Anyone interested in at least 1 million dollars

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ken, Remember me? Is this electrum at the old mine in northeast WA?.
Jim

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I need someone in the state of Washington that has the time and means to recover 3 barrels of electrum concentrate

For "at least 1 million dollars" I would think anyone on this list, regardless of their location would be happy to pay their own way to get to Washington state, and just as happy to use that expense to offset the capital gains tax that would be owed on "at least 1 million dollars". Care to elaborate on what is involved in locating, acquiring, transporting and getting paid for this task? I've seen enough episodes of the Rockford Files to know that it's never as easy as it seems.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for 50% non-refundable up front, I'd "contemplate" buying a trailer & Heading west.

Sorry ! in all seriousness Too far for me,
But Couldn't resist Comment when one Million Dollars is Mentioned :coffee2:

Good luck !

by the way, if your using Tapatalk, that may be the reason for the Jumping.
try a computer & Mozilla Firefox

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll have $1.98 left after taxes. Good luck.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need someone in the state of Washington that has the
time and means to recover 3 barrels of electrum concentrate sorry the computer is jumping around
,kenjmor2006

OK Ken, I'm in Washington.

I have loads of time, but as to "means" I have no idea what will be
required to to recover the barrels. Are they 50 Gal. or 30 Gal. barrels?

Also, what is "electrum concentrate", and if it's valued at over $1M
why didn't you travel here and recover it yourself? spider-0173.gif

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I need someone in the state of Washington that has the time and means to recover 3 barrels of electrum concentrate sorry the computer is jumping around ,kenjmor2006

say you get a taker, it is recovered, whats to stop the taker from scamming you
JMO, id have to get it myself,seems like i could get scammed out of my $$ easy

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A million? Nah. I'm working on a much bigger deal with a Nigerian Prince who is having difficulty getting his vast wealth out of his country. I've sent my bank account information and now I'm just sitting back waiting to be rich.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, I'm always interested in a million dollars. Just send it in cash to my private p.o. box.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
KenJmor2006 - You posted about this in 2016. Here's the link:

And here is the quote from his post:

Hello all,hope I have this posted in the right place,i have first hand knowledge of three barrels of concentrates that was sunk in a lake, it has been over 50 years ,the gold was sunk in the lake after a mine robbery the 3 men cut a hole in the ice (wintertime) and dropped three 30 inch by 18 inch oak barrels in the lake.The barrels weighted just over 200 pounds each, This was from a mine robbery. Now here is the problem, the water is approximately 15 feet deep where it was dropped There are some kind of stringy weeds growing from the bottom thick,so cant run a metal detector,nor see the bottom. I would like to hear ideas on how to proceed, Thanks for reading.......Ken

Oak barrels + 15' of water + 50 years = no more barrels. If the electrum is small grains or dust then no telling how much of it has been scattered by currents. It would be a good deal if it could be found and salvaged, but of the two it may be the salvaging that is makes it more effort than it's worth. If the exact spot is known, a dredging operation may be the best way to go once the remnants of the barrel hoops are located.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A million? Nah. I'm working on a much bigger deal with a Nigerian Prince who is having difficulty getting his vast wealth out of his country. I've sent my bank account information and now I'm just sitting back waiting to be rich.
What a coincidence!
Me too!! Congratulations on our mutual good fortune

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread