I need a partner to retrieve Forrest Fenn's treasure chest.

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I know, I know.
Everyone and their brother has a "solve" for Forrest Fenn's treasure chest.

That being said and acknowledged, one of those solves just might be the right one.
I also have a solve.

My solve is in New Mexico, near Los Alamos.
It is narrowed down to a one mile stretch of a creek.
It can be searched in a day (or two, depending on how thorough you are).

On my last trip to New Mexico, I fell and was injured (I am fine now).
No, my solve is not in a dangerous place, if you don't slip and fall as I did (I am 65).

Anyway, my wife has banned me from ever going back to New Mexico to search for the chest again.
I plan to stay married, so I can't search there anymore.

I have searched in New Mexico 5 times, read thousands of forum posts, and invested many of hours researching.
So I know a lot about it and am skilled in searching for the chest.

My offer to a "partner":
  1. You get 20% of the money (once it is sold) for just getting the chest using my solve and giving it to me.
  2. Or, you get 50% of the money if you also go through all the gorp of selling it (I have a suggestion on how to do that).
If interested, then private message me on TreasureNet.

Please resist the temptation to flame-reply to this offer on TreasureNet,
as I will ignore the flame-replies.
This is just an offer and I won't argue with anyone. :)

Thank you for your consideration.

ā€œIn the end, one detail is unarguable:
There will always be those searching for treasure.
Never forget: We are a country founded on legends and myths.
We love them, especially legends of treasure.ā€
ā€• Brad Meltzer

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, if youre so sure of the location, go pick it up yourself. Otherwise, I'd say youre entitled to none of what somebody else recovers.

OP
OP
B

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, "This is just an offer and I won't argue with anyone." :)
Happy Thanksgiving.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... you just gave me the last piece of the puzzle I needed... ok I am off to go get the treasure.

Your "percent" is now ... negligible.

PS...

In case your not sure of what negligible means...

negĀ·liĀ·giĀ·ble /ĖˆneÉ”ləjəb(ə)l/

adjective: negligible

so small or unimportant as to be not worth considering; insignificant.

"sound could at last be recorded with incredible ease and at negligible cost"

PSS...

Just kidding. Good luck... and Happy Thanksgiving.

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
Call Woody Blackwell, he has dug into FF's treasure few years ago. A fool and his money are soon parted.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Currentā€¦.Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Pastā€¦.Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone with a signature that is a quote from Brad Meltzer MUST be legit!
Mr. Fenn has absolutely NO proof he ever hid anything. No picture of it in its wild hiding place taken at an angle which reveals little to nothing...nada. For all anyone knows, when he dies, a secret panel in the lid of his casket will slide open with a piece of scratch paper taped to it that says....ā€SUCKERS!ā€ And, if he is capable of going back and checking to see if indeed the supposed chest has been found and removed, he will likely go on saying that itā€™s still out there, because the finder will likely keep their mouth shut for tax purposes.
Iā€™m not arguing any point whatsoever. Iā€™m just trying to inject a wee bit of reality into what is, for all intents and purposes, something quite unrealistic.
He said in an interview that it is NOT buried. With all of the outdoors people from hunters to hikers to rangers to dirt bikers to skiers to people who just wanna hump in the wild....itā€™s not there anymore if it even was in the first place.
ā€œSkilled in searching for the chestā€.....ā€searched in New Mexico 5 timesā€.....as our friends in the ā€œtreasure businessā€ have found many a time, ā€œsearchingā€ and ā€œfindingā€ are 2 very different things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I am a treasure hunter, and never a treasure finder for sure.

Foolish or not, it is my choice. :)

ā€œYou can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.ā€
ā€• Paulo Coelho

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you offered someone payment for looking if nothing was found you might have better luck.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first mistake you made is asking someone for help on this website. I wouldnā€™t trust anyone here if my life depended on it

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got that right I wouldnt tell anyone I didnt know but ,there are many people on this site that are good honest people. Be careful whatever you do

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
You get 20% of the money (once it is sold) for just getting the chest using my solve and giving it to me.
[*]Or, you get 50% of the money if you also go through all the gorp of selling it (I have a suggestion on how to do that).
I think the best solution would be for you to ask your wife to be your partner and you both go to New Mexico. She'll ride you hard about how everything you are doing is going to get you hurt or killed, but I suspect you are used to that. And if you and your wife recover the treasure, you might get 20% of it (once it's sold), but you will still be married. If your wife sells it, you won't even get 20%, but you will still be married and she will let you pick out something nice for yourself.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong answer. There are many honest fine people here that can save your life if need be.

You must be gullible to the core, Iā€™ll believe in myself before I ever trust a stranger. Once you start depending on someone else that shows weakness but hey if thatā€™s your thing then knock yourself out

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be gullible to the core, Iā€™ll believe in myself before I ever trust a stranger. Once you start depending on someone else that shows weakness but hey if thatā€™s your thing then knock yourself out
One must be aware to that you could possibly walking right into a trap.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get an attack in public, I trust that strangers will come to my aid. Being a stranger, I would come to the aid of strangers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread