Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Anyone know of any discussion forums for 1910-1950 organized crime history?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    A#1
    us
    El Supremo!!

Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Eagle Spectrum, Equinox 600, Carrot, LeTrap, Moby
    222 times
    Other Peoples Trash

Anyone know of any discussion forums for 1910-1950 organized crime history?

I decided to add cache hunting into my normal research, just for fun.

I want to look into any crimes that may have been committed by a certain (somewhat high level) group, and maybe any links to loot that may have been hidden.

I have access to some land that they owned during their reign.

Anyone know of some forums that talk about organized crime history?

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A#1 View Post
    I want to look into any crimes that may have been committed by a certain (somewhat high level) group, and maybe any links to loot that may have been hidden.
    Since you know who this "certain (somewhat high level) group" is, you might have better luck doing specific, historical research on their activities. I'm not sure how much luck you will have in finding loot, though. People involved in organized crime were more about living large and having a good time, not stashing away money for a rainy day. But hey, you might find a lot of old guns and bodies if the land is rural.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

A#1
    us
    El Supremo!!

Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    222 times
    Other Peoples Trash
    I do know who the group was, but it was a large group. Kinda like saying "The Capone Gang"....tyere was Capone himself, and a vast number of underlings composing "the gang"

I wanted to start by forming a list of member names to search, maybe make some name associations, learn of some misdeeds.

The gang was long lived, very active, highly connected, and very wealthy. Strangely I haven't found a lot of intel on them, but I've never had any interest in mafia kind of stuff till now. I found one book on a closely related group that i'm about to read, but it still cant cover everything.

The property is rural, remote, and bloody huge, like 10,000+ acres huge.

I have no reason to think anything is there, but it gets the imagination flowing.

I was just suprised I couldnt find a forum related to them somewhere.
    Last edited by A#1; Dec 24, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
    L.C. BAKER, Kace and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    646 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good luck I hope you find a million dollars! There are the occasional posts on crime/gang related stashes but its always a guess. One guy was searching a camping area where the members of some gang(famous) had hid out and found a stash of several thousands of dollars. The one guys diamonds were never found. and there is s\a site in Indiana that is suppose to be where one guy buried his stash while his chauffer waited.....never been found...even thought the highway exit and directions are supposedly known and in circulation.
    L.C. BAKER and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7164 times
    The Truth
    Wouldn't be the purple gang would it?
    L.C. BAKER likes this.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Liberals,too stupid to know that they are really communists.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.”

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

A#1
    us
    El Supremo!!

Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    222 times
    Other Peoples Trash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    Wouldn't be the purple gang would it?
    No, actually it isn't.

The Purple Gang definately gets talked about , histories and names often confused, took a while to sort out what I have so far.

The Purples were a much a much flashier group than who I'm looking at. Short lived really, they were "livin large"....as MiddenMonster said. Feeding their egos,making names for themselves, publicly violent, they got sloppy. They eventually spun out in the end, and went away.

The Purple Gang made a much better story than the group I'm interested in, I suppose that's why history remembers them.

I think the guys I'm looking at were plenty violent criminals, but they were also businessmen and investors......there was just as much organized as there was crime I guess. I think that's why all this land was initially bought. It's widespread, and it would have been quite worthless at the time. They bought out homes, farms, and thousands of acres of swampland
    L.C. BAKER and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    3596 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    I do know who the group was, but it was a large group. Kinda like saying "The Capone Gang"....tyere was Capone himself, and a vast number of underlings composing "the gang"

I wanted to start by forming a list of member names to search, maybe make some name associations, learn of some misdeeds.

The gang was long lived, very active, highly connected, and very wealthy. Strangely I haven't found a lot of intel on them, but I've never had any interest in mafia kind of stuff till now. I found one book on a closely related group that i'm about to read, but it still cant cover everything.

The property is rural, remote, and bloody huge, like 10,000+ acres huge.

I have no reason to think anything is there, but it gets the imagination flowing.

I was just suprised I couldnt find a forum related to them somewhere.

Start looking for something out of the ordinary or that catches your eye from where you think they stood or stayed most of the time. Sounds like fun place to hunt. Have fun and good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigW.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	1666026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shawshanktreescene.jpg 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	1666034
    elh, Kace, lairmo and 1 others like this.
    “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” -WJB

A#1
    us
    El Supremo!!

Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    222 times
    Other Peoples Trash
    Easier said than done really. My best count says in the 40's they had 38 parcels of land, totalling 10,106 acres. Thats a lot of land to search through.

I was hoping to find a way of isolating more interesting places....like many just weren't accessable by roads. The main house is lost to development, and literally gone, including the original lay of the land. The surrounding forest has been logged time and again.

One neat thing I found was a waterfront place. The water is a main attraction to the area. Out of all that land, I only found one small place they had on the water.
    Kace likes this.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7164 times
    The Truth
    Yup,actually I think the purple gang was remembered for a couple reasons.They were enforcers for capone,they were also the first gang to use the thompson.
    Kace likes this.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Liberals,too stupid to know that they are really communists.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.”

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3533 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    I decided to add cache hunting into my normal research, just for fun.

I have access to some land that they owned during their reign.

Anyone know of some forums that talk about organized crime history?
    I don't think there are any forums here that discuss that... probably have to start a thread here.

I prohibition era cache hunt too and it's not just in the country where you'll find things associated with who and what you're talking about. Privately owned businesses and homes in the cities were used a lot.

I've got some photos to post that I'm about ready to put up on a site I was at. I had to take them from a VHS tape. ugh. You can see a couple Prohibition threads I talked a little about it.

I'd like a section to talk about what you're interested in. There's more to it than anything I've seen here.

Kace
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    12727 times
    On Treasure Net... in "Everything Else" Forum...?

Jun 2007
    12727 times
    What "High Level Group"... COULD be a "clue" as to where to start a "Thread"...
    Kace likes this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3533 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    On Treasure Net... in "Everything Else" Forum...?
    He's looking for Cache Sites...

The High Level Group I took to mean the immigrants who formed the US organized crime syndicate...When he said Mafia.

He was right to put it in Cache Hunting I think. I'm not sure where else it would fit. Cache's could be from a private or an organized group.

This would be a great topic.

Kace
    Rebel - KGC and Nitric like this.

Jun 2007
    12727 times
    Start it in this Forum, then. "Mafia"...? NYC, Chicago, Miami, Virginia Beach... WHERE...?
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 11, 2019 at 08:03 PM.
    Kace likes this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    2298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. BAKER View Post
    Start looking for something out of the ordinary or that catches your eye from where you think they stood or stayed most of the time. Sounds like fun place to hunt. Have fun and good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigW.jpg 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	1666026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shawshanktreescene.jpg 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	1666034

Kace, Rebel - KGC and Dirt1955 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links