I hope I at least get my book on the show. It was a post of my version with map that got the whole thing rolling. Guess there are just four places in the country they are doing searches. Arizona, California, Colorado and Montana. I wonder if they are seeking Treasure Mountain in Colorado.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pete, if you need a long range locator on site, maybe we can split the gas to get there.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having my doubts about getting paid for doing this. ......

Very likely so! Brand new shows dont pay @#$% to the actors, and you typically have to pay your own way and lodging, meals... everything. If you get anything in the end, consider yourself lucky. If you get paid more than your expenses, considered yourself extremely lucky.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Release form has a term valuable consideration, which doesn't say anything.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Had the meeting with the producer today.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have brought me along. I've researched this one for many years. BTW, I totally disagree with your solve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have put it out there you could have been on the show! Had to grab two from the Beartooth Prospectors Club to come down to Stella's this morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread