Production Company Looking For Experts on Skeleton Canyon/SW Treasure Hunting

ColeTC

Dec 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings treasure hunters! I work in development for an unscripted-documentary focused production company that has an upcoming shoot in Skeleton Canyon. If you or anyone you know would like to participate on the show as an expert on the subject or simply as a private researcher who has places they can take us to look - I would love to talk with you. We are taking an all encompassing search prior to filming, so any information or connections to knowledgable people could land you as a consulting credit on the project. I appreciate any and all help!

Kind regards,
Cole

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could participate as a hap shawnessy type

PartisanRanger

Feb 17, 2018
Farmington, Missouri
Detector(s) used
2@Garrett Master Hunter CXIII with depth multiplier, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett pro pinpointer, Garrett Ace Apex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have info on this area that may be of some use. contact me.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I been on one of these, they want folks such as partisanranger who have some knowledge of the events. Generally there is a conference call and they ask some questions. It doesn't pay anything, but one never knows. I am up in Montana and could do the research from here without going on site like I did for the lost gold show. They want researchers and different view points not rehashed events.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I been on one of these, they want folks such as partisanranger who have some knowledge of the events. Generally there is a conference call and they ask some questions. It doesn't pay anything, but one never knows. I am up in Montana and could do the research from here without going on site like I did for the lost gold show. They want researchers and different view points not rehashed events.

If you have, are or plan to write a book related to treasure hunting this is a good opportunity to get some street cred that could get a publisher interested in your work. It's an enhancement to your Curriculum Vitae that shows you aren't a dilettante or just some schmuck off the street trying to pedal a book.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have, are or plan to write a book related to treasure hunting this is a good opportunity to get some street cred that could get a publisher interested in your work. It's an enhancement to your Curriculum Vitae that shows you aren't a dilettante or just some schmuck off the street trying to pedal a book.

Who needs a publisher? We got 17 books out already. It was from our books that we were asked to be on the show.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Who needs a publisher? We got 17 books out already. It was from our books that we were asked to be on the show.

That's because you already have the street cred. The juice. The dice. There are far more people that have zero books out, but would like to and are looking for a way to get a publisher to just read them, let alone actually publish them.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
They don't need a publisher, it can all be done on their laptop. Cover interior the whole ball of wax.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
So back to the start of this thread. These production groups have individuals on this site studying the lost treasure legends they want to do shows on. If someone appears to have some knowledge on the topic they get private messaged from them. What they don't want is the same old stories that have been out there. They want some actual research done, ( it's always been claimed doesn't cut it for them).

OP
OP
C

ColeTC

Dec 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assure you we're looking for individuals ready to launch their own expeditions in Skeleton Canyon- we'll simply follow you. Our profession is providing interesting TV, we'd be in no position to take any treasure you might find. If you'd prefer not to hunt/simply can't make it then we'd love to get a dialogue going on all information/anyone else that may be interested for Skeleton Canyon. Send me a private message here or write me at my personal email: [email protected]

Thank you all!

OP
OP
C

ColeTC

Dec 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd also have to refute the no-pay disclaimer made. If you're on a cable TV series/documentary you are certainly compensated.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd also have to refute the no-pay disclaimer made. If you're on a cable TV series/documentary you are certainly compensated.

You can refute my saying I didn't get paid if you wish. I had to sign one for the Travel Channel. So if someone has research on this one and can't make it, you want them to just email it to you for others to use?

OP
OP
C

ColeTC

Dec 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're less keen on obtaining research - more interested in characters. I would love to hear from any and all outgoing/charismatic SW treasure hunters!

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
We're less keen on obtaining research - more interested in characters. I would love to hear from any and all outgoing/charismatic SW treasure hunters!

And therein lies the crux of all good TV--interesting characters. If viewers aren't interested in the people, no writing in the world is going to save a show. I don't have any experience hunting treasure like this, but if you need a villain to sabotage the people that do I'm down for the struggle...

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings treasure hunters! I work in development for an unscripted-documentary focused production company that has an upcoming shoot in Skeleton Canyon. If you or anyone you know would like to participate on the show as an expert on the subject or simply as a private researcher who has places they can take us to look - I would love to talk with you. We are taking an all encompassing search prior to filming, so any information or connections to knowledgable people could land you as a consulting credit on the project. I appreciate any and all help!

Kind regards,
Cole

You picked a great area and a great name. Lots of excitement, mysterious places and people. Lots of dangers from big cats, snakes and even illegals in the area. That boot hill region is very desolated and rugged.Then there is the untold riches in that area. Ancients,Templar's, Spaniards, Geronimo used the area a lot. There should be adventure and something exciting to find all along they way.There should be tons of endless material available to write about. I hope you do a show in that area. I will watch it for sure. Good Luck.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You picked a great area and a great name. Lots of excitement, mysterious places and people. Lots of dangers from big cats, snakes and even illegals in the area. That boot hill region is very desolated and rugged.Then there is the untold riches in that area. Ancients,Templar's, Spaniards, Geronimo used the area a lot. There should be adventure and something exciting to find all along they way.There should be tons of endless material available to write about. I hope you do a show in that area. I will watch it for sure. Good Luck.

I also forgot to mention that the Aztec/Mayan Culture where also in that area. Also i know someone that Knows all this stuff, and is also a great writer of Fiction and non Fiction and can keep a person on the edge of their seat waiting and wanting more. You can and would have a #1 show on that subject matter. All the visual stuff is there. You just need to put together a good team. You will smoke the competition with ease. You can make it happen Cole.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

Iam so glade i was able to make you laugh today Tiredman. Laughter for me is so healing and rejuvenating,i love it. Here is a Aztec/Mayan Chief from that area. I like how modest he is with only two feathers. He is starting to get his Jaguar cloak on in shadow form, complete with fangs and the 3 claw hand holding on to a helmet head. Seeing is sometimes believing. Great health to you with the laughter. 24312674_10212563965760165_229172985264954153_n.jpg th (1).jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I get that straight: You want someone to lead you to where 'X marks the spot' and for that the person could 'land' a consulting credit on the project?
Don.......

Love that deal huh Don :)

Me 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread