I Found the Forrest Fenn Treasure Near Dinosaur National Monument

Mark Tracy

Dec 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Link provided flag'd as "Anomaly behavior detected (possible malware): warning.html_anomaly?2"

tn_teacher.gif
If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Mark Tracy

Dec 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flaming_gorge.jpg
Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.
The warm waters of Flaming Gorge Reservoir halt at Flaming Gorge Dam. From the dam, the cooler water of the Green River continues down a canyon and passes Browns Park and a historic century-and-a-half-old home, the Wilson Place. Just below the Wilson home is the confluence of Vermillion Creek and the Green River.
vermillion_creek.jpg
From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.
You can't paddle up Vermillion Creek because its water is being drained off for agriculture and never reaches the Green River. However, above the agricultural area, the flow of the creek resumes and there is the high water of Vermillion Falls. The word "loads" in the poem may be a reference to the Gates of Lodore and Lodore Hall, near the Wilson Place.

(To see the solution to the remaining clues and to see a photo of "the chest", google the website: I Found The Forrest Fenn Treasure Near Dinosaur National Monument.)

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
If no recovery has been made, you have found nothing. You have a theory, and nothing more.

Time for more coffee.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark , how can you find something someone else found?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Ha! It can now be marked "mystery solved".

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man this is confusing, treasure found and we just get pictures of maps and not treasure.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Was it under the Stego's tail? Is that you? J/K...:tongue3:
Dinosaur_National_Monument_%287002366043%29.jpg

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark has been a busy boy....removed from at least 4 other forums.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
OK, my BS detector pegged the needle on this one so I did some superficial investigating. For starters, the original poster of this thread is a newbie with 3 posts under his belt. Second, a quick Google search for "mark tracy","forrest fenn" returns only 7 results. One of those results is a link to ChaseChat and the "Forrest Fenn's Forum". There, the original poster has an account that was created on November 22, 2018 and last visited the site on November 24, 2018. He has spent a total of 12 minutes and 1 second online there. No posts. Third, the same original poster has a Tripod web page with basically the same information. The page in question is the only page associated with the account, and was last modified on December 10, 2018. Fourth, the image of the map showing correlations between the "clues" and their location looks suspiciously familiar. It's as if I've seen the same maps used in threads on this forum...very recently. Gee, if I could only remember where that was.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, my BS detector pegged the needle on this one so I did some superficial investigating. For starters, the original poster of this thread is a newbie with 3 posts under his belt. Second, a quick Google search for "mark tracy","forrest fenn" returns only 7 results. One of those results is a link to ChaseChat and the "Forrest Fenn's Forum". There, the original poster has an account that was created on November 22, 2018 and last visited the site on November 24, 2018. He has spent a total of 12 minutes and 1 second online there. No posts. Third, the same original poster has a Tripod web page with basically the same information. The page in question is the only page associated with the account, and was last modified on December 10, 2018. Fourth, the image of the map showing correlations between the "clues" and their location looks suspiciously familiar. It's as if I've seen the same maps used in threads on this forum...very recently. Gee, if I could only remember where that was.

So your saying we will not get to see the treasure.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
So your saying we will not get to see the treasure.

We won't be seeing anything from "Mark", anyway. But I have a sneaky suspicion that he's very close by, observing us from a different...perspective. Maybe "someone else" could offer their thoughts on "Mark" finding the treasure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions