re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By oh-be-joyful_johnson
  • 1 Post By oh-be-joyful_johnson
  • 2 Post By MiddenMonster
  • 1 Post By trdking

Thread: re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2019
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA

Does anyone have contact in Southern California who can check this out?

Seen on Twi**er:

1/5 re: Coincidence & #dirtfishing in North Long Beach - Speaking of detecting, following was seen on one of the goldpanning/detector forums ... #90805 #metaldetector #treasure #metaldetectingfinds #oldcoins

2/5 "Needing a little help in #90805 10-yr-old boy buried his #oldcoins swag at edge of a railroad easement 60 yrs ago. 1-qt jar sealed with candle wax, 20" down, a block of 2x8 between jar & surface. Don't disturb residents. Proper permission required... #metaldetector #treasure

3/5 "Pre-war Lincoln pennies, wartime ones, too. Random foreign pieces thrown in from visitors' pocket change. 'Anyone detecting in #NorthLongBeach? Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure

4/5 "I require 17% of value after initial $20k, documented, deposited to acct, acct info via gofer28147@mypacks.net Finder to receive directions to 2nd cache. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure

5/5 "Jar #1: 5 mature trees, north side of East 49th, 3rd lot w. from Elm. Tree #4, 2nd from right is clock face, jar is within 5' to 10' of clock center, 10 to 2 o'clock. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure "

A2coins likes this.

Sep 2019
    2 times
    re: Cache in North Long Beach, CA ... In other words, on East 49th, note east boundary of 3rd residential lot west from Elm Street. Project line north to tracks. Cache is 6 to 10 ft. from curb, just west of projected line. But, of course it's likely long gone. "Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure"

A2coins likes this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oh-be-joyful_johnson View Post
    Does anyone have contact in Southern California who can check this out?
    Sounds like a scam to me. First, it's on Twitter. Second, this tweet is very suspicious:

4/5 "I require 17% of value after initial $20k, documented, deposited to acct, acct info via gofer28147@mypacks.net Finder to receive directions to 2nd cache. Proper permission required; do not tresspass! Do not make a mess! #90805 #metaldetector #treasure
    It sounds like this person is never going to be seen in person if you have to deposit money into an account via an e-mail through some web page. I'd be leery about even going to that web page for fear of picking up some malware. If I was a fan of the Rockford Files--and I am, I would be thinking that the tweeter is looking for a bird dog, or running a con. Third, what are the chances that a cache of pennies buried by a 10 year old boy only 60 years ago is going to come close to the $20K that triggers an additional 17% for the tweeter?

Fourth, you conveniently left off the names "Henri Pavlov-Hsu @alexintokyo", which can be found with a simple Google search for the e-mail address, and seen in the exact posting on another forum. Edited information is always highly suspicious.
    Last edited by MiddenMonster; Sep 05, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Ryano and elh like this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

Aug 2019
    Im sure this guy lives in that location and wants to see a few Armadillos poking around while He washes down a few beers laughing.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6694 times
    And I hear a somolian prince needs help transferring 47 million in gold to his country. Just deposit 10K into the bank account for the codes to the loot. It will be shared 50 - 50
    elh likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links