Interesting rock found, please tell me what you see

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I hear stories of rocks and rock formations that look like owl's and other things that may be a marker to lead to treasure. I dont know much about it, but in this rock, I see what could be a face. Facing left. But I also see what could be an owl bust. Also facing left . Almost looks chiseled but I'm no professional. Please tell me what you see, and what meaning this rock could have, if any?any help you can give me would be much appreciated! Thanks Screenshot_20180812-120814_Gallery.jpg

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I will bite. To me it seems rather like a bird nesting, looking left, also white dog looking left.
I wuld go that direction for more info, IF there is more.

OP
OP
J

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice elh. The rock is just out of place, on a real old trail in the woods. There is no other big rocks around, and this one just looks chiseled or something. Maybe its nothing, but every time I go down that trail I wonder

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the advice elh. The rock is just out of place, on a real old trail in the woods. There is no other big rocks around, and this one just looks chiseled or something. Maybe its nothing, but every time I go down that trail I wonder

Follow through with your first instinct because sometimes you may be right. People have walked by K.G.C. symbols and thought they were nothing special until the day when somebody sees something different and follows through to finds what was left for them.

L.C.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you L.C :) you are totally right! I keep trying to figure out if this means something, I will post more pics from different angles to give you guys a better look. As for Islamoradamark, this rock does make me think that there is something special up here in Vermont :) I just dont know how I will ever be able to find it! But I will keep trying! Thanks all!

OP
OP
J

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm trying to figure out! I think it's too unique to not be man made... but I really dont know anything about them. Would love some input from anyone with knowledge, that is willing to share :)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the stone surface.
Now look at the stones that are below it!!

It is a trail marker.
Almost everything around it is moss covered, while very little moss has even tried to grow on the marker.
Almost everything about it points “left “, except for one , hard to see, image of a man on horseback.
The rider appears to be trying to turn the horse back to the other direction. ( all of the horse and rider image is carved, or “clay covered “, and sketched into the surface and fire hardened) into the lower left side of the marker.
Enough work has been done to warrant a thorough investigation.

All “In my humble opinion”.

#/;0{>~(c)

OP
OP
J

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me Prospectormikel! I am so curious to hear you talk about the man on horseback trying to turn around! The trail kind of loops around this rock formation, and as you follow the trail around, the rock looks like it morphs into something else. It's so awesome that you know so much about this, and are willing to help! Thank you :)
I just wish i knew what to look for next... or how far away from this marker the vault could (or should) or might be? Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the kind words, Jason.
But I cannot take all, or maybe less than 50%, of the credit...
Last year, Weekender and I found a fantastic trail on our site.
Weekender was in his element. We started out with a shaped tree and looked along the edge and saw a large pointer stone, with no moss but all of the supporting stones were moss covered, just like yours. We repeated that process for about an hour or less, photographing as we moved along.
He was drawn from on sign to the next like a bloodhound.
I was behind him, trying to get my GPS marks and photo him from behind.

It turned into the best expedition ever on the site!

Weekender sends his photos to me after each trip and I study them and post many on our site, my old thread. And I sort through the most common responses and try to figure out what to do next.

Weekender doesn’t post much that he has done, to go on the thread or the book. But I have managed to let him speak through his photos.
Sometimes he doesn’t even know why he takes some of them, and I study them and find some of the most important things in his photos!!

Together we find some of the most amazing things that I have ever seen!!

I would recommend watching for the things that he likes. And read the previous post, because most of what we know, has come from these threads

As for your next step...
Just look [emoji102] where anything is, that looks out of place.

If you have a GPS for trails, mark each and get azimuth lines, and transfer them to a TOPO map.
I use National Geographic TOPO program, and it works great ( I probably should buy the next grade update) but you can make maps and discover lines that intersect and go back to those intersections and just sit there and eat lunch or drink water and try to put yourself in the mind set of the people that have left a well marked trail.

Several of the azimuth lines that I have placed on the map, have taken ten to fifteen years to point to potential cache spots.

Keep that stuff close to your heart and locked away from anyone that you wouldn’t trust with your life!!!.....

Be patient and diligent.
Make sure you have a contract with your land owner, with accurate boundaries. I failed on one count and almost missed the best of all.

Weekender had the skills to help me find the correct landowner and that saved the site.

I’ll share part of what those rocks and trees drew him into. I’m not too worried about it getting found by anyone else, because we couldn’t find it again after ten months.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538110126.787879.jpg

Happy hunting.

#/;0{>~(c)

PS..
About the man and the horse [emoji237] , when you seen them you may have the same problem as I.
I can’t determine which way the rider is trying to turn the horse, but it is clear that there is a struggle for control.
The rider’s head is just under and to the left of the bottom of the top rock and the-horse’s head is to the right side of the of the photo from the rider’s chest...
sharp edges with the reigns pulled tight!
(C)

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And about the sharing...
I entrusted everyone here that I could.

They returned in kind.
It works great, until the sentinel groups start disinformation attacks!

Anyone that says that there are no such thing as a sentinel... is a sentinel

#/;0{>~(c)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread