re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA

Sep 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA

Does anyone have contact in Southern California who can check this out?

Seen on Twi**er:

1/5 re: Coincidence & #dirtfishing in North Long Beach - Speaking of detecting, following was seen on one of the goldpanning/detector forums ... #90805 #metaldetector #treasure #metaldetectingfinds #oldcoins

2/5 "Needing a little help in #90805 10-yr-old boy buried his #oldcoins swag at edge of a railroad easement 60 yrs ago. 1-qt jar sealed with candle wax, 20" down, a block of 2x8 between jar & surface. Don't disturb residents. Proper permission required... #metaldetector #treasure

3/5 "Pre-war Lincoln pennies, wartime ones, too. Random foreign pieces thrown in from visitors' pocket change. 'Anyone detecting in #NorthLongBeach? Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure

4/5 "I require 17% of value after initial $20k, documented, deposited to acct, acct info via [email protected] Finder to receive directions to 2nd cache. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure

5/5 "Jar #1: 5 mature trees, north side of East 49th, 3rd lot w. from Elm. Tree #4, 2nd from right is clock face, jar is within 5' to 10' of clock center, 10 to 2 o'clock. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure "

OP
OP
O
Sep 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA ... In other words, on East 49th, note east boundary of 3rd residential lot west from Elm Street. Project line north to tracks. Cache is 6 to 10 ft. from curb, just west of projected line. But, of course it's likely long gone. :) "Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure"

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Does anyone have contact in Southern California who can check this out?

Sounds like a scam to me. First, it's on Twitter. Second, this tweet is very suspicious:

4/5 "I require 17% of value after initial $20k, documented, deposited to acct, acct info via [email protected] Finder to receive directions to 2nd cache. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure

It sounds like this person is never going to be seen in person if you have to deposit money into an account via an e-mail through some web page. I'd be leery about even going to that web page for fear of picking up some malware. If I was a fan of the Rockford Files--and I am, I would be thinking that the tweeter is looking for a bird dog, or running a con. Third, what are the chances that a cache of pennies buried by a 10 year old boy only 60 years ago is going to come close to the $20K that triggers an additional 17% for the tweeter?

Fourth, you conveniently left off the names "Henri Pavlov-Hsu @alexintokyo", which can be found with a simple Google search for the e-mail address, and seen in the exact posting on another forum. Edited information is always highly suspicious.

Last edited:

mexgold

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure this guy lives in that location and wants to see a few Armadillos poking around while He washes down a few beers laughing.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I hear a somolian prince needs help transferring 47 million in gold to his country. Just deposit 10K into the bank account for the codes to the loot. It will be shared 50 - 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread