JAPANESE TREASURE IN SOLOMON ISLANDS

T

Tulagi

Our group has contracted with the Solomon Islands government to locate and remove Japanese spoils of war. Rock signs and eye witness accounts indicate that treasures were buried at a number of sites in the Solomons during the Japanese occupation in early 1942. Most of these sites appear to have already been recovered, but some of the more difficult sites may still remain. We are seeking additional information on Solomon sites that may be helpful in our quest. Please email or PM us.
Thanks

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA: I was in the Solomons campaign from Aug 42 - 43, frankly I do not understand why any large treasures would be buried there ?? Possibly one of the ships operating funds from one of those that were beached, but beyond that ??

It would be fascinating to hear more if it wouldn't endanger your project.

p.s. look for the large dump about 2 hrs inland from the old Henderson field. Basically due south if I remember correctly, should be lots of military materiel still there. When I returned in late 43 , early 44, someone (Japanese ?) was still taking care of it???

p.p.s Is there any basis for the giants story?

B

brla

Solomon said:
Our group has contracted with the Solomon Islands government to locate and remove Japanese spoils of war.? Rock signs and eye witness accounts indicate that treasures were buried at a number of sites in the Solomons during the Japanese occupation in early 1942.? Most of these sites appear to have already been recovered, but some of the more difficult sites may still remain.? ?We are seeking additional information on Solomon sites that may be helpful in our quest.? ?Please email or PM us.?
Thanks

keep working on this solomon treasure is not find still!!!! i belive in this story and keep working on the project also if i realyze something connected witht his i will PM or email u

Regards

Ramoz

Jan 14, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Military materials..

Hey did the Americans bury those military materials after the war,Or they just leave them on the surface?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The basis of the myth of what was originally called the 'Tulagi treasure' was the first hand reports of local inhabitants witnessing the unloading of a Japanese Hospital ship there.

They reported Japanese soldiers unloading and carrying by hand wooden boxes that were very heavy as they required two soldiers to move.

What would have been carried on a Hospital ship that was packed in boxes and heavy the observers wondered as the boxes were driven awat, for
as everyone knows, Hospital ships are prevented by the rules of war of carrying war materials or weapons. If they do they lose their 'non combatant' status and become free targets: those heavy boxes must therefore contain gold!

This was the genesis of the myth of Japanese looted treasure being hidden on the Solomons.

The reality and the answer of the 'boxes of gold' being unloaded were a lot simpler and a lot less exciting.

A US aerial reconnaisance photo of the time revealed a Japanese anti aircraft unit to be on the island with emplacements dotted high up around the place.

The Japanese had ignored the rules of war and used the Hospital ship to surreptitiously deliver boxes of anti aircraft ammunition in preparation of the impending battle......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions